+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: how many cars have you totaled ? how many crashes

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    per Williams standards, 1 crash per 180 track days. Maybe 130 races or so.

I'm going to deliberately leave out the rollover and many crashes in the oval car at ages 5-7...
    The one thing about driving a sprint car is, no matter how many times you roll. You never get used to it. lol

For me. I did 3 motorcycle races and totaled 1 bike. 2 races before I started Autocrossing 15 years with 3 of those years doing 36 Events a year. Can't count how many track days but I'm sure it's over 300 plus all the testing days. 0 cars totaled.

4 seasons of dirt track running 3 diffrent classes. at lest 14, as you would call, totaled.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    The one thing about driving a sprint car is, no matter how many times you roll. You never get used to it. lol

For me. I did 3 motorcycle races and totaled 1 bike. 2 races before I started Autocrossing 15 years with 3 of those years doing 36 Events a year. Can't count how many track days but I'm sure it's over 300 plus all the testing days. 0 cars totaled.

4 seasons of dirt track running 3 diffrent classes. at lest 14, as you would call, totaled.

so motorcycle 1/3
    sprint car 14/50
    car 0/300

so take away is we dont need safety equipment ?
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    so motorcycle 1/3
    sprint car 14/50
    car 0/300

so take away is we dont need safety equipment ?
    Well I'll keep it just incase...lol

But I did forget 1 crash. Autocrossing, I took off a fender flair. It was one big ass cone and I didn't even knock it over...Dam thing!

Liked
    1477 times

per Williams standards, 1 crash per 180 track days. Maybe 130 races or so.
    It is obvious you were not a math major . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    It is obvious you were not a math major . . .
    It's obvious you're suffering from the cranks. I'm too lazy to add up the total race count.

Liked
    140 times

Do demo derby's count? If so I have done about 10 of the 10 I was able to re-use the car a couple of times....

12Jul05

Liked
    1477 times

It's obvious you're suffering from the cranks. I'm too lazy to add up the total race count.
    But you are easily off by a factor of 10. For a while you were crashing almost every race weekend.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by granth View Post
    Do demo derby's count? If so I have done about 10 of the 10 I was able to re-use the car a couple of times....

12Jul05
    I think you get a pass on that one. Since it is the intent of the event.... lol

Liked
    742 times

Track cars only.

If you total someone else's track car, that count as 2

Or if you were like Emilio that scared a spec miata to crash into a Mustang. that count as 1/2
    +2 for me.

Wrecked my father's prod. GTI at a club rally primer at Sno*Drift. Hooked a rut on a long, left sweep, understeered and drifted off nose first into a ditch. I still remember the steering going slack as the wheels left the surface. Car flipped end-over 2 or 3x. Me and co-driver (dad) were OK. I was severely dazed. Dad was telling me to get out, he was already outside the car. I didn't realize I was upside down when I released the belts and fell on my head. I remember he was laughing at me while I was shaking off the cobwebs. Fortunately, he wasn't upset. He was building another car and that GTI was a well-worn battle wagon.

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    But you are easily off by a factor of 10. For a while you were crashing almost every race weekend.
    William said a crash is defined as two panels needing replacement. That's only one incident. The only other hard one only trashed a quarterpanel and suspension bits.

Where's your proof council?

Liked
    1477 times

"council" sp

By that definition I have only had one crash on track ever. William's standard is a bit loose.

Liked
    742 times

If you want to count street, I have totaled 3 cars. Last one was in '96. I also wrecked one motorcycle. I should get extra credit for crashing into the back of a police car.

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    If you want to count street, I have totaled 3 cars. Last one was in '96. I also wrecked one motorcycle. I should get extra credit for crashing into the back of a police car.
    you got to elaborate, I burst out laughing
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    70 times

Everyone should post pictures.
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Liked
    165 times

I did stuff a Skippy car into the T1 outside wall at Sebring. This was my second time ever on a track in a car, I was 17 years old with only karting experience up until then. Completed a full 360 just in time to go head-on into the tire wall at maybe 30mph. Classic trail-braking spin on entry (maybe 100mph there). A good square hit and thankfully only bumper/wing damage to the Formula Dodge.

Other than that, nothing.

Liked
    2241 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    I did stuff a Skippy car into the T1 outside wall at Sebring. This was my second time ever on a track in a car, I was 17 years old with only karting experience up until then. Completed a full 360 just in time to go head-on into the tire wall at maybe 30mph. Classic trail-braking spin on entry (maybe 100mph there). A good square hit and thankfully only bumper/wing damage to the Formula Dodge.

Other than that, nothing.

You're lucky. That's a fast corner.

Liked
    2241 times

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
    Everyone should post pictures.
    In the words of Bartleby the Scribner, "I would prefer not to."

Liked
    140 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I think you get a pass on that one. Since it is the intent of the event.... lol
    C'mon it still does not hurt any less even when you know it's going to happen....

Liked
    742 times

you got to elaborate, I burst out laughing
    Out cruising around in my mom's Cutlass, now my car, acting quite the part of a badass. I was ripping down a 5 lane road (center lane is for left turns), weaving through traffic and driving a bit too fast. Moved into the left lane, car immediately in front of me swerved right because directly in front of him was a police car braking HARD to flip a ***** and go after a car speeding in the oncoming lanes.

Brakes locked, BOOM. I didn't realize it was a police car until I looked up after the abrupt stop, his trunk popped open on impact. I believe I *may* have simultaneously filled my pants with excrement when I noticed the lights on the roof of his car.

Brand new police car. Gave the cop my paperwork, he takes most of the blame but gives me an infraction for following too close, was really good-natured. I thought it was a very light punishment. More damage to his car than mine. Thank you Tom Cruise for big, heavy, chromed, Detroit bumpers.

I immediately go home, confess my sins to my dad. He laughs hysterically for 5-10 minutes. "Let's not tell your mother about this.".

Fine by me!

Fast forward a week or so later, we all sit down for dinner, my mom starts in with, "So I ran in to Officer Breyton today, which is funny because he says you ran in to HIM last week in my car!"

Turns out my mom was his realtor and was showing him some new properties. He recognized my mom's name on the vehicle paperwork but didn't share that with me, which explains the leniency.

Dad, typically stoic, starts snickering. Fortunately, before I could say anything, he took the blame for not telling her sooner. My mother is 5'2" with the temper of a rabid honey badger. We were BOTH in the doghouse for quite a while over that one.

Liked
    2241 times

^^ Now that's a high-quality anecdote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2