View Poll Results: If you think Time Trials are Racing, have you ever Raced W2W?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 47.62%
  • No

11 52.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If you think Time Trials are Racing, have you ever Raced W2W?

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    George

... Very "Formula 1" names huh?

At least Jeff Tyler has two first names - like Ricky Bobby!!!

Unless you have the contacts or budget to put him in Formula Pro Mazda, F3000, Formula BMW, F2000, F3000, etc... Get him into some sort of car after a few years in karts. You can now race at <16years of age. If that was the rule 6 years ago, I would have been out of karts and into cars sooner.

Hmmmm? I think I unintentionally hit a nerve. Never take half my dumb tongue-in-cheek writings seriously.

As far as car racing goes, I will support Kristjan in whatever he wants to do. I don't know that I will encourage him to race for anything more than fun and $25 trophies. I think I would rather see him have some sort of other gainful career and race and ride for fun rather than work.

In my motorcycle racing I was really really good, but I also realized I was just outside the money. The big money only goes to a very select of the ultra-talented at the very top. Being just outside the top 10 does not get you much in any motorsport from what I can see. Being in the top three pays big dividends, at least for awhile, but those are small odds to get there. That is why I am changing my name to Nigel Kiki Aryton Shumacher-Lewis.

To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1430 times

A 1.6L crate motor - $1200 and never have to touch it.
    Why would you want to buy a crummy quality Korean crate motor? I heard the junkyards GIVE away 1.6L engines...

I see one with 50K for $520, and that's probably a crappy deal.

The only catch with racing spec miata is that doing collision repair on monocoque cars with bodies sucks.
    Last edited by robburgoon; 05-21-2009 at 08:04 PM.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    566 times

Oli - can't tell sarcasm/jokes thru text. Don't worry I did mean what I said by if he wants to race cars, for fun or whatnot, it would probably be cheaper/better for him (from my experience) to get into cars sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Why would you want to buy a crummy quality Korean crate motor? I heard the junkyards GIVE away 1.6L engines...

I see one with 50K for $520, and that's probably a crappy deal.

The only catch with racing spec miata is that doing collision repair on monocoque cars with bodies sucks.
    Crappy crate korean motor? -Crate motor, brand new from Mazda....

Liked
    1430 times

Oli - can't tell sarcasm/jokes thru text. Don't worry I did mean what I said by if he wants to race cars, for fun or whatnot, it would probably be cheaper/better for him (from my experience) to get into cars sooner than later.

Crappy crate korean motor? -Crate motor, brand new from Mazda....
    From what I hear, Mazda has been outsourcing the crate engines and the quality is poor. Supposedly if you buy a crate engine, you want to pull the head off and have a look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3