Liked
    742 times

Casa de Force in Cackalacky.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    6 times

OK, reading too much track HQ.

I will say that as a grad student, I did 3+ years of track days without paying for them other than gas to get me there and tires to wear out.

Acquire a skill that makes you valuable to someone who owns a track club, such as doing their website or email newsletter for them.

If you want it enough, and you are willing to work for it, you can make it happen, and not pay actual money for it. You will pay time for it, much, much, more time than it might actually be worth.

But usually, the wives only look at the bank accounts, not the sleepless nights that enable your hobby. Get in touch with the owner of every track or track-day club around, you will find one who will make you a ***** for "free" track time. And I mean *****, hold-my-pocket, prison inmate, traded for a pack of cigarettes, type of scenario

If you don't mind that, you will get on track... Now you get to find out how much you really want it...............

We all started with nothing, some got richer better and quicker than others.

Liked
    742 times

Oh! Good point! I did a lot of HPDEs at a greatly reduced cost or free, even, by instructing. Familiarity and decent times at a particular track, along with a calm, pleasant demeanor results in kudos from participants. Companies that stage HPDEs like to have that sort of resource available to draw in more customers.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    1477 times

For chrissake Wilson, why would you go through all that when you can just pay Aaron $150 to run all day at Willow Springs???

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonSteele View Post

I will say that as a grad student, I did 3+ years of track days without paying for them other than gas to get me there and tires to wear out.

Acquire a skill that makes you valuable to someone who owns a track club, such as doing their website or email newsletter for them.

If you want it enough, and you are willing to work for it, you can make it happen, and not pay actual money for it. You will pay time for it, much, much, more time than it might actually be worth.

But usually, the wives only look at the bank accounts, not the sleepless nights that enable your hobby. Get in touch with the owner of every track or track-day club around, you will find one who will make you a ***** for "free" track time. And I mean *****, hold-my-pocket, prison inmate, traded for a pack of cigarettes, type of scenario

If you don't mind that, you will get on track... Now you get to find out how much you really want it...............

We all started with nothing, some got richer better and quicker than others.
    bawareca likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2242 times

No such thing. That's a myth.

Liked
    1477 times

This is the thread of the month for sure . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    6 times

For that part of my life, in grad school, $150 was like two months of groceries!

Heres another tip, most higher end auto dealerships that perform service will let you go through the tires that they replace to find ones that trophy wife got rid of, but are still worthy of track use. I always liked VW for that, BMW didn't seem to have stuff in good "miata" sizes.

Ask at the dealership where you spend "family" money now. Smile a lot, have a great attitude, and take on whatever work they ask, and you will find a way...

Liked
    546 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    This is the thread of the month for sure . . .
    More like the thread for that time of the month...

Steve

Liked
    10 times

She knows its the only interest I have and I budget what I need to spend per year which I'm open to share with her. If she needs more validation than that, there are serious problems with the entire arrangement.

Oh yes. I need to win otherwise my participation is meaningless according to her and I shouldnt waste money. Talk about pressure -_-
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4