+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The incident or how to get rid of the compition. What's your take?

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by 48yota View Post
    Been a while since you have raced with Alfa. Since 2011...
    Better late than never, but still not sure ya'll get to call NASA's ruleset lax when you guys went decades without doorbars until 6 years ago.

Liked
    121 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Better late than never, but still not sure ya'll get to call NASA's ruleset lax when you guys went decades without doorbars until 6 years ago.
    Your right, better late then never. Not to say a rub doesn't happen now and again, but I think the argument here was racing room. Most all incidents are avoidable unless there is mechanical issue that causes contact. I still don't understand the logic behind the 3/4 rule tho, every video I see is "who is at fault", from the videos I see if that rule was removed most all those incidents would go away.

I think that you can agree it is no fun having to bang out fenders at the end of a weekend knowing that youll have to do it again in 2 weeks.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic!

Liked
    1495 times

Eh... I think that about 60% of these racing room incidents would remain, I'm not sure a fair number of the people having contact have enough awareness to distinguish between 3/4 and full width.
    Last edited by robburgoon; 04-27-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    1720 times

I gotta defend AlfaClub. They were my 1st race license and for a while I raced regional SCCA and AlfaClub at the same time. I have been personal witness to AlfaClub's aversion and demand for no-contact especially as the value of the vintage Alfas has risen to amazing heights. I know guys who were highly connected AlfaClub members yet race license revoked for contact issues. No one is above the law in alfaClub. That unyielding rule results in careful gentlemenly racing that is no where near the aggression of a local SCCA race and orders of magnitude lower than the aggression seen at SCCA Runoffs. We have constant contact in SCCA Majors and we need all that protection. In AlfaClub racers seem to have a clearer head, less redmist, and mature outlook to racing for fun.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    121 times

Eh... I think that about 60% of these racing room incidents would remain, I'm not sure a fair number of the people having contact have enough awareness to distinguish between 3/4 and full width.
    You hit the key word "awareness" you've been to our school, we drill awareness into all exercises. One thing to be aggressive, I like you can handle it, the "A" word of someone out there just to be there drives me nuts!
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    2528 times

I agree 1 car width would solve more than 1/2 of the confusion. No one likes to drive or forced off road to pass. hing can go badly if dropping 2 wheels in dirt. 1 car is also lot easier to police, if I have to drop a wheel to avoid contact, it is then you not leaving enough room. 3/4 is next to impossible to call fairly. 1 car is a lot more clear cut. It also make racing more fun. Make it easier to pass is a good thing.
    bawareca and Gian like this.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Liked
    481 times

Ok Finally up loaded this (it's old news now..lol). Here is the full race on Saturday.
    Sorry for the poor video quality. My putter is putting out!

Last edited by Gian; 05-01-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3