APR

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1885 times

Determined surveyor is determined.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

When did they start letting pushrod v8s in SLB?
    JJ1 likes this.

Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Whos the determined land surveyor?

Attachment 8077
    I have footage of a Mustang almost hitting that camera guy, I'll post it up later tonight.

Liked
    543 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    When did they start letting pushrod v8s in SLB?
    I wondered the same thing ~6 months ago when I was reading the updated rules and couldn't find any of the references to pushrod V8s not being allowed that I could've sworn I had seen previously...

This year had 3 corvettes (2 C6s and a C7) as well as a ford mustang cobra, and at least one V8-swapped car (danny george's drift miata)

-Ryan
    Ryan Passey
    Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
    "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

So would a C7 Z06 or Viper be allowed in Street class as well? Seems to defeat the purpose of 'import' TA. Does that mean McLaren 12C/650s, 458s, R8s, etc... can run street class as well?

Then again, the "Mod"/Limited class cars are more built than Unlimited cars useto be, no one competes in Unlimited, and Street is kind of the new Mod/Limited and Enthusiast is the new Street class...
    Pure EvoIX, bawareca and Blackbird like this.

Liked
    51 times

Enthusiast RWD rules in a nutshell: 285 max tire width, 220+ UTQG, stock cats, stock interior, one front aero mod, one rear aero mod. Power to ratio be damned...

Liked
    366 times

Quote Originally Posted by JulioG View Post
    Enthusiast RWD rules in a nutshell: 285 max tire width, 220+ UTQG, stock cats, stock interior, one front aero mod, one rear aero mod. Power to ratio be damned...
    Seems retarded. But I don't compete in TA so please no one respond to me in a serious manner.

I'm still competing for my HPDE Champion of the year award...
    2GRX7, cosmin, Pure EvoIX and 1 others like this.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    76 times

What an eventful day. Congrats to everyone that got on the podium and reset records. Unfortunately, we were not one of the teams but that's racing.

Here is my event rant. If you are lazy just read the last paragraph.

Tuesday we finally receive our new suspension and turns out it doesn't fit, so we had to put the KW's V3's back in. Wednesday morning we take it to the alignment shop (they notice the rear sway bar is out of wack, more on this later)Go to the dyno late Wednesday night to tune the new turbo set up and find out that the vendor sent us the incorrect boost actuator (this was the third time actually), which limited us to about 19 psi and about 400whp dynapack (we planned for 450whp to 500whp). Next, we discovered a leaking clutch master cylinder. Luckily we were able to source some spare parts. We decide to call it a night to get some sleep and decide we will fix it at the track the next day during open test.

Get to the track Thursday, make the needed repairs and put the new aero pieces from Wasp on. We are about to go on track with 30 minutes of open track left and one of the cars on track decides to blow it's motor and oil down the track so no testing for us. Going into Friday the surge tank decides to crack in the first practice session (fuel everywhere, but luckily no fire and ECU saves the motor despite low fuel pressure!!!) Turbo hose also decides to pop off as well LOL. We get towed in. Great.

We fix the hose, and end up bypassing the surge tank and just running one fuel pump, and adding about five gallons more fuel than normal to be safe. I love more weight!
    Anyway, I finally get to drive the car after the repairs! We go out for the next session, and I run into traffic but no biggie as I'm feeling how the car is and scrubbing in the new tires. Car is really loose in mid corner for riverside and exiting the esses. Did a bit of counter steering exiting the esses which was interesting considering that wall not to far off there. Car felt great in the low speed stuff however. We put down a 1:54.XX We figure the front splitter and cannard AOA changes is making more front down force than we thought, so we add more wing. Go out for a session, still really loose at high speed, but a little bit better. I think we go 1:52.XX Come in and add more wing. The alignment shop noticed that the sway bar was crooked and had actually notched one of the lower control arms (we had been running it like this without knowing). We also noticed that one of the rear diff cradle / subframe bolts had come loose. We had fixed that on Thursday at the track, so we are thinking it must of tightened things up quite a bit more in the rear and decide to go one click down on the rear sway bar. We had been running full stiff all year. We go out for the 2nd to the last session and put down a 1:50.XX despite being held up a bit on the exit of Riverside (Mark Jager lost 5th gear) Car felt nice and neutral at high speed, but still rotating really good in the low speed stuff.

Take some tire temps and find out we are running way to much front camber. We take out some front camber and add a touch more rear wing, and go out in the last session and put down a 1:49.4X and a 1:49.7X Stoked that we hit our goal of sub 1:50!!! With more seat time, testing, and fixing a few other issues we still have I'm sure we will go even faster. It's crazy that our time last year would of been second place in limited AWD, and this year it's not even enough for the podium! Just goes to show how the sport of TA is progressing. Key take away: Last minute changes suck! ha-ha!

