+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Impossible: R35 GTR spins out!!!

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Default The Impossible: R35 GTR spins out!!!

Well, not quite. But almost!!!

An R35 GTR at Fuji Speedway slides sideways then snaps back in the opposite direction to avoid hitting the wall. In the process of correcting way too late, combined with dropping the rear tires in the dirt, the driver ALMOST was able to spin out the GTR. But he wasn't good enough to defeat the EBDC and actually complete the spin.

Proof again that the GTR and EBDC makes spins and crashes IMPOSSIBLE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3mppVrzVOE

Liked
    2165 times

If you read the text comments, in paraphrase, it is the Porsche's fault the GT-R spun. The Porsche driver should have been checking his mirrors for those two cars coming up.

I guess he did not leave them enough racing room.

Oli

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    If you read the text comments, in paraphrase, it is the Porsche's fault the GT-R spun. The Porsche driver should have been checking his mirrors for those two cars coming up.

Oli

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post

Oli

He's right you know. After all, he got his 'super license' on GT4

Liked
    1 times

Is it just me or was the GT-Rs line through that turn hideous?
    "The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses" -Mario Andretti

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    You don't need a good line in a GTR with EBDC!!!

It didn't look all too horrendous. Big radius, off a little here and there, but nothing too out of this world for a beginner. It appears like the white Porsche did park it...

Liked
    1429 times

He tank slaps and ends up facing the wrong way briefly. You don't score that as a spin Billy?

Or are we calling that the ultimate drift angle?

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    He tank slaps and ends up facing the wrong way briefly. You don't score that as a spin Billy?

Or are we calling that the ultimate drift angle?
    Dude, it's a GTR! A GTR!!! Listen to yourself talk!

Haha jk. Yea he did use spring energy and perfectly dropping the rear tires only in the dirt to get that much rotation, but the GTR wouldn't allow it. He was a few degrees off of a 180* ~ 165* if you will, and I wouldn't classify that as a spin -in my book at least It could easily be acceptable to call that a spin, but I'm not gonna call it a spin unless it goes past 180*.

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Well, not quite. But almost!!!

An R35 GTR at Fuji Speedway slides sideways then snaps back in the opposite direction to avoid hitting the wall. In the process of correcting way too late, combined with dropping the rear tires in the dirt, the driver ALMOST was able to spin out the GTR. But he wasn't good enough to defeat the EBDC and actually complete the spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3mppVrzVOE

In the video description, driver said

"もう駄目かと思いました。
    前からも横からも後ろにも壁が見えましたよ♪
    トラクションコントロールは当然オフです。"

"It was a close call.
    I saw the wall from the front, the side, and the rear(while losing control).
    Ofcourse, Traction Control was off."

Does EBDC= Traction Control? If so, he had it off.

Liked
    2 times

gtr driver should have looked ahead and drove the inside line and passed the porsche. there was enough space for an elephant to give birth on that turn.

Liked
    1429 times

Dude, it's a GTR! A GTR!!! Listen to yourself talk!

Haha jk. Yea he did use spring energy and perfectly dropping the rear tires only in the dirt to get that much rotation, but the GTR wouldn't allow it. He was a few degrees off of a 180* ~ 165* if you will, and I wouldn't classify that as a spin -in my book at least It could easily be acceptable to call that a spin, but I'm not gonna call it a spin unless it goes past 180*.
    Hehe, fair enough. What do sprint cars do every lap? 120*? 150*?

Liked
    22 times

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post

His line looked really bad to me. Early in to apex early off.

The he tried to save it and was darn lucky the wall did not get him. A little striaght line off the track and back on would have been much safer and less scary.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Not!
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

The Porsche camera car had a worse line with a much earlier turn-in than the GTR, as well as not using all of the track. GTR's line wasn't all that terrible, he over-exaggerated the double-apex right hander a little too much and slightly early but other than that, not too terrible IMO.

