• 1 Post By Pyr0monk3y
  • 1 Post By SDSUsnowboards
  • 2 Post By Olitho
  • 2 Post By fatbillybob

Thread: How cool is our racing comuity.

Liked
    464 times

Default How cool is our racing comuity.

I've had some amazing people help me out when racing. This last weekend was a one of those times. I had just (almost) finished re-doing the front of my car including bigger brakes. So off I went to do some testing at the Streets with NASA. Well after having someone help me bleed the brakes. I was loading the car and found the peddle went to the floor. Out of time, I figured I could find someone at the track to help.

As I pulled in to the entrance to WillowSprings, I passed by Bobby Cee's place. home. I saw the lights were still on. So thought I'd stop by and say hello. I had sold Bobby some parts way back when, for his Rx7s he uses for his school. Booby was there, We talked for awhile about racing then and now. How the driving school was going and instructing stories. When it came around to what I was doing there. I told him about my mishap in bleeding the brakes. With out a thought. Bobby said, Well lets take care of it right now. Open his shop up. Let me use the rack and jumped in the car to pump the peddle.

Needless to say, I was very grateful. He told me he would be there the next day and if I needed anything just call. Sure enough. With the heat the brakes were acting a little funny after the first session. Being that I had to pump the peddle after the car sat more then a month. I was thinking I may need a Master or it just needed to be bled again. Knowing the Autozone does not stock a 1980 rx7 master. Fearing the worst, I called my friend Bobby. He told me he would be there in 10 min. Showed up with his mechanic.

I had the car on jack stands but was helping another racer with his bakes and lose suspension bolt in the upper control arm. Bobby told me he didn't have a master, but would try bleeding the brakes for me. Before I knew it Bobby and Mike were working on my car, diagnosing the problem. Finding more air in the system. They were done in no time and was looking to find the bolts needed for the other racers car.

I could not believe someone could be so kind and helpful. Bobby went way beyond just helping out and never ask a dime even when I tried to give him some cash.. His hospitality and helpfulness was amazing and was more appreciated then he knows. It made the weekend a success.

Thank you Bobby!
    Olitho, 2GRX7, ucfbrett and 6 others like this.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    12 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    Booby
    ucfbrett likes this.

Liked
    2165 times

That is an awesome story!
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    That is an awesome story!
    It's almost as cool as the one time you generously lent me your fire extinguisher at ACS when I found a boiling pool of gasoline surrounding my fuel rail and dripping down to my super heated header. Luckily, I didn't need the extinguisher.
    Gian likes this.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    It's almost as cool as the one time you generously lent me your fire extinguisher at ACS when I found a boiling pool of gasoline surrounding my fuel rail and dripping down to my super heated header. Luckily, I didn't need the extinguisher.
    My extinguisher was really loaded with ignition and combustion agents. I was bummed you did not use it.
    SDSUsnowboards and Gian like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1477 times

"comuity"?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1486 times

That story reminds me of Oli's generosity. Once Oli's car was terminal trackside while three of us were also having a challenging day. Because of Oli's selflessness we descended on his corvette like a pack of dogs pulling parts off so our cars could make the next race. I got cooling system parts, someone else took his fuel pump. If was really funny. Oli's car, up on jackstands, looked like an abandon car in Watts.
    Olitho and Gian like this.

Liked
    744 times

I try to be as generous with my time, tools, and parts as I can. You never know when or if it will be reciprocated, but it makes me think it makes the community better.
    Yer pal,
    Force

+ Reply to Thread