+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is it just me or is something off.....?

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I have a friend, and i trust his numbers, so i can use him as an example. I dont remember his exact numbers but its somewhere in this range...he has a 1st gen rx7, his car makes less than 240whp and hes ran 1:53s at BRP #13CW.
    Don't forget that Scott's car weighs about 1800lbs

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Don't forget that Scott's car weighs about 1800lbs
    Youre right, his car is light, and that was part of my point. But his car isnt 1800lbs. I dont remember all that well, but his competition weight is around 2300-2400lbs...which is Miata territory. I think Scott is capable of running 1:52s.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    981 times

I didn't want to muddy up Tony's thread about the Miller test day and this thread looks more appropriate for the topic. To follow up, somebody is accusing me of cheating in my ST2 car. He races ITE and AV8SS in Norcal and I hope he doesn't find this site, because he will ruin it. I blocked my vids because I was getting tired of his BS accusations about how my car is making WAY more power than 366 whp. He used to race against the guy who I bought this car from and the previous owner was not a fast driver. So he assumes that since I'm running about 8 seconds faster now with less power that I must be cheating. He even called a guy I know who was at Thunderhill the day I had my car dynoed and ran the 1:50 lap (which isn't even that great) and was asking him about my car. My friend said the guy is convinced I have a switch in my dash that bumps my power up to 440 whp . I guess I must have nitrous in my fire bottle because I don't know how to get a stock ls6 over 385 whp even in my T1 car running race gas and no restrictor! What a douche. It sounds like he's going to run ST2 in Norcal next year which is why he has a sudden interest in my car.
    Last edited by redtopz; 11-02-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    bellwilliam and hakeem like this.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    2282 times

Send him a link on how to protest in NASA CCR

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    I didn't want to muddy up Tony's thread about the Miller test day and this thread looks more appropriate for the topic. To follow up, somebody is accusing me of cheating in my ST2 car. He races ITE and AV8SS in Norcal and I hope he doesn't find this site, because he will ruin it. I blocked my vids because I was getting tired of his BS accusations about how my car is making WAY more power than 366 whp. He used to race against the guy who I bought this car from and the previous owner was not a fast driver. So he assumes that since I'm running about 8 seconds faster now with less power that I must be cheating. He even called a guy I know who was at Thunderhill the day I had my car dynoed and ran the 1:50 lap (which isn't even that great) and was asking him about my car. My friend said the guy is convinced I have a switch in my dash that bumps my power up to 440 whp . I guess I must have nitrous in my fire bottle because I don't know how to get a stock ls6 over 385 whp even in my T1 car running race gas and no restrictor! What a douche. It sounds like he's going to run ST2 in Norcal next year which is why he has a sudden interest in my car.
    robburgoon and redtopz like this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    977 times

I still dream of trading my M3 for an FD every day.
    Funny reading this 10 months on to the day. I make dreams come true.

Liked
    1429 times

Don't take the video down. It looks bad.

But we all know you are running almond based octane booster.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Next time hes at the track slap one of these on his car.

man-cry.jpg
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post

Nope...BigBass Mojo hot sauce!

Liked
    981 times

Funny reading this 10 months on to the day. I make dreams come true.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Did you get rid of the M3?
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    977 times

Yeah, I noticed that. Did you get rid of the M3?
    Gone!

I commented on your video, but you took it down shortly after.

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post

Ha. I have an idea. At the first T-hill event next year, I'm going to run 1:55 laps during warm up and qual. He'll be thinking "I knew he was cheating!". Then during the race I'm going to pull up next to him on the straight and flip up the fan switch on my dash and start running 1:49's.
    Bueller likes this.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    2282 times

Ha. I have an idea. At the first T-hill event next year, I'm going to run 1:55 laps during warm up and qual. He'll be thinking "I knew he was cheating!". Then during the race I'm going to pull up next to him on the straight and flip up the fan switch on my dash and start running 1:49's.
    in my race car, I have a dash switch that says "NOS"..........
    hakeem and redtopz like this.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    981 times

Gone!

I commented on your video, but you took it down shortly after.
    Yeah thanks. It's the kind of situation where this guy is 100% convinced I'm cheating and nothing anybody says will change his mind. We'll just settle it on the track and in impound when he protests. I think part of the problem is I'm the only ST2 car in Norcal. Once he sees that all the ST2 cars as just as fast or faster than me he will discover the truth.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    2282 times

Once he sees that all the ST2 cars as just as fast or faster than me he will discover the truth.
    that everyone cheats ? so he should start cheating too ?
    I bet that's would be his conclusion.....
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    977 times

I'm not sure we'll all be as fast or faster, further validating his thoughts

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    that everyone cheats ? so he should start cheating too ?
    I bet that's would be his conclusion.....
    Yeah, good point. I've seen one car pick up at least 100 hp during a weekend, but that was at a non-sanctioned event (Pacific Coast Championships). And he went from DOT tires to slicks at the same time lol. He went from back runner on Saturday and Sunday morning to winning the race and just smoking us down the straights in our T1 vettes. We all just looked at eachother and shrugged. But in our corvettes with stock ECU's there is no way that I am aware of to change the tune without cycling the power off and hooking up a programmer to the OBD2 port. I think other types of cars can change tunes or boost on the fly. I know my Dodge diesel can do this. That would be hard to police in a power to weight class. Monitoring trap speeds during the race would be the best way I guess.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    977 times

Yeah, good point. I've seen one car pick up at least 100 hp during a weekend, but that was at a non-sanctioned event (Pacific Coast Championships). And he went from DOT tires to slicks at the same time lol. He went from back runner on Saturday and Sunday morning to winning the race and just smoking us down the straights in our T1 vettes. We all just looked at eachother and shrugged. But in our corvettes with stock ECU's there is no way that I am aware of to change the tune without cycling the power off and hooking up a programmer to the OBD2 port. I think other types of cars can change tunes or boost on the fly. I know my Dodge diesel can do this. That would be hard to police in a power to weight class. Monitoring trap speeds during the race would be the best way I guess.
    Yea not much to do about scramble-boost buttons. Can even be wireless in my car with my ECU. Just be suspicious if I have a button marked "radio" with no actual radio hardware

Sir flink
    Liked
    552 times

But in our corvettes with stock ECU's there is no way that I am aware of to change the tune without cycling the power off and hooking up a programmer to the OBD2 port.
    Easy - wire a resistor in parallel (or series?) with the throttle position sensor.

Damn, now I told them.

Liked
    21 times

Bill,

Didn't you run 1;56.xx at Thill over the crows nest shortly after getting that car and before doing anything to it. That right there was 5-6 seconds faster than the previous owner did at Thill in that config.

Liked
    981 times

Yea not much to do about scramble-boost buttons. Can even be wireless in my car with my ECU. Just be suspicious if I have a button marked "radio" with no actual radio hardware
    Nice, maybe I'll have Flink decode your ECU. I think I still have an extra switch on my dash that I can use wirelessly cut your power LOL.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast