+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I Crashed My Car on Track and File an Insurance Claim....

Liked
    2343 times

Quote Originally Posted by eyeballs View Post
    ...it stated that any incident on a closed course would not be covered.
    It is not a closed course. The course was open today and I drove on it. The interpretation goes against the writer of the contract. ;-)
    bawareca likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    609 times

I have Progressive for my motorhome insurance and I know it has a "no track" clause (I forget the exact terminology since I was actually parsing it for a different reason -- not planning on tracking the RV!) in it that seemed pretty exception proof.

Steve

Liked
    23 times

I do believe I saw the the word race track or road course in my all-state policy. I remember the wording being pretty good. A fun lap on an autocross course would still have been excluded.
    '09 rx8 sport

Liked
    150 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    I have Progressive for my motorhome insurance and I know it has a "no track" clause (I forget the exact terminology since I was actually parsing it for a different reason -- not planning on tracking the RV!) in it that seemed pretty exception proof.

Steve
    Race track na also mean being on the premises of a race track. Would hate to see an rv catch fire in the pits and not be covered.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    1720 times

The car cost is insignificant. The real issue is personal and vicarious liability for which only the SCCA states in the GCR that participants are additional insureds. I do not know if that additional insureds clause exists in any other promoter's policy. The Ferrari following the instruction of the pit marshall entered the track and was found liable $90,000 in the carrera GT fontana fatality. He broke no rules but he was there. There is no liability coverage from homeowner's policy, homeowner's excess liability policy, or personal excess liability policy. Read your fine print.

$4.5 million awarded in Porsche Carrera GT case
    JulioG likes this.

Liked
    36 times

Wait, so most health insurance will not cover you if injured on track?

Also, thanks for the tip on life insurance. Is there some kind of racing clause in the application?
    1990 S2 SuperMiata

Liked
    609 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
    Race track na also mean being on the premises of a race track. Would hate to see an rv catch fire in the pits and not be covered.
    I went back and looked, it says ...

"any riding activity conducted on a permanent or temporary racetrack, race-course, or during any closed course event"

so I'm okay with it. I'll just make sure not to park in the hot pits just for double certainty.

I will admit that many years ago during a Buttonwillow test day where it was absolutely bucketing rain and it looked like no one was going to show up there was a brief discussion about setting the motorhome lap record, but then someone actually showed up that was crazy enough to drive around at speed and it didn't happen.

That was with a much shorter motorhome though; my current 252" wheelbase would probably suck at Star Mazda

Steve
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    59 times

stated that any incident on a closed course would not be covered.
    I've seen this and "any place used to host racing events." But that might exclude normals who crash in a parking lot used to host auto-x events. (?)

Liked
    59 times

I do believe I saw the the word race track or road course in my all-state policy. I remember the wording being pretty good. A fun lap on an autocross course would still have been excluded.
    What he said

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2