+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GTR2 Racing Simulation

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    I have GTR2 and GTL for PC. There are many add on tracks you can download including Laguna.
    Very nice. You say the Laguna track available for GT2? Is it in the new update?
    96 C2
    Fabspeed Supercups
    PSS9's
    BBS RS-GT's
    16k sound system
    Custom Leather Interior

07 Cayman
    Mostly Stock.

1973 914 2.0 Engine being rebuilt

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by McGarrett View Post
    Very nice. You say the Laguna track available for GT2? Is it in the new update?
    No Its a hack. you can downlad it here:
    Theres two here one is 2003 and the other I think its the updated version.

http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?subcat=46

Liked
    15 times

oh awesome, I was always bummed there wasnt LS for GTR2. I'm thinking of picking up Race07. I've been playing the demo and its pretty sweet.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    oh awesome, I was always bummed there wasnt LS for GTR2. I'm thinking of picking up Race07. I've been playing the demo and its pretty sweet.
    I haven't play for more than a year now. I need to set up my rig and install the game along with all the hacks again. Maybe we can have a trackHQ online racing league during the off season. haha. What am i saying here, we socal folks don't have a off season. Some of my favorite tracks in the game are Imola, Monza, The Mother (nordschleife), Spa, Suzuka.

holly $hit, I just found out they have Cal Speedway Roval. haha. pretty cool. Finally a local track . Check it out.
    http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=5121

Liked
    0 times

I just downloaded some of the tracks, and I get "This file seems to already exist" when I try to open it? Why is this happening?
    96 C2
    Fabspeed Supercups
    PSS9's
    BBS RS-GT's
    16k sound system
    Custom Leather Interior

07 Cayman
    Mostly Stock.

1973 914 2.0 Engine being rebuilt

Liked
    15 times

I haven't play for more than a year now. I need to set up my rig and install the game along with all the hacks again. Maybe we can have a trackHQ online racing league during the off season. haha. What am i saying here, we socal folks don't have a off season. Some of my favorite tracks in the game are Imola, Monza, The Mother (nordschleife), Spa, Suzuka.

holly $hit, I just found out they have Cal Speedway Roval. haha. pretty cool. Finally a local track . Check it out.
    http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=5121
    Very cool. I'll DL all them when I get home. I dont know if my "Version" of the game will work online. eitherway its cheap. Race 07 is similar with a bit better graphics.

wow, I looked over that site a bit more, never knew about all the cars and addons, great......now I know what I'm doing tonight.

Manly I also JUST installed it on my new computer. My sisters bf, Jason, was over and saw my steering wheel and asked if I had any games so I installed it again after not playing in forever. Discovered it really is a pretty decent traing tool. I was teaching him throttle control to steer the car in the corners and a bunch of other techniques that are pretty real once you get the car setup right and turn off all the traction aids.

Liked
    15 times

I just downloaded some of the tracks, and I get "This file seems to already exist" when I try to open it? Why is this happening?
    I'll be able to help ya when I get home and try it later. Manly might be able to chime in and help though.

Liked
    10 times

anyone plays rFactor? I'm about to set one up soon~ I think the physics engine in both games were made by the same company~

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
    anyone plays rFactor? I'm about to set one up soon~ I think the physics engine in both games were made by the same company~
    I played a demo of rfactor long long time ago when it was still in its infancy. I saw a demo of it at the LA auto show last week. It looks very similar to GTR2/GT legend(another great sim). Whats cool about it was that it has the F1 add-ons. I check it out. I believe its $19 for the game download right?

Liked
    34 times

Looks like you might have already extracted the file without knowing it. thats the only reason i can come up with. Those tracks are all add-ons so you shouldn't have them on your comp before the d/l.

Liked
    15 times

I had rfactor also on my old rig. Those F1 cars are WILD! sooooooo delicate though. Thats why I like Race07, you get some formula cars and its the sequal to GTR2

Liked
    10 times

I played a demo of rfactor long long time ago when it was still in its infancy. I saw a demo of it at the LA auto show last week. It looks very similar to GTR2/GT legend(another great sim). Whats cool about it was that it has the F1 add-ons. I check it out. I believe its $19 for the game download right?
    Actually I donno much about the game yet, I heard about the game from a guy who created a racing game community in Taiwan! They are pretty serious about the racing game in their league and drive it like real cars with lots of resrictions & rules.

They used to play GT4 when I still play racing simulator 2~3 years ago and then they switched to rFactor 2 years ago for their season races and stuff~ So I'm trying to get back to these guys again!

Liked
    15 times

OK the Laguna Seca Track is pretty accurate. Cali Speedway needs some serious work. In a Porsche Cup car I'm WAY slower around it than I am in real life in the Lotus.

1:03's in an uber porsche around LS is crazy..haha. I think I can break 1min, with some more setup and practice controling the beast.

Havnt tried any of the LMS or radical mods yet.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

How much are the steering wheels for these simulators? Something to just get me started. I don't need the $15k setup Manly and I saw at the LA Auto Show.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    15 times

I have the logitech mom wheel ~$100.

There is also the much nice Logitech G25 wheel for ~$300

GTR2 is only like $25 or something now.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    I have the logitech mom wheel ~$100.
    HA, does the "mom" wheel tell you when you've wasted too much time in front of the computer?

the Logitech Driving Force Pro for $130 doesn't seem half bad. Maybe I can look for one used on ebay or something.
    Last edited by zjchaser; 11-28-2007 at 10:54 AM.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post
    HA, does the "mom" wheel tell you when you've wasted too much time in front of the computer?

the Logitech Driving Force Pro for $130 doesn't seem half bad. Maybe I can look for one used on ebay or something.
    I disabled that button haha.

The cool thing with the drive force pro wheel is that is does 900 degree rotation like the G25(unlike my Momo) and you can heavily mod it later if you want. Frex GP makes abunch of simulator parts. you can put a quick release steering wheel hub on and attach any real race wheel to it. Very cool, though no cheap.

Liked
    1 times

It's all about Forza 2.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post

Hey that one is for Playstation.

You need one for PC/MAC.
    These 2 right here:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...eels/&cl=us,en

Liked
    0 times

I got hooked playing GT2 with A.J. over thanksgiving. So my Logitech G25 is on the way!

Sadly it will have to take the place of a track car for me until the funds can support the habit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast