Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I thought all you trackHQ guys were buddies?

"Shoe"
    Liked
    567 times

Quote Originally Posted by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong View Post
    There's a culture to it as William said and many ppl do take it very seriously, they have teams in different areas, even back home in HongKong, its just not so popular in the US. Basically u can think of NASCAR originated from drag race; then road course racing would be originated from racing on twisties. And US is not a big fan of road course racing, not even now.
    Actually NASCAR originated from the moonshiners hopping up their cars to outrun the cops during prohibition.

Wohoo White Lightnin'!!!

Liked
    165 times

Some gems from Bimmerforums:

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyzuko View Post
    This guy really thinks he is a HPDE Champion....
    Quote Originally Posted by 325racer View Post
    But he's so much faster than those Civics!!!!

On the track I can pretty much guarantee that if the guy in the mustang saw all the frantic waving, he was BLOCKING. I know I would be if some a$$hat was waving like that, I'd probably have put him in the dirt when he tried to make the pass over magic mt.

If he worried about where he was on the track, he would have been faster and been able to get by the Mustang pretty easily, but he wasn't even online to start with.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWParkingOnly View Post
    "I better pass this Mustang on my warm-up lap"
    (paraphrased)
    Seriously?!?! :rolleyes

Regardless, leave the ego at home please - he's not god's gift to motorsports (that requires being humble enough to learn from each situation at a minimum and this guy doesn't have that) and certainly is not safety considerate. And based on his line, etc, he won't have a paid ride anytime in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnymac View Post
    It's pretty silly to get that worked up when nothing is at stake. All he had to do was pull into the pits and find a gap and rejoin the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-N-Austin View Post
    both drivers now look like idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitro View Post
    no sh!t, he's the kind of punk i worry about when my wife and kids are on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanL View Post
    It's pretty rare that I wish harm on other people, but he's absolutely on the short list for that sort of crap. It's one thing to be a complete loser/asshat on track... that I can and have dealt with, but on public roads?? One of the few people who really needs to learn what an airbag in the face feels like... as long as no one else is hurt along with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Lang View Post
    I can think of few worse places than on the race track for you to allow your emotions to get the better of you like that.

Based on the guys street videos I feel like there's some innocent person(s) out there right now with a ticking clock on their life, and they don't even know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebrainz101 View Post
    Charles, are you completely serious? What Jaku did in those videos is absolutely retarded. Anybody who endorses flying around blind bends 2 wide on the wrong side of the road shouldn't breed, end of story. Many people did get their start by driving like idiots, but they were lucky enough to get into racing, and smart enough (I hope) to not do it any more. That's why I think Jaku is a moron, he has access to a track yet he still likes to endanger the public by driving like he does in those "touge" videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by tammer View Post

Jaku needs a sign.

-tammer

**Edit: Several of those quotes are from professional drivers, FYI.

Liked
    7 times

^ wow
    it seems he has no regard for his life nor others.

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

lame is all i can say

Liked
    143 times

People on other forums are looking at that street racing video and getting the idea that he is just as reckless on the track.

Can't really blame them.

Liked
    10 times

Manly is gonna delete posts and lock this thread when he sees it, so I don't feel like anymore explaination or smack talk on this topic is necessary or fun!

If anyone feels like more attacking, please do so before Manly closes the thread!

Liked
    143 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
    Manly is gonna delete posts and lock this thread when he sees it, so I don't feel like anymore explaination or smack talk on this topic is necessary or fun!

If anyone feels like more attacking, please do so before Manly closes the thread!
    Why don't you just remove the canyon racing videos from Youtube? Manly can keep closing the threads on this forum but what about all the other forums. People were just laughing at the s2000 and mustang video but this whole thing got out of hand when people saw the video of your off track antics.

If you want to drive crazy and do illegal thing in the canyons at least be intellegent and keep the videos off the net. You know it's wrong and you know its illegal.

I'm not attacking you. Take it as friendly advice from a former S2000 owner.
    Last edited by Silversprint; 11-25-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Liked
    0 times

Being a long time member of this forum, I remember Jaku posting great info as long as I have been here. So much respect is given to all of the input he has given. I have never met him personally so I am not judging his character as friends of mine are also friends of his.

On the other hand, STAY IN YOUR ****ING LANE! I have been riding motorcycles longer than I have been driving cars and have lost people I know. I only ride about 40-50% in the canyons because of safety reasons and assholes like this. How would you feel if you killed or paralyzed someone so you can be king of turnbull?
    Last edited by JC3D; 11-25-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    0 times

jaku, seriously that crap is dangerous. Why even bother on the street anymore when it takes about .01% as much skill as being on the track?

