+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got my car back from the shop!

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Default Got my car back from the shop!

YEAAA I got my car back. It feels really weird driving my tight TT after driving a very soft Subaru Outback Wagon. Wow, my car can really turn! I did get a lot of left foot breaking practice with the rental car though.

The 3" downpipe they installed while replacing the turbo really sounds nice. I can't wait to take the chip out of stock mode and let her loose!

This means that after a few break-in miles on Saturday, I'll be at SOWS on Sunday!

I'll post photos of my busted turbo and the tear in the tiny hose that caused it to blow in a few days after I pick the parts up from the shop.

Liked
    34 times

Congrats. See you on Sunday! I'll sure to ask you for a ride at least for a session if you don't mind.

BTW, I already received the lenses that you recommended for my camera. thanks. However, the adapter is on backorder. So the filters are unless at this time. I'll just have to practice at 1/100 - 1/80 max on sunday.

Liked
    1 times

You can definitely get a ride, Manly. Seems like there will be plenty of room for extra sessions. I'll also bring my little camera along and maybe somebody else will have a digital SLR we can shoot with as well.

Looking forward to this Sunday!

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post

I'll post photos of my busted turbo and the tear in the tiny hose that caused it to blow in a few days after I pick the parts up from the shop.
    Which hose ? The turbo intake boot ? I'm guessing the vacuum hose from the tubo to the wastegate

Liked
    1477 times

Aaron -

I'd really appreciate if you could take one lap of video behind me on Sunday at SOW and post it up. We'll talk on track day.

Glad you got your TT back. I have had way more mechanical problems with my EVO than you have had, so I can sympathize. See you there.

Liked
    0 times

Great to hear you got your car back and it was paid for. Are you going to CA Speedway next weekend? I am redoing my entire suspension today so if you have to go into the studio, you should swing by here. I'm a couple miles from there and will be in the garage all day.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    1 times

Don't know exactly what hose it is, but I'll post photos of it when I can.

Richard, I'd be glad to follow you for a lap or two. I am going to try to find somebody who can do the same for me as well.

John, Hope the suspension stuff went well. Didn't leave the house much today as I have been reading the new Harry Potter book. I don't know if I will hit up CalSpeedway. I'll play it by ear, but I don't know if I'll be up for two track events on consecutive weekends.

And by the way, when everybody goes to see the Simpsons movie next weekend, keep your eyes out for the Alvin and the Chipmunks trailer. I worked on it and was responsible for a lot of the work on the third and fourth shots (the last two) of the Chipmunks.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by imager993 View Post
    ....... I am going to try to find somebody who can do the same for me as well.
    You can count on me for that once I have my car back. I like someone to do the same for me as well.

Liked
    6 times

I'd do it, but I can't keep up with you.

Liked
    34 times

Hey Zee, thanks. BTW are you going to Redline's SOW tomorrow?

Liked
    6 times

I'm going to have to miss it... Too many errands to do around here. But I should be able to make the SV CalSpeedway event next weekend, just to film and take photos.

You guys are probably at the driver's meeting as I type this.

+ Reply to Thread