He was understeering to track-out when he ran-up on that white Porsche. I'm sure he lifted off the throttle, transferred weight to the front giving it more grip and thus tightened his line and caused him to dart off to the right. He most likely had his eyes too low and not looking far enough ahead to see the parked white Porsche.

Liked
    41 times

Tell that to this person...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtASpzOuVtw

Robert Hall
    #57 Pacific Auto Recycling Center Corvette
    Pacific Auto Recycling Center

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaBlueS2k View Post
    Tell that to this person...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtASpzOuVtw

A crashed GTR with front-end damage doesn't mean that the crash was caused from a spin. EBDC dosn't allow that to happen, but EBDC might let the driver go head-on into a wall or understeer into another car...

Liked
    0 times

Talking

Love the GTR, edfc or not, still going to kick ass with it in the track. Regardless of the fancy computer, it still require some driver skill to make it go fast.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by nsxtasi View Post
    Love the GTR, edfc or not, still going to kick ass with it in the track. Regardless of the fancy computer, it still require some driver skill to make it go fast.
    No it dosn't!

And that's EBDC!!!!

Liked
    165 times

Guys, I think you're all completely missing the epic bad-driver-compensation abilities of the GTR.

This is actually top-secret Nissan test footage. Nissan wanted to put it's EBDC to the most extreme test: a bad Asian driver. If the worst driver in all of Japan could not crash it, then no one could. (Edit: Since my girlfriend was unavailable at the time, they had to settle for merely the worst Asian driver in all of Japan.) After extensive reviewing of the 5 North traffic webcam near UC Irvine, Nissan engineers realized that most traffic accidents in Southern California are caused by Asians; usually driving Nissans. This revelation sent shockwaves through the various corporate levels back in Tokyo. If this information ever became public, they were doomed. And so it came to be: The worst driver in all of Japan was put behind the wheel of a prototype GTR, and was instructed to attempt a Kamikazi maneuver by aiming the car directly at that concrete wall on the inside. Despite magnificently bad driving on the part of the little Asian test gerbil, the GTR's amazing lazer-guided monkey-operated EBDC system sensed the incoming wall, took evasive action, and missed the wall completely! Incredible.

Disclaimer:
    **No Asians were harmed in the making of this film.** The GTR is just that good.
    Last edited by J. Tyler; 09-09-2008 at 11:09 AM.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    Guys, I think you're all completely missing the epic bad-driver-compensation abilities of the GTR.

This is actually top-secret Nissan test footage. Nissan wanted to put it's EBDC to the most extreme test: a bad Asian driver. If the worst driver in all of Japan could not crash it, then no one could. (Edit: Since my girlfriend was unavailable at the time, they had to settle for merely the worst Asian driver in all of Japan.) After extensive reviewing of the 5 North traffic webcam near UC Irvine, Nissan engineers realized that most traffic accidents in Southern California are caused by Asians; usually driving Nissans. This revelation sent shockwaves through the various corporate levels back in Tokyo. If this information ever became public, they were doomed. And so it came to be: The worst driver in all of Japan was put behind the wheel of a prototype GTR, and was instructed to attempt a Kamikazi maneuver by aiming the car directly at that concrete wall on the inside. Despite magnificently bad driving on the part of the little Asian test gerbil, the GTR's amazing lazer-guided monkey-operated EBDC system sensed the incoming wall, took evasive action, and missed the wall completely! Incredible.

Disclaimer:
    **No Asians were harmed in the making of this film.** The GTR is just that good.
    I can't believe you posted that. You were under strict orders not to reveal that information!

I'll add to it to make the background of the test complete: The white Porsche brake-checked the GTR driver unexpectedly (for the test) causing him to swerve to hit the wall. From there, the GTR's EBDC system took over. No spin, no crash, system ready to be put in all Sentras, FX, 370Z, and the rest of the lineup...

Liked
    0 times

Wow, that sounds great. This would help with me driving while sleeping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast