+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm going to Florida...

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Default I'm going to Florida...

...for a vacation

My wife and I will be flying to Florida will be taking a two week RV trip around the state from December 26 to January 8. We will probably not be going any further north than Daytona Beach. Has anybody traveled to Florida much and have any suggestions?
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    546 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post
    ...for a vacation

My wife and I will be flying to Florida will be taking a two week RV trip around the state from December 26 to January 8. We will probably not be going any further north than Daytona Beach. Has anybody traveled to Florida much and have any suggestions?
    Well, I lived in Hollywood for a year (just south of Ft. Lauderdale).

Florida's a long state At the south end you have the Keys, the Everglades, and so forth. A lot of down in the Keys is very pretty, but it can get slow on US1, especially if there's an accident.

Aside from Daytona I'm not sure how much car stuff there is.

If you are into aviation you definitely want to hit the Fantasy of Flight -- Kermit Week's museum -- which is between Orlando and Tampa. He's got some cool stuff there including a Shorts Sunderland and a 1649 Constellation.

The middle of the state -- like around Lake Ochechobee has large bugs, but some of the little town can still be pretty interesting if you are into the Americana thing. (some of them are just plain run down, but some are nice)

Steve

Liked
    1 times

Thanks Steve, I'll definitely check out the Fantasy of Flight museum. I love airplane stuff. We are planning a full day at the Kennedy space center as well. And I think we will touch the Keys, but not go too far down. I don't think my wife will like the big bugs though
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    546 times

Thanks Steve, I'll definitely check out the Fantasy of Flight museum. I love airplane stuff. We are planning a full day at the Kennedy space center as well. And I think we will touch the Keys, but not go too far down. I don't think my wife will like the big bugs though
    Oh yeah, duh...you will LOVE the Cape. That is a truly cool place.

The Keys are really worth going all the way down to Key West...some of the prettiest sections are past Marathon.

If you go farther north, and it's a ways...there's the Museum of Naval Aviation at Pensacola. it's a full day's drive from the Cape, but it *is* pretty good.

Or you could go north into Georgia and South Carolina and get boiled peanuts. Man, I love boiled peanuts.

Steve

Liked
    1 times

I had a bad experience at Kennedy Space Center. Wasn't all that impressed. I would recommend Universal Studios. Tons to offer!

Liked
    1 times

Bad experience? Meaning you threw up in the IMAX film or you were bored with the stuff there?

Liked
    1 times

Bad experience? Meaning you threw up in the IMAX film or you were bored with the stuff there?
    Took 45 minutes to get tickets, then you have to take these busses to get between various places. My Dad was there in the 60s looking at the Saturn V Rocket while it was being developed, he said the exhibits were a lot better back then. Now it's more of a museum. Then to cap it all off, we stopped by the International Space Station exhibit and agreed to get lunch after that. Then a tornado was sighted and the busses were halted. So we were grounded at the only station in the entire place with no food, and no bathrooms. And it was hot. And muggy.

Basically just a pile of things that stacked on top of each other to ruin what could have been a cool experience.

Liked
    1 times

Leaving in 7 hours! Everybody have a happy Holidays and I'll be back on the 8th. See you in 2008!

Liked
    0 times

Moroso motorsports park

One of the better arrive and drive kart tracks. Fast karts and a long track at very good prices. One of the best times my son and I had down there last year. Then walked over and watched some great drag racing into the night.

http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/

Liked
    1 times

Yep, I'm back. I have over 40 gb of photos to sort through. I'll post an update when I have time. Good to be back though!

+ Reply to Thread