+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking to purchase either NSX, Type R, Evo MR, FD

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

if you dont mind me asking why an evo 9 mr? vs a standard gsr? unless you a planning on keeping it bone stock and MUST have a 6 speed a gsr is a better buy imo.

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
    if you dont mind me asking why an evo 9 mr? vs a standard gsr? unless you a planning on keeping it bone stock and MUST have a 6 speed a gsr is a better buy imo.
    this is basically a collection of cars that I believe will be collectible in the near future. while I don't plan to be a snob car collector, I believe these are the cars that I can basically drive for free. That I won't lose money on if I ever decided to sell later (okay, may be still some depreciation - especially on the newer models, but it won't be as bad as saying buying a GSR vs. MR).
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

If thats the case I think you are better off finding an RS that will be much more collectible than an MR especially in terms of production numbers and just fyi they produced substantially more MR's than GSR and SE's combined. I personally am not a fan of the 6 speed transmission which is the main reason I was curious why you wanted an MR vs a GSR. Not only is the 5 speed better on the track (my opinion) but it will also gets better gas mileage.

0358 - Evolution IX RS
    3667 - Evolution IX (includes SE editions)
    4176 - Evolution IX MR
    8201 - Total exported Evolution IX to North America (USA)

Liked
    704 times

What about an S2K CR? I know you already have an S2k but I'd guess a stock CR would hold it's value well.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    What about an S2K CR? I know you already have an S2k but I'd guess a stock CR would hold it's value well.
    yes, CR holds its value very well. it is just that I already have a low mileage S2K. if a right CR comes along, I might sell mine to buy that.
    you know, my S2K costs as much today as I bought it 2 years ago. one of very few cars I bought that I didn't lose any money on.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by 0.o slow 1.6 View Post
    I heard ITR's get stolen alot.
    Friend had his gsr AND ej civic stolen in 2011. Civic was towed away, so it didn't matter what security he had on the car. When I had a gsr I'd have a bad dream about it getting stolen about once a month. My fear of car thieves didn't go away until I sold the car.

Liked
    2282 times

If thats the case I think you are better off finding an RS that will be much more collectible than an MR especially in terms of production numbers and just fyi they produced substantially more MR's than GSR and SE's combined. I personally am not a fan of the 6 speed transmission which is the main reason I was curious why you wanted an MR vs a GSR. Not only is the 5 speed better on the track (my opinion) but it will also gets better gas mileage.

0358 - Evolution IX RS
    3667 - Evolution IX (includes SE editions)
    4176 - Evolution IX MR
    8201 - Total exported Evolution IX to North America (USA)
    I would think RS is much more difficult to find stock ? isn't the only reason you buy a RS, is to mod it ?
    what's most collectible is almost always either 1st year, lightest model, or last year's model but highest spec/$$ car.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by gen2gsr View Post
    Friend had his gsr AND ej civic stolen in 2011. Civic was towed away, so it didn't matter what security he had on the car. When I had a gsr I'd have a bad dream about it getting stolen about once a month. My fear of car thieves didn't go away until I sold the car.
    may be that will make ITR worth more after 20 years. 99% of ITR would of gotten stolen at least once with salvage title. very few ITR that's hasn't will be worth big buck
    I would just drive it from home to work....
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I would think RS is much more difficult to find stock ? isn't the only reason you buy a RS, is to mod it ?
    what's most collectible is almost always either 1st year, lightest model, or last year's model but highest spec/$$ car.
    those are all valid factors but I think rarity plays a bigger role in how collectable something will be long term. I would say your odds of finding a stock or at least close to stock RS are no worse than find a stock MR honestly how many people buy an evo to keep it bone stock period? I would say very few considering the cars target demographic.

I think in the evo's case the evo 8 then 9 RS will be the most collectable based on rarity alone (bonus points for light weight evo 8 model edging out the 9 slightly)
    followed by 05 8 MR (first and only year of evo 8 to get MR treatment and first gen US evo to get ACD) then the evo 9 MR comes after those.

There are definitely pristine low mileage cars to be had you just need the patience to wait for them to pop up I seem them come up on socalevo from time to time.

Liked
    1477 times

??? IX MR superior to GSR--better suspension among other things.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 01-23-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

I completely agree, the mr is a better car minus the transmission. however the two main things that make the mr better (bilsteins and BBS's) can be had for very cheap in the used market. Had I known his original intent was to buy the car as a collectable I would have taken a different approach haha. but the mr suspension alone is worth the additional price imo. However assuming he would buy the car for fun (this is track hq after all) and would probably end up changing both the wheels and suspension those things become negligible

Liked
    2282 times

You might be right. As Miata r-package (same idea as evo RS) is one of more collectible Miata.
    I will keep that in mind.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    4 times

Nice William! I'm always on the look-out for an NSX...good choices!

I'd personally go more Euro
    Z3M coupe
    Z4M coupe
    BMW E39 M5 (or earlier hand made M5's).

I already have an E36 M3 convertible in white with below 67K and pristine condition. I sincerely hope it holds its value...

Liked
    15 times

you just have too much parking space don't ya!!

but yea NSX, EVO 9 MR, and FD is definitely smart buy~

what I currently want:

e30 M3
    NSX
    MR-S
    elise
    F355
    P-car 930 with RWB kit

but yea if you enjoy driving different cars for free.. why not start an used car dealership on the side XD
    Last edited by momofoolio; 01-25-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    5 times

Robert Fuller of RobiSpec has (2) Evo 9's both with low millage completely stock. Asking price for the Silver colored Evo is $17k and a Black one at $16k...

Robi Spec Race Suspensions
    -MattDennison
    Road///RaceEngineering - FederalTires - ROBISPEC /// - OdysseyBatteries - ACT - SPY+optics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2