Liked
    1477 times

jaku's a clown with a death wish (jaku - please take that as a compliment). Funny, but apparently dangerous as well.

It's easy for the guys on the BMW forum to bash him. They are used to HPDE days where they can't go out on track without an instructor in their car for like 10 track days. If they ever spin they are required to commit hare kire (or its German equivalent).
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 11-25-2008 at 12:39 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

i dont care
    Liked
    5 times

ooooooooo.... drama in the hen house.....
    driving cars n stuff....

Liked
    367 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    jaku's a clown with a death wish. Funny, but apparently dangerous as well.

It's easy for the guys on the BMW forum to bash him. They are used to HPDE days where they can't go out on track without an instructor in their car for like 10 track days. If they ever spin they are required to commit hare kire (or its German equivalent).
    hahaha c'mon Richard be nice
    Do you understand?

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Jaku's videos is one thing, someone's shady tactic to digging and using jakus videos to "gain sympathy" or "resonance" for the sake of bashing Jaku together is another issue. And now I am addressing the latter.
    Last edited by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong; 11-25-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Liked
    1430 times

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanL
    One of the few people who really needs to learn what an airbag in the face feels like... as long as no one else is hurt along with him.
    I was fortunate enough to get the airbag in the face when I really needed it. A numb bleeding face can be an effective shortcut to adding maturity. It was extremely lucky that nobody in either car got hurt.

Liked
    977 times

Jaku's videos is one thing, someone's shady tactic to digging and using jakus videos to "gain sympathy" or "resonance" for the sake of bashing Jaku together is another issue. And now I am addressing the latter.
    Charles, I am sure we have all done stupid **** on the streets at some stage. You will not gain much sympathy from anyone either here or on other forums by attempting to defend that kind of street racing with the argument of not being able to afford real racing, or that there is a culture for it, or that it's very serious, or that he's a skilled driver and knows what he's doing, or blah blah blah.

I agree with you on the other part though, Billy seems to have gone a little over the top on how many forums this has now appeared on

"Shoe"
    Liked
    567 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    I agree with you on the other part though, Billy seems to have gone a little over the top on how many forums this has now appeared on
    Probably. I just posted it in an area where it would get a lot of feedback. Hopefully this unanamous feedback drove home that his on-track behavior isn't appropriate. Someone else found posted that he had street-racing videos on his youtube profile. I clicked on his profile username and saw some really unacceptable and dangerous behavior. To me it seemed like a slipperly slope of forum behavior -> track behavior -> street behavior (and a pattern of poor behavior).

I would say it was alittle immature to post them, but hopefully it'll drive home the point that he shouldn't be acting like that on the track or especially the street, since Jaku has only recieved support from his friends on TrackHQ that this kind of behavior is acceptable.

Liked
    0 times

Charles your supposition is ridiculous. This isn't about billy or whoever posting videos to gang up on Jaku and gain sympathy. Its the fact that Jaku's got videos of him racing on the street crossing double yellows in the mountains and being reckless. Add to that his antics on the track with the mustang and it points to an individual who clearly has an ego that is writing checks his body, or someone elses body, won't be able to cash.

I used to ride my motorcycle in the same mountains those videos are in. I know them well. There are people riding bikes, walking their dogs and driving on those street. Its extremely dangerous to be driving that fast and recklessly hoping your horn serves as sufficient warning.

Another thing I don't understand is that if Jaku posts those videos up on the internet, it'd be easy for law enforcement to cross reference his posts to the myriad of track day posts he participates in. All they'd have to do is talk to one of those organizers and then they'd all his information, could show up at his door and crush his car thanks to Cali's anti-street racing rules.

Makes no sense to me.

Liked
    0 times

Default Lotsa great responses

Jaku,

I hope you're paying attention to the widespread criticism you're receiving.

As Randy Pausch said:
    Get a feedback loop and listen to it. Your feedback loop can be this dorky spreadsheet thing I did, or it can just be one great man who tells you what you need to hear. The hard part is the listening to it.
    When you see yourself doing something badly and nobodyís bothering to tell you anymore, thatís a very bad place to be. Your critics are your ones telling you they still love you and care.
    I was mortified watching the Viper drive over the cliff. Or the STI bouncing off the canyon wall. Or how about the M3 driver who rolled his car and his best friend died?

That's why I never bother to preach to canyon drivers / street racers anymore. The lesson will never be learned no matter how many injuries or deaths occur.

Liked
    1477 times

When I was a teenager, my aunt and uncle were killed on a mountain road in France. That orphaned my cousin, who was a very sweet girl. I don't know what the cause was, just that they were run off the road, crashed and died.

These things really can happen.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast