1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    16 times

Any updates?
    I just bought a set of Hankook Z-214 c51's for my track day Mustang and I'm wondering how many heat cycles I should expect to get out of them.
    I was also looking at the Maxxis RC-1 and I'm not sure which would be the better tire.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Liked
    468 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
    Any updates?
    I just bought a set of Hankook Z-214 c51's for my track day Mustang and I'm wondering how many heat cycles I should expect to get out of them.
    I was also looking at the Maxxis RC-1 and I'm not sure which would be the better tire.
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    I have found that the 214 last about 4 races before they start falling off lap time wise. But get another 2 weekends out of them before the treads gone. They mostly give up before the tread does.

I do everything I can to mange my tires though. Rotation after each race and flip them on the rim after 2 races.
    Hankooks do not need to have the same warm up or break in period the Hoosiers do. So you don't have to worry about that.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I have found that the 214 last about 4 races before they start falling off lap time wise. But get another 2 weekends out of them before the treads gone. They mostly give up before the tread does.

I do everything I can to mange my tires though. Rotation after each race and flip them on the rim after 2 races.
    Hankooks do not need to have the same warm up or break in period the Hoosiers do. So you don't have to worry about that.
    Thanks, I'm doing track days so its basically 5 heat cycles per event....I'm trying to figure out how many track days per set of tires so I don't run out of grip at an event.

Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
    Thanks, I'm doing track days so its basically 5 heat cycles per event....I'm trying to figure out how many track days per set of tires so I don't run out of grip at an event.
    You'll get 2 full weekends with them before they get slippery (so 4 track days which will roughly be around 18-20 heat cycles). I'm using them on a TT prepped Honda S2000 and I find they drop off in times a little after the 2-3 heat cycle, but then they stay consistent for the next 10-15. Even when they get slippery, they aren't bad but they will get slippery before they cord.

The Maxxis tires will last longer, but are not as grippy. I would say that unless you are competing, the Maxxis tire is about the best bang for the buck today.

Liked
    16 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You'll get 2 full weekends with them before they get slippery (so 4 track days which will roughly be around 18-20 heat cycles). I'm using them on a TT prepped Honda S2000 and I find they drop off in times a little after the 2-3 heat cycle, but then they stay consistent for the next 10-15. Even when they get slippery, they aren't bad but they will get slippery before they cord.

The Maxxis tires will last longer, but are not as grippy. I would say that unless you are competing, the Maxxis tire is about the best bang for the buck today.
    Sweet, that's exactly the info I was looking for..THANKS!

Liked
    4 times

This should be a Sticky!!! <-----------------

Any know where the new cheater "Street" tires (Rivals S/RE-71R) land on this Grip vs Longevity ranking?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2