+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'll probably be made fun of this but - wheel powder coating?

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Sat in an FR-S today. Surprised at a) how small it is, and b) how low it is. Dealer tried to sell me an automatic for $7k over sticker
    talked to a couple of guys who bought a FR-S yesterday. both bought it for MSRP. and there is no wait time.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    97 times

So what does the FR-S feel like to drive anyway? Similar to another car? How slow is it? How well does it turn?

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    talked to a couple of guys who bought a FR-S yesterday. both bought it for MSRP. and there is no wait time.
    Have absolutely no interest in buying it, just was curious and saw it sitting there. The salesman was certain I wouldn't be able to get it for MSRP.

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by pucsicsal View Post
    So what does the FR-S feel like to drive anyway? Similar to another car? How slow is it? How well does it turn?
    it drives like a Miata, with a little more power.
    rear seat is a joke, kids can't fit in it.
    if you are not used to Subaru engine NVH, you might not like the engine. I used to have a WRX, so it was okay for me. but definitely no rotary or i6 smooth.
    handling is same if not better than a Miata.

and for the argument about how fast it goes around #13. I am willing to bet bone stock, it is a 2:06 car in winter.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2282 times

Have absolutely no interest in buying it, just was curious and saw it sitting there. The salesman was certain I wouldn't be able to get it for MSRP.
    from what I hear, FR-S is a MSRP car and available. BRZ is 15 weeks+, and MSRP+
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    72 times

I am sure there are exceptions to the rule on this, but I know a good number of people on waitlists right now for the FR-S. Some random dealers may have unspoken for units, but that has got to be a rarity. Longo gets more cars than anyone in the country, and this still have a wait list.

If you seriously want one and find they aren't readily available by searching around, I seriously suggest the rep who sold me mine at Longo. An enthusiast who knows the car and the sales process. Won't waste your time, and will get you what you want at MSRP. pm if you want his info.
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    72 times

I am sure there are exceptions to the rule on this, but I know a good number of people on waitlists right now for the FR-S. Some random dealers may have unspoken for units in funny colors, but that has got to be a rarity. (i think) Longo gets more cars than anyone in the country, and this still have a wait list.

If you seriously want one and find they aren't readily available by searching around, I seriously suggest the rep who sold me mine at Longo. An enthusiast who knows the car and the sales process. Won't waste your time, and will get you what you want at MSRP. pm if you want his info.

oh-
    I took a bunch of photos with the nose off to figure out mounts for oil coolers and splitters...
    Under the skin | FEcompetition
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    977 times

I refuse to ever pay over sticker on a car. When we bought our Volt, most dealers were charging $10-20k over. Some internet research and a trip to Fontana later and the Volt was in hand for MSRP and a $3k discount from Chevy. Go figure.

Liked
    1477 times

Sat in an FR-S today. Surprised at a) how small it is, and b) how low it is. Dealer tried to sell me an automatic for $7k over sticker
    You think that's bad . . . several weeks ago I saw one of the early Fiat 500 Abarths on sale at the dealership on Van Nuys blvd. for about $10K over. What are they thinking?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2