+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Live video feed from car FPV

Liked
    1 times

Emilio, did you get your stuff in? What can you say about build quality if you have?

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2422 times

Quote Originally Posted by rharris19 View Post
    Emilio, did you get your stuff in? What can you say about build quality if you have?
    Still doing research while adding stuff to cart and realized there were some issues with the hardware listed. Talked to a guy that works with NASA and he suggested a simpler setup:

Verizon 4G USB card
    Cradle Point CTR 35 wireless portable router
    Cerevo Ustream Encoder

He runs a backup battery and hard wires a gopro for power. So the basic idea is ditching the 1.3ghz transmitter that the R/C guys are relying on and just broadcasting it via a cellular data link. This
    assumes the track you are at has decent coverage. Thunderhill has always had bad coverage but and unspecified part paid/bribed someone to put a temporary cel tower on the hill behind T1 for the T25 week. Thus, we Verizon customers had 4 bars of4G coverage everywhere at the facility.
    Last edited by emilio700; 06-18-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

"Shoe"
    Liked
    566 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Still doing research while adding stuff to cart and realized there were some issues with the hardware listed. Talked to a guy that works with NASA and he suggested a simpler setup:

Verizon 4G USB card
    Cerevo Ustream Encoder

He runs a backup battery and hard wires a gopro for power. So the basic idea is ditching the 5.8ghz transmitter that the R/C guys are relying on and just broadcasting it via a cellular data link. This
    assumes the track you are at has decent coverage. Thunderhill has always had bad coverage but and unspecified part paid/bribed someone to put a temporary cel tower on the hill behind T1 for the T25 week. Thus, we Verizon customers had 4 bars of4G coverage everywhere at the facility.
    5.8 isn't good for the application. 1.3 or 900MHZ would be better:

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Ready Made RC

Www.range video.com

Probably need 1.3Ghz and a circularly polarized antenna. 5.8 probably wont have the penetration you need for in a car. 1000mW Tx often get too hot and burn up without good airflow.. Try a 6-800mW. Try the blue beams.

Liked
    1 times

Verizon 4G USB card
    Cerevo Ustream Encoder

He runs a backup battery and hard wires a gopro for power. So the basic idea is ditching the 1.3ghz transmitter that the R/C guys are relying on and just broadcasting it via a cellular data link. This
    I have been doing more research on this is in the past month and you only need the Cradle Point if you are using the USB connected 4G card. If you have a Mifi, then you can skip that step and just use the Mifi and the Cerevo. I have a Cerevo Liveshell (non-HD) on the way that I just got on eBay that should be able to stream decent picture that may be more data freindly. It still is rated around 180Kb/s, but I don't know if that is adjustable in any way. For a 24hour race, I figure I would use about 15Gb if it is at 180Kb/s the whole time. I am going to have a hard time making that much data use at one time affordable.

Video on the unit I am trying:

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2422 times

separate idea but these FPV aerial drones are now commonplace. Complete kit here.

DJI | Phantom 2 Vision

phatom2-vision-overview-remote.png

body_vr.png
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2216 times

separate idea but these FPV aerial drones are now commonplace. Complete kit here.

DJI | Phantom 2 Vision

Attachment 6733

Attachment 6734
    That is a great idea, but I don't think it can keep up with us as we lap WSIR. ;-)
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    708 times

Emilio,
    If you buy a kit, make sure to get spare batteries. Looks pretty cool.

Here's a nice kit from B&H.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision/Case/Battery/2 Propellers B&H Photo Video
    Last edited by Red_5; 02-03-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2