Overall, a great event and experience. Can't wait for next year.
    Last edited by Johns_EvoIXSE; 11-16-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    bawareca and JulioG like this.
    1:46.3X @ BRP CW13 - 11/12/15 (400 whp, TD )
    1:26.82 @ WSIR - 10/12/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:22.7X @ SOW CW - 7/31/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:21.6X @ SOW CCW - 7/30/14 (400whp, Nt01)
    2:00.01 @ CVR CW - 9/28/13 (350whp, RS3)
    1:48.22 @ ACS - 11/23/13 (400whp, RS3)

Liked
    76 times

I'm not sure what the idea or intent was about letting push rod's in. It could lead us down a slippery slope (at least for lower classes). I know RTA has a $$$ rule, so if a car is over a certain dollar amount, it automatically Mod/limited.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Logs View Post
    I have footage of a Mustang almost hitting that camera guy, I'll post it up later tonight.
    Please tell me that happened before Motis video.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    543 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    So would a C7 Z06 or Viper be allowed in Street class as well? Seems to defeat the purpose of 'import' TA. Does that mean McLaren 12C/650s, 458s, R8s, etc... can run street class as well?

Then again, the "Mod"/Limited class cars are more built than Unlimited cars used to be, no one competes in Unlimited, and Street is kind of the new Mod/Limited and Enthusiast is the new Street class...
    The winner of street RWD was a C7, rivaled only by one S2000, the rest were far behind.
    The winner of limited RWD was a C6, and by a mile.
    Limited RWD was faster on average than Unlimited RWD. In fact, if I had entered in unlimited rwd, I'd have been half a second away from the podium instead of 7th place in limited rwd.

So pretty much what you're saying is spot on.

-Ryan
    Last edited by thepass; 11-16-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    bawareca likes this.
    Ryan Passey

#13 1990 Miata

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by thepass View Post
    The winner of street RWD was a C7, and by a mile.
    Yeah,and street FWD won by a civic with 1:55.xx
    No country for old men
    Last edited by bawareca; 11-16-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Liked
    543 times

^ actually edited my post for accuracy. In street Rif actually did have one close competitor in street, albeit just one. Limited is where the slaughter was the worst
    Ryan Passey

#13 1990 Miata

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
    I'm not sure what the idea or intent was about letting push rod's in. It could lead us down a slippery slope (at least for lower classes). I know RTA has a $$$ rule, so if a car is over a certain dollar amount, it automatically Mod/limited.
    I agree. It takes the whole 'tuner' thing out of it. IMO a C7 with aero would be more of a competitor to hopped up tuner cars than a street class dominator. But I've been a bit out of it in the last couple years so maybe Limited & Unlimited are just tire choices and the car counts are split between them, Street is the new Limited, and Enthusiast is the new street...

Maybe i'm not the best to criticize TA now, but I like the structure and idea of the old Unlimited/Limited/Street class.
    Blackbird likes this.

Liked
    76 times

Street Class = Street Tire 140 tw or higher, no flat bottom, and aero / wing size and placement limitations.
    Limited Mod = 60 TW or higher tire, no sequential transmissions, flat bottom allowed but still some limitations on the rear wing design and overall set up, glass windshield, glove box, center console required, and door cards unless you have adequate side impact protection
    Unlimited = 40 tw tire or higher, sequential transmission allowed, lexan where ever you want, unlimited aero

RTA and GTA differ the most really in Enthusiast class only. It seems RTA is looser on the chassis side for Enthusiast but stricter on engine, where GTA is stricter on the chassis side, but looser on engine. Everywhere else the rules are very similar. Cody's Vette is legal for both Mod in RTA and in Limited GTA. However, he is going to unlimited next year I believe.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2400 times

Default Mod AWD 2nd place

Zhong Cheung (Angry Panda Racing) asked me to drive his Evo 9 for SLB. He made several upgrades since it last ran so we were hoping to break the sub 1:50 barrier. This lap was not my fastest (by .02) but it was my cleanest. Still, shifted to 5th too early and often. Was still learning the car as minor teething issues had me miss some practice time. By my count, I got a total of 9 hot laps. Bad shift point selection on my best lap. Very happy with the result in any case. Car definitely had a mid to high 1:46 in it. The 1:47.425 we ran was over a second under the old record but Jeff Westphal drove the Renner Motorsports / Fortune Auto Subie to an amazing 1:44.062 for first place and the new Mod AWD record. I think the 1:38.967 Jeff did in Unlimited AWD is a new overall record. Outstanding job by that driver and team.

Thanks to:

Jeremy and Anthony of FFTec Motorsports for the trackside support
    Zhong Cheung for the seat
    Paul Jho and Hankook tires for the incredible Ventus TD tires
    Gilbert and Massimo Power for the chassis setup and prep work

gta-super-lap-battle-results-buttonwillow64.jpg
    Last edited by emilio700; 11-18-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    2GRX7, bawareca, JJ1 and 2 others like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    641 times

Great lap Emilio,and amazing adaptation to the suv in such a short period.It must be quite the opposite experience than a well sorted Miata,even supercharged.

Liked
    51 times

Is hugging the inside of Sweeper the fastest line for AWD?

Liked
    543 times

Awesome video, thanks for that Emilio. Great driving.

Makes me wish I had 450 whp.. comparing data from my 1:55 lap with that vid, min/sustained speeds in corners are identical almost everywhere, with me being faster over phil's hill and sunset and you having a couple more mph through riverside.

-Ryan
    Last edited by thepass; 11-18-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    bawareca likes this.
    Ryan Passey

#13 1990 Miata

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast