+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: great driving

Liked
    0 times

Having understood the cynical tone of your message and signature rather late (as I do not speak English natively), I would say that although FWD cars are not nearly as popular on the tracks as the other drivetrains, my original driving qualifications originated from driving FWD cars: On the road, on the tracks (Fiat Sienna), on the rally stage (Peugoet Group-N car), from where I got my racing license.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    some amazingly great info in this thread!
    You need to add a smilie to your posts. Sometimes the intent of a post doesn't come through in plain text. I can only assume that you are truly and tremendously impressed with the info on the thread, and that there is no sarcasm intended.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    no I'm not that good, I'm havnt graduated to FWD yet.
    haha

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    You need to add a smilie to your posts. Sometimes the intent of a post doesn't come through in plain text. I can only assume that you are truly and tremendously impressed with the info on the thread, and that there is no sarcasm intended.
    What do you know, I agree with the sheriff!

Speaking in a more serious tune, I believe my responses, being issued fourth as professional input in hope to aid others (and therefore aid myself subsequently), have been rendered into a circus of some sort. I appreciate it when people like Billy as an example, bring up relevant claims, however opposite of mine, over those who reply with sarcasm and evident mockery.

Being short of feedback on what appears to be my wording, I would accuse the cultural differences between us as the factor of the communicative problems we seem to suffer from.

Sorry for the rather academic phrasing. Do not forget I do not speak English as a first language, so my intentions and wording might not be the same. Also, unlike other users, I do not like cynicism (though I do like dogs )

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Mind to share some of your videos? At least one? I assume you or some others would at least have your driving on board footage throughout years of driving right?

English is not my first language either, I speak 3-4 languages roughly, some are better than the others. With that said, I get along with ppl here with absolutely no problem.
    Last edited by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong; 02-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Liked
    27 times

Quote Originally Posted by Astraist View Post
    Forgive me for not being available over these last four days
    You were missed greatly.

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong View Post
    With that said, I get along with ppl here with absolutely no problem.
    Ehhhh

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    Ehhhh

I know,but....

Get over it, time to move on...

Liked
    2165 times

English is not my first language either, I speak 3-4 languages roughly, some are better than the others.
    Yes, Charles is very multilingual, but he is most fluent when speaking Fast.

He tried Slow before, but that just didn't work for him.

When he is speaking in anything other than Fast, it is very likely he will Drift into a dialect most of us are not very good at.

Personally I think he should stick to Fast because his English sucks! Just kidding....

Last edited by Olitho; 02-17-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Liked
    142 times

Astraist,

Are these your tracks that you have in you signature?

Arad
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtXDiRdWFH4[/YOUTUBE]
    Nachshonim
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0-d2P0YzM[/YOUTUBE]

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    Yes, Charles is very multilingual, but he is most fluent when speaking Fast.

He tried Slow before, but that just didn't work for him.

When he is speaking in anything other than Fast, it is very likely he will Drift into a dialect most of us are not very good at.

Personally I think he should stick to Fast because his English sucks! Just kidding....

LOL. So when are you gonna teach me some standard American English that I been dying to learn?

Most importantly, I heard you speak a dialect called "SOW1:18", mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    Astraist,

Are these your tracks that you have in you signature?

Arad
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtXDiRdWFH4[/YOUTUBE]
    Nachshonim
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0-d2P0YzM[/YOUTUBE]
    seriously.

Liked
    165 times

I know,but....

Get over it, time to move on...
    You're my boy, Blue!!! <3

Liked
    0 times

Arad and the "Nachsonimring" are not "real" race tracks in the true sense of the word, there are none in Israel, which makes the presence (and quality) of motorsport in there far more unique. We are also practicing racing techniques on deserted, winding public roads

See the cultural differences? You have highly available tracks for trackdays. For me? A track means either a simulated track (however highly technical as it is composed by great racing drivers), a public road (where you cannot use the whole width of the road or maximize speed) or a track abroad.

Yaris Pisti, as an example appears here:
    [YOUTUBE]jzlb1faKYHs[/YOUTUBE]

In this particular track, the Fiat Sienna Cup competition is held annually, and we often get into podium results (Such as 3rd )

The track at Loheac is a great track where we hold both rallying, single-seater racing and drifting courses. It's a technical track with large sets of close corners, allowing to reach a very high technical level of skill (or, alternatively, make a very long and impressive drift).

[YOUTUBE]FYDiW792OAc[/YOUTUBE]

Good rallying courses are also held localy (where I got my FIA license) and in Finland.

I do not get why the angry feelings all of a sudden? We were having a normal discussion on a driving video, and I guess everyone can agree with what I said in relation to that video: the driver needs to be more precise with his motions.
    Last edited by Astraist; 02-18-2010 at 05:06 AM.

Liked
    0 times

The inputs may look "unsmooth" but what matters most is that the output and overall result is smooth. A good example is Ayrton Senna's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU

and 3:45 into this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2p2nRK-p4

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by samsam5886 View Post
    The inputs may look "unsmooth" but what matters most is that the output and overall result is smooth. A good example is Ayrton Senna's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU

Problem is people always think "smooth" means slow hands and slow foot, like everything nice and smooth.

In driving a car fast, like very fast, "smooth" means you can be doing many small corrections and sometimes more action to balance the car at the limit "smoothly" to preserve all wear and tear item(tires, brakes...etc). At the same time, from the spectator point of view and a lap time point of view it is still an overall fast and smooth lap and drama free.

Liked
    103 times

the best part about that video is his heel-toe work in brown penny loafers

Liked
    0 times

Problem is people always think "smooth" means slow hands and slow foot, like everything nice and smooth.

In driving a car fast, like very fast, "smooth" means you can be doing many small corrections and sometimes more action to balance the car at the limit "smoothly" to preserve all wear and tear item(tires, brakes...etc). At the same time, from the spectator point of view and a lap time point of view it is still an overall fast and smooth lap and drama free.
    thats what i thought as well.

Liked
    0 times

I agree, but in the particular case discussed I believe the driver could have been smoother or at least more accurate. The driver needs to control the car with his feet more than his hands.

As I have seen my signature was rather "problematic", I choose to remove it.

Hoping for a bit of peace and quiet,

Astraist

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Astraist View Post

Hoping for a bit of peace and quiet,

Astraist

NOOOOOoooooooooo!!!

Liked
    0 times

That bored?

+ Reply to Thread