+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Global Tuner GP

Liked
    1 times

Default Global Tuner GP

is anyone attending the Global Tuner Grand Prix up at Laguna Seca at the end of Oct?

Global Tuner Grand Prix

i heard GMG is the one hosting this event, imo they're doing a HORRIBLE job marketing this event.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by ASSALBERT View Post
    they're doing a HORRIBLE job marketing this event.
    Yeah, their spokesman is a guy called "Ass Albert"
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    6 times

I thought about it, until the entrance fee was $1200. Would be fun racing with the Pros though...if they even show up.

And yes, GMG is behind it
    --Chris Ronson Jr--
    www.ronsonracing.com

T1 Corvette roller for sale

Liked
    15 times

Same as Chris. I was planning to run it....rare chance to run LS with no sound limit....then I saw the price...and yes the marketing is pretty bad. I actually saw a flyer for it when I was getting some of my parts powder coated a little while ago

Liked
    72 times

how many zero sound restriction days does laguna seca have? This could be part of the reason for the cost. So any RX7 that has ever want to run Laguan, now is your chance.

If you look at the invite list, you will see folks from around here. FX Motorsports, Clint, AQ Motorsports, Gates311, TrackHQ (Mani?), Fair Enough Competition, 949 Racing. Not sure if that means they are attending, or just invited.

Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    how many zero sound restriction days does laguna seca have? This could be part of the reason for the cost.
    4 or 5 a year iirc...all Pro weekends
    --Chris Ronson Jr--
    www.ronsonracing.com

T1 Corvette roller for sale

Liked
    1 times

alot of the shops on the list probably dont even know that they're on the list. LOL

Liked
    15 times

trackHQ is on the invitational list? heh

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    trackHQ is on the invitational list? heh
    Yeah but I think there'd need to be a collection started in order to send a driver to this one. $1550 is it? Seems like an overpriced Redline Time Attack to me.
    Hella Functional

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac88 View Post
    Yeah but I think there'd need to be a collection started in order to send a driver to this one. $1550 is it? Seems like an overpriced Redline Time Attack to me.
    $1250...

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by ASSALBERT View Post
    alot of the shops on the list probably dont even know that they're on the list. LOL
    +1
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    15 times

Too bad the dates for Global GP and Redline T/A @ Infineon fall under the same dates, or else I am sure some of the Redline Unlimited class runners would show up to show the other pro teams what they got.

oh well...

Liked
    0 times

Gents

Thanks for the emails, I wish we could capture all the forums.. Just not enough man power to do so..

However I will try and answer some of the questions and reply to some of the comments from the posts.

1. GMG is not putting on the event- GTGP is a completely seperate entity outside of GMG.. GMG is simply a major sponsor of the event along with companies like Mobil1, Speed, Stoptech, Sparco, BBS , Pirelli, Porsche Motorsport NA and others.

2. The cost of the GTGP- Time attack portion has been reduced because of support funding from one of the major sponsors.. It was $1250.00 its not $975.00... Groups of 5 or more who sign up at the same time will recieve additional discounts.

3. The GTGP_ Time Attack portion has three classes from Street, Tuner and Unlimited with 3 categories each. FWD - AWD- RWD.
    Everything from a bone stock mini and smart car running to fully modded time attack unlimited cars.. EVO's STI's, M3, Porsche,Viper ACR, Audis',Mercedes benz,Acura's, Ferrari, Lambo's, A Veyron has also been entered and many more.

GTGP main event will also have a ALMS style pre grid which will include a race start ceremony, all the cars and teams on the front straight lined up and the spectators will be allowed to come out and check out the cars on the front straight and be part of the celebration.

4. The GTGP Challenge race is shaping up to be a very cool event..
    We have cars from World Challenge,ALMS, ROLEX , NASA, SCCA
    Cars like the WC- Volvos, Porsche Cup cars from WC-, Rolex, RSR's from ALMS and Club Cars. We also have BMW Club Cars, The NSX that run in WC GT this year.. Vipers from WC and Viper Club, Ferrari 360GT,
    Spec Miata's , Chris Rado with his Scion Race car, A Mini Cooper with 600 hp in the race as well as APR's VW GTI's..Several Lotus Challenge cars.
    So we have a good mix of cars.
    Cost is $1550.00

Compare these prices to entry fees for PRO races and the limited time you get.. Its a DEAL......

Again this is one of 4 Pro Format - NO Sound restriction weekends..
    Its a spectator weekend, like ALMS, Historics and Moto GP..

There is also a trade show SEMA /PRI atmosphere happening in the main paddock as well as the yamaha market place.

SpeedTV.com has picked up the weekend, international press from around the world covering the event.
    There is a 30 minute TV deal in the works which should be locked down in the by the end of the week.

We welcome all to particpate in the event,, You dont need to be a pro but its a good chance to have a pro experiance..

This is an annual event with the track..

If you have any more questions please feel free to call 714-432-1582.
    Or email info@globaltunergp.com

Global Tuner Grand Prix

All the teams listed have been invited. Some cannot commit to coming due to conflicts and some are just scared I guess......

If you think you have what it takes.. Or you simply have the "b***s to step and run.. But most of all want to have a fun weekend at one of the best tracks in the country.. Now is your chance to put up some laptimes that will be compared to the times at suzuka and nurburgring.. All the times from the weekend will be recorded and official .. Who will start the first entry into the record books?

Hope that helps and thanks for your time..We hope to see you at the 2010 Global Tuner Grand Prix, Oct 22-24, 2010 @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Many of the top teams from RTA are in fact coming to GTGP... Be sure to check the event out.

The Stig@GTGP.

Thanks for the kind words from those who encourage events like this to take place.. Those who just talk down on a event without having ALL the facts are probably not the ones who would be attending anyway.. Oh well I guess there is always someone who has something negative to say..
    Last edited by Stig@GTGP; 09-26-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Liked
    72 times

Quote Originally Posted by WLopez34 View Post
    Too bad the dates for Global GP and Redline T/A @ Infineon fall under the same dates, or else I am sure some of the Redline Unlimited class runners would show up to show the other pro teams what they got.

oh well...
    I don't think there are that many of the really fast time attack teams attending redline anymore. I believe most of them are supporting this event instead.

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    I don't think there are that many of the really fast time attack teams attending redline anymore. I believe most of them are supporting this event instead.
    That's cool, this is looking like a much more organized event as time goes on.

And who can complain with Laguna Seca w/o sound restrictions

Liked
    15 times

I'm trying to make this one.....hopefully it works out.

+ Reply to Thread