+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: Got my new racing gear today . . .

Liked
    1477 times

Default Got my new racing gear today . . .

So I mentioned in another thread awhile back that my racing gear (except the custom driving suit) was stolen out of my Suburban tow vehicle while it was stored at Willow Springs. I also lost my current SCCA log book, which was in a duffel bag the thieves took.

Today I went to Werks II in Burbank and bought new gear -- Adjustable Hans Device, Bell Helmet, Sparco shoes and gloves, 3 pairs of nomex socks and a nomex balaclava. So I'm ready to get back into the game with the SCCA Cal/Club race weekend and open test day in the FM at WSIR Feb. 22-24.

The Adjustable Hans is interesting. It is FIA approved and can be adjusted to 10* (degrees), 20*, 30* or 40*. You recline in the driver's seat of an open wheel FM, so I need a 30* Hans for that. But since I will drive modified street cars at open track events and possibly W2W races in the future, I can use the Adjustable Hans at 10* or 20* for those events. Sure is better than buying 2 different Hans.

See you guys out there . . .
    vetteguy2005 likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    367 times

Welcome back!
    Do you understand?

Liked
    1430 times

Ugh. It hurts just remembering hearing about that.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Richard, you know how I feel about thieves. I am glad you have some new gear. I just recently purchased a Simpson Hybrid Rage Pro. I was considering the HANS, but the setup seemed too complicated and I would have to relocate the harness bar for the shoulder belts.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    61 times

Sucks! I missed that thread.

Was it stored in a long term spot or was it broken into while parked during a normal weekend? Did they bust out a window? God that's aggravating. Reminds me of the drag races in the late 90's, people would steal your shift knob wile you were rummaging around in your trunk, it was unbelievable. Ive left my car over night a few times at WSIR becasue i didn't feel like leaving it in the Radisson parking lot. When i'd done this it'd also had some gear clearly visible in the passenger compartment since theres no room in the trunk, maybe I should think twice.

Liked
    61 times

dreaded double post

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by illwillem View Post
    Sucks! I missed that thread.

Was it stored in a long term spot or was it broken into while parked during a normal weekend? Did they bust out a window? God that's aggravating. Reminds me of the drag races in the late 90's, people would steal your shift knob wile you were rummaging around in your trunk, it was unbelievable. Ive left my car over night a few times at WSIR becasue i didn't feel like leaving it in the Radisson parking lot. When i'd done this it'd also had some gear clearly visible in the passenger compartment since theres no room in the trunk, maybe I should think twice.
    The Suburban was stored at WSIR on a long term basis. I still don't know how the thieves got in -- there was no broken window or anything. They also syphoned the gas tank. I suspect the shop where I store my FM, trailer and Suburban forgot to lock it, but there is no way to prove that.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2265 times

Be sure to let us know how you like the adjustable HANS. That's a pretty new product, so I'd be interested to hear how well it works.

Liked
    378 times

How is Galen doing?

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    How is Galen doing?
    ???

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ???
    Galen Bieker I presume....
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    378 times

Yeah. One of the larger-than-life personalities of the So Cal Porsche/Racing scene. His mother, too.

+ Reply to Thread