+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jack Olsen

Thread: I drove WSIR CCW today. [GT6 General]

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Default I drove WSIR CCW today. [GT6 General]

And if you thought turn 9 was scary CW, that's nothing compared to CCW. You just sort of slide into the increasing radius corner at 100mph + hope everything goes OK.

This is the official Gran Turismo 6 thread! Where else are you going to drive WSIR CCW? Interestingly, there are no invisible walls on that track. You can drive anywhere, through the access roads, to the infamous ditch of turn 9. Anywhere. And for anyone wondering, that little dip at the apex of corner 9 made it intact into the game. I actually flipped my car there somehow... the physics engine needs some work.

The only thing I can contribute is that the in-game equivalent of the Hankook RS3 seems to be somewhere between Comfort "Soft" and Sports "Hard." I use sports hard and pretend it's a nice fresh set of R-S3s

My in game times at Streets of Willow very closely reflect my real life times; however, the game does nothing to simulate the challenge of keeping grip on off camber corners, or the bounce bounce coming out of the skid pad. Overall, I am impressed!

Gamertag: USDseth
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    375 times

I always thought 6 to 5 would be the tricky part.

Driving the track CCW was the one thing that made me think about getting the game. But the 'no Porsches' problem shut the idea down. If you're able to generate any videos of the big track, please post them here.

I'm kind of hoping that by the point I'm too old (or too poor) to keep driving out there, the technology will be good enough that I can do it in the comfort of my home.

Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    I always thought 6 to 5 would be the tricky part.

Driving the track CCW was the one thing that made me think about getting the game. But the 'no Porsches' problem shut the idea down. If you're able to generate any videos of the big track, please post them here.

I'm kind of hoping that by the point I'm too old (or too poor) to keep driving out there, the technology will be good enough that I can do it in the comfort of my home.
    I do not have any means of capturing the video through HDMI. It requires hardware that I don't have. I could just record it with my cell phone.

7 to 6 is challenging because sudden loss of load on the tires. 6 to 5 is tricky because it's a much slower corner than it appears. I still haven't quite nailed it. The track is fun ccw, but dangerous. That's probably why they don't run it that way.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    299 times

Can you do any course backwards? Nurburgring backwards would be a mindf*ck. lol.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    97 times

I'm still curious what a modern F1 car could do on WSIR CW. Can you drive that lol?

Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by pucsicsal View Post
    I'm still curious what a modern F1 car could do on WSIR CW. Can you drive that lol?
    Sadly, there are no modern F1 cars in the game. They removed the Ferrari F1s.

EDIT: Also, GT6 is HORRIBLE at simulating aero drag. According to GT6, my MR2 can do WSIR at 1:30, and reach speeds exceeding 120 mph. That's not the case in real life. Any WSIR times put down will be unrealistically fast as a result.

On the other hand, I found that my times at Streets of Willow closely reflect real life. I'm better in real life.
    Last edited by SDSUsnowboards; 12-12-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    70 times

I could not drive any of the formula 1 cars in GT5. they were simply too responsive lol
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

+ Reply to Thread