+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: I got a new C7 Z06. Wow! Here is my first time with it on track!!!

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Interesting. I went back to look at this video. After three weeks, about 200,000 views and 500+ comments the video is now private.
    Get a life . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    It's a double-edged sword. If you don't want to see any idiots, then go to the extremely controlled SCCA, BMWCCA, PCA track days and see how you like that structure.
    The SCCA "Track Night" at AMP was a cluster****.

Look, investing your money in an HPDE should include the same rigor as buying tires for it. I have only tracked with one particular HPDE organization here because I know the owner, I know the group is policed well and swiftly, the effort to maintain safety and eliminate egos is high, and I enjoy the company of the other drivers. Yahoos like this assclown are the exception, not the norm. It is how the HPDE organizer handles them that makes the difference.
    Yer pal,
    Force

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2391 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Remember Rocky and Bullwinkle...at the next SV event...."I learned something important about my driving" or "I'm the awesome slayer of GT3's?"
    I'm going with #2. Haters gonna hate....*****es.

Looking forward to following this chap closely when I get the K20 motor in one of my Miatas in the next few months.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1882 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Looking forward to following this chap TOO closely when I get the K20 motor in one of my Miatas in the next few months.
    Fixed, you're welcome

Liked
    41 times
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    1486 times

Looking forward to the K20 motor in one of my Miatas in the next few months.
    Power to weight will be close to my Vette SCCA T2 car lots of ballast and restrictor...so... sorry in advance for holding you up...

Liked
    641 times

.... when I get the K20 motor in one of my Miatas in the next few months.
    You can stay loyal and put one of these Skyactiv diesel prototypes-amazing power and reliability

Liked
    111 times

when I get the K20 motor in one of my Miatas in the next few months.
    Thatīs something I want to see. Are you going custom or kmiata kit?
    Less powah is better

Liked
    2391 times

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring View Post
    Thatīs something I want to see. Are you going custom or kmiata kit?
    Basis is a Kmiata kit but were building our own oiling system and passenger side exhaust system. My old PTC Miata did 1:51's at ACS with 170whp on SM6 so the NA should be in the same neighborhood with 250whp or so and Ruval-S
    Johnny_Se7en likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1486 times

In miata world does it pay to do these kinds of mods? One day you will tire of that car and sell it. In vette world we get guys taking a C5Z putting in thousands of unreliable dollars to get C6Z speeds. Then they can't sell the C5 because it is too modded out when the easy quick reliable solution was to sell the C5 and buy a C6, drive the beggezers out of it and never breakdown.

Liked
    1477 times

Carl -

And which generation Z06 do you race?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1429 times

In miata world does it pay to do these kinds of mods? One day you will tire of that car and sell it. In vette world we get guys taking a C5Z putting in thousands of unreliable dollars to get C6Z speeds. Then they can't sell the C5 because it is too modded out when the easy quick reliable solution was to sell the C5 and buy a C6, drive the beggezers out of it and never breakdown.
    I guess the rotrex is too difficult to keep cool? I thought that was the preferred way to make that power in miatas.

Liked
    188 times

From what I've gathered, Emilio has been there and done that with the Miatas... and is now finding new ways to do things that haven't really been done yet.

Hence their take on the K swap?

Liked
    2391 times

Carl, you ask these questions as if neither of us have BTDT. I'm building this car because, wait for it... I want to.

Logic and race cars only mix well when you are chasing national championships for financial gain or marketing purposes. Otherwise, it's all quite irrational.

That all said, I'm pretty sure a Rotrex boosted Miata would fare well in ST2. If I cared.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1429 times

Carl, you ask these questions as if neither of us have BTDT. I'm building this car because, wait for it... I want to.

Logic and race cars only mix well when you are chasing national championships for financial gain or marketing purposes. Otherwise, it's all quite irrational.

That all said, I'm pretty sure a Rotrex boosted Miata would fare well in ST2. If I cared.
    There's different degrees of irrational, haha. I just went "oof" when I saw the price on kmiata's site.

The kmiata track video sure looked great though.

Liked
    2391 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    There's different degrees of irrational, haha. I just went "oof" when I saw the price on kmiata's site.

The kmiata track video sure looked great though.
    Base kit isn't cheap. Mine is, ugh, probably double that with a built engine and a bunch of custom stuff. Had I to do it over, I would have opted for a low mileage K24 (TSX engine) and left it stock instead of chasing a 9000rpm redline with a K20, which end up being a rabbit hole.

If you want reliable, big N/A power and light weight, a junkyard K24 swap is a good idea. You end up with just under 10lbs/hp for about $10k (plus a car). That's pretty cool when you compare to an S2000, C5Z or other HPDE project cars.
    bawareca likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    641 times

Had I to do it over, I would have opted for a low mileage K24 (TSX engine) and left it stock instead of chasing a 9000rpm redline with a K20, which end up being a rabbit hole.
    It's a slippery slope, eeh

Kam
    Liked
    87 times

Base kit isn't cheap. Mine is, ugh, probably double that with a built engine and a bunch of custom stuff. Had I to do it over, I would have opted for a low mileage K24 (TSX engine) and left it stock instead of chasing a 9000rpm redline with a K20, which end up being a rabbit hole.
    I really like the idea of the K20/K24.

I've been doing a ton of research (only half of which, is sticking) to get to a reliable 500whp boosted setup and doing it for under $8K. Not sure how doable it is though.
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Liked
    2391 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    I really like the idea of the K20/K24.

I've been doing a ton of research (only half of which, is sticking) to get to a reliable 500whp boosted setup and doing it for under $8K. Not sure how doable it is though.
    You serious? That's never gonna happen unless you drive like an old lady, never track it, build/tune/design/fabricate everything yourself and even then it would be ghetto.

I mean not even close.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Kam
    Liked
    87 times

You serious? That's never gonna happen unless you drive like an old lady, never track it, build/tune/design/fabricate everything yourself and even then it would be ghetto.

I mean not even close.
    It can be done... mind you, the K swap wouldn't be for a Miata. The car is already boosted, so I have a proper fuel pump/regulator, oil cooling, and intercooler, so that offsets SOME cost.

I think getting the 500whp is doable for under $8K... just the reliably part is tricky.
    There are a handful of guys running 500whp daily setups in their civics and such, without doing internals.

The worst part for me is getting the ECU to talk to the chassis wiring, axles, and shift linkage. I'm hopeful, even if slightly delusional
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast