• 1 Post By SteveLevin
  • 1 Post By SteveLevin
  • 2 Post By craZee
  • 3 Post By 2GRX7

Thread: The Lexus IS Sriracha edition

Liked
    2356 times

Default The Lexus IS Sriracha edition

Someone who understands the latest in marketing is going to have to explain this to me. I don't get it. At all.

TORRANCE, Calif. (Nov. 16, 2016) —To celebrate the launch of the 2017 Lexus IS sports sedan, Lexus created a bolder, spicier customized version of the original: the Lexus Sriracha IS. By joining forces with the authentic, beloved sauce made by Huy Fong Foods, Lexus turns up the heat with custom auto detailing, foodie finishes and an arsenal of Sriracha within easy reach for emergency situations. The specially modified vehicle will be on display at The Los Angeles Auto Show from Nov. 18–27 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

“The new Lexus IS is so hot, we decided to make it Sriracha hot, with all the custom details every Sriracha fan will appreciate,” said Brian Smith, Lexus vice president of marketing.

“I feel so humbled to see my Lexus and Sriracha friends’ love for my hot sauce,” said David Tran, CEO and founder of Huy Fong Foods. “The Lexus Sriracha IS is really the perfect mix for a ‘hot’ and ‘spicy car’ – just the way I like it.”

To bring the concept to life, Lexus commissioned the elite crew at West Coast Customs. Lexus also created a light-hearted video for fans to enjoy. “Sriracha In Everything” highlights the vehicle’s custom details and how Sriracha makes everything hotter. It can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/U2mtILDZRgI.

The special features of Sriracha IS:

Official Sriracha IS Paint Job
    Lexus experimented with a range of mixtures and methods—including adding Sriracha sauce to the paint itself—to create the Sriracha Red color, complete with flecks of chili-like flakes. The custom paint job was designed to mimic Sriracha sauce inside the bottle and topped with a clear coating.

Sriracha-Injected Steering Wheel
    A Sriracha-like liquid was cast in resin, then formed into a Lexus steering wheel, complete with a warning for “Hot Handling.”

Sriracha Temperature Settings
    The settings for the seat warmers and AC/heating system have been upgraded to go from cool to Sriracha hot.

Sriracha Driving Mode
    Sriracha mode tunes the powertrain for faster gear changes and more dynamic throttle mapping.

Handcrafted Seats
    Plush leather seats are hand-embroidered with the Huy Fong rooster logo, the Sriracha IS logo and green accents.

Sriracha IS Badging
    Custom badging on the side, rear and door wells identify this model, while illuminated callouts under the passenger and driver’s doors add a level of exclusivity.

Sriracha Green Accents
    Touches of green are a signature element of official Huy Fong Foods products. Bottle-cap green details throughout the car include:
    Spindle grille outline
    Hand-painted calipers
    Interior cabin mood lighting
    Chrome side view mirror accents
    Hand-stitching on the seats
    Fully Stocked Trunk
    The trunk is stocked with 43 bottles of Sriracha for emergency condiment situations.

Key Fob with Remote Emergency Sriracha Activation
    The key fob includes an emergency chili button that dispenses the sauce from a nozzle on the fob, so drivers are always prepared.

Sriracha IS Driving Accessories:

Driving Jacket
    A hot car deserves a hot driving jacket. For this collaboration, Lexus created two one-of-a-kind jackets that feature hand-embroidered images of the Sriracha IS and custom Sriracha IS patches to commemorate this sizzling venture.

Driving Mitts
    Some cars require driving gloves. The handling on the Sriracha IS is so hot, custom oven mitts are necessary.

Liked
    158 times

...it moves through a racetrack like hotsauce through the driver....

Liked
    609 times

Chili flakes in the paint? Somehow I don't think you;ll be seeing those scantily-clad young ladies draped across the hood of THIS car...

Steve
    craZee likes this.

Liked
    2356 times

It's not just me, is it? This has WTF written all over it, right?

Liked
    609 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    It's not just me, is it? This has WTF written all over it, right?
    Indeed, I'd say this DEFINES the term WTF.

Steve
    Bongo likes this.

Liked
    551 times

Hope it has at least 10 cup holders as you would always be thirsty driving this.
    SteveLevin and ucfbrett like this.

Liked
    114 times

Yup This be a classic case of the boss (V.P. Smith) meeting Mr. Tran, EPICALLY hitting it off, and then going back to the marketing department with a "pitch" that's just SO awesome that we HAVE TO make it happen! So now I'm in there with a couple of other, BASED IN REALITY, marketers saying to each other in the ever so communicative "eye language", W. T. F. is HE thinking?

Now Mr. Smith is just getting home thinking, "Hell, I can do this marketing stuff" while sitting on his $8k Padma’s Plantation Loft Sectional (wait, I just saw that SAME couch for 1K at Crate & Barrel) and getting a BJ from his nanny! Just before she does the deed, he says, "Wait wait-just put a little Sriracha on the tip-Fkn' love this stuff!"

Fast forward 6 months and I'm doing interviews for a new job (cause the V.P. and staff got fired) , and the interviewer asks, "Lexus marketing-WAIT- were you a part of the IS Sriracha campaign?"
    SteveLevin, ucfbrett and howang like this.

Liked
    2356 times

^^ Comedy gold.

Liked
    29 times

"there is not such thing as bad publicity"?

Liked
    150 times

It worked because we are talking about it.

Obviously there is nothing exciting of substance at lexus so they have to get gimmicky.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    1720 times

Sriracha is like Miata...I just don't get it. I eat tons of hot stuff. I must have 12 kinds of hot spices for different foods even the same peppers in different grinds including sriracha but I never use it. It sits in my frig and when it gets old I throw it out.

+ Reply to Thread