+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Get Your Racing License Fast and Cheap....

Liked
    2165 times

Default Get Your Racing License Fast and Cheap....

Here is about the fastest and cheapest way you can get you racing license in SoCal. Plus Cal Club throws in a free race for you on Sunday, too. The Time Trial in Cal Club talk is really just an open session for tracking your car... think HPDE... there is good instruction though along with a track walk of key track corners at lunch time. Here is the Press Release:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super School March 22-24, 2012
    Double Regional and Time Trials March 24-25, 2012
    Buttonwillow Raceway Park

Registration for the March Madness Double Regional, Time Trials and Super School is open! 3 Events, one place something for everyone.

Do you know someone who is ready for their competition license? Well it's time for Cal Club Super School. 2.5 days of intense training. Super School begins on Thursday March 22 with an evening classroom session, two days of on track activities follow and upon graduation on Saturday evening they can go racing, so why not stay and run the second day of the Double Regional and to top it off Cal Club will give each graduate a free entry on Sunday! Tell your friends, family and neighbors! More information on the Super School can be found on our web site Cal Club - Driver License Information

Do you know someone maybe not ready to go wheel to wheel racing but would love to get the family station wagon out on the track to see what it and they can do? Well, the Cal Club time trial is the place to do it! Time Trials gives everyone a chance to go out on the track all that is needed is a safe car, good tires and good working condition, a helmet SA 2005 or newer, can be rented at the track and the desire to have a great time! Instructors will be available to give them the confidence and help they may or may not need! Great way to get your family, friends, maybe sponsor involved! More information can be found on our web site Cal Club - Time Trials

And if all that activity was not enough a Cal Club Double Regional is also available! Two different track configurations in one weekend! Late fees go into effect on March 18th so don't delay. Also remember you never have to pay at time of entry, but entering early helps us plan the event and secures your annual number! Enter on Mortorsportsreg MotorsportReg.com : Online registration management tools for driving and social events or entry forms are available on our web site http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/ar...-EntryForm.pdf
    Event Schedules: http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/ar...edule-2PGS.pdf
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    57 times

+1! I haven't been to the Cal Club licensing school, but I did the SF Region one last year at Thunderhill. It was a lot of fun and involved a massive amount of track time for a small amount of money.

-mike

Liked
    58 times

i need to get one of those.. mines been expired for a few years now.

I got mine at this... don't be intimidated... its fun, laid back, informative, and a TON of track time.

Liked
    1477 times

I drove Oli's car at the CalClub school in 2008. It's not my fault he had to rebuild his gearbox right after . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    434 times

Did it last year. Most bang for your buck youll ever get on track. $400 for 9+ hours on track, a racing license and a bunch of racing.

Highly recommend.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150
    #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
    Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
    PA Construction
    American Heritage Performance

Liked
    4 times

ohh perfect. i have a current nasa comp but this sounds like a great deal. i actually never raced with scca so i think i'll go ahead and do this school and get familiar with scca. i <3 cal club anyway!!! i used to instruct at the bw clinic back in the days... Les, Warren, good guys that keeps BW humming.
    http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...g-civic-75.gif
    Yes, I'm the flying Chinaman!
    N1 Concepts 2012 | AKMEE Motors 2012 | AKMEE Engineering 2004 | G.SPEED Racing 1995
    My Bizarre and Twisted Reality Blog is Back! http://ghettoracer.wordpress.com

RON PAUL FTW

Liked
    2165 times

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE-Updated

Contacts: Allan Coy, Ombudsman
    avcoystoo@verizon.net

Ceci Smith, Office Manager
    calclubhq@aol.com

Super School Weekend and Double Regional
    Plus Time Trials
    Buttonwillow Raceway Park, March 23rd, 24th and 25th

Buttonwillow, CA – March 12, 2012 –

The California Sports Car Club will be presenting their annual Super School at the Buttonwillow Raceway Park March 22nd, 23rd and 24th. A Super School offers a unique opportunity for aspiring road racers to obtain their competition license in one weekend. Students attend class on Thursday evening and then hit the track on Friday and Saturday with some of the best instructors in the business. The students must have a fully prepared race car which can be rented from many sources that support the program or use their own race car.

What makes Cal Club’s school different, other than its reasonable cost, is the school is run on a regular Regional race weekend. When the students successfully complete the school they can have their first race on Sunday, competing with experienced racers. It is an opportunity to start polishing skills fresh from 2 days of intense instruction.

In addition Time Trials will be a part of the program Saturday and Sunday providing an opportunity for running street cars on the road racing track for fun and timing.

Saturday, while the school is running on the East track, Regional racers will begin their weekend on the West track. This will be the third of 9 race weekends leading up to the annual Pacific Coast Road Racing Championships in October at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. The PCRR Championships invites drivers from all road racing organizations to get together once a year to see who is “The Best of the Best”.

Cal Club the builder of Buttonwillow Raceway Park located in Buttonwillow, California, a few miles west of Bakersfield, is a region of the Sports Car Club of America. Cal Club is in its 62nd year, has nearly 2,000 members offering competition programs in road racing, solo/autocross, time trials, and road rally. The Club has a rich history of producing some of the world’s most noted drivers and the best race volunteer workers the sport has ever seen. Cal Club has provided staff to many major road racing programs from Indy Car (37 years providing support for the Long Beach Grand Prix), AMA, Formula One, Grand Am and American LeMans in addition to hundreds of their own events.
    ###
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Kam
    Liked
    87 times

very tempting... i wonder if a Chump car would be ok to be used to get a comp license...
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

+ Reply to Thread