+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Get $1,000 for Driving Just One Time (on the street)

Liked
    855 times

No one at my house; but I don't expect any notice for the back office knuckle draggers until Wednesday (I hope).

Liked
    31 times

Quote Originally Posted by granth View Post
    Has any of the soon to be Taxi drivers been able to get into "Driver" mode yet on lyft? I think I have done all the requirements
    Your background check needs to clear after your mentor ride before you can switch to driver mode. I'm still waiting to clear
    01 Miata LS - VF Supercharged/6MT with 4.3 Torsen/15x9 6UL/XIDA-S/Sways/Bushings/GTC200 - Buttonwillow 13CW - 2:04.56
    09 WRX - 518whp on Rotated GTX3076R/17x9 DPT/RCE Tarmac 2/Sways/Bushings

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ Background check ?!? I guess ex-Sheriff's need not apply . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    855 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ^^^ Background check ?!? I guess ex-Sheriff's need not apply . . .

Ex-sheriffs, no problem. Practicing lawyers*, huge problem.

* btw: "Not all lawyers are bad people. Its just that 98% of them make the other 2% look bad."
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    855 times

My daughter informed me that Lyft was ill prepared to deal with the unexpectedly large number of applications. Still at least one member of the TrackHQ forum did get to the checkered flag, so I feel a little less badly about having put this out to the community. And, there were certainly no "family first" shenanigans because neither my wife or my son got the necessary approvals.
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-06-2015 at 12:05 AM.
    granth likes this.

Liked
    51 times

Has any of the soon to be Taxi drivers been able to get into "Driver" mode yet on lyft? I think I have done all the requirements
    as far as I know, you have to pass the background check... I've been waiting for 3½ weeks....

Liked
    855 times

Seems like a very imperfect process, that's for sure.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    51 times

Although my car was too old to qualify, because I did the sign up process, I am in their system and received the below e-mail. Figured I would post it in case people applied but didn't get this e-mail yet and are wondering what is going on. Oh, and what company thinks...hmmm, let's offer $1000 of pretty easy money and doesn't expect a crazy large response...

Lyft learned a lesson this week, and we're sorry for the frustration it caused you. We vastly underestimated the volume of applications we would receive for our $1,000 sign-on promotion, which was created to help us keep up with record-breaking passenger demand.

We owe it to the driver community and our passengers to make sure our approval process is rigorous and complete. All elements of our safety process are imperative and can take time - that means some applications haven't been approved yet even though the applicant's DMV and background checks are in. We know this can be frustrating.

Based on ideas from our community, here are the actions we're taking:

•Extension of deadline to March 12 for those who applied for this promotion and pass their DMV and background check by March 5. We're still completing our internal review of many applications, but if your DMV and background checks pass by end of day today (March 5), we're providing an extension until March 12 to meet your ride requirement.

•We, at Lyft, will not benefit from an application if an applicant does not qualify for the promotion and does not want to continue through the application process. By default, we won't use any information from the applications of drivers who don't qualify for the promotion, unless they would like us to continue with the application.

You'll receive an email from us tomorrow evening with your eligibility for the extension outlined above. If you are not eligible, you will have the choice of whether or not to continue with your application.

It's the responsibility of our team to make sure whenever we develop big ideas, we continue to keep the best interests of drivers top of mind. That's the company we always strive to be.

We still have some work to do to get there - and it's work we want to do together with you. Thanks to those of you who gave us productive feedback on how to improve, and for holding us to a higher standard.

John Zimmer
    Lyft Co-Founder

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

How old is your car that was rejected?

I missed the $1,000 thing, because I gave my 2001 4runner to my mom for the forseeable future. Therefore, I have no 5 passenger car. But, I'll eventually get it back, and $35 an hour for transporting drunk college students--when I have nothing better to do--sounds good to me.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    855 times

I think that a four seat vehicle can qualify. I know of one person who uses a Fit.

And, most drivers do really like the flexibility, extra money, and interesting experiences. Can actually be used to more than cover new car payments with just a modest amount of weekend driving.

Plus a much better vibe than Uber.

Liked
    51 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    How old is your car that was rejected?

I missed the $1,000 thing, because I gave my 2001 4runner to my mom for the forseeable future. Therefore, I have no 5 passenger car. But, I'll eventually get it back, and $35 an hour for transporting drunk college students--when I have nothing better to do--sounds good to me.
    Funny thing is that it is a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. I am not sure if it was a combination of being 2002 and an SUV or what. Only have 77,000 miles on it and it is in pretty good shape so not sure what was up but the system said it didn't qualify due to age of vehicle.

Liked
    140 times

I did my one "lyft" on thursday before the deadline and today I got my welcome kit from lyft. I think I might do some mode rides on sunday and see how it goes, lyft seems to be on the up and up. thanks again "loose" for posting this....
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by granth; 03-07-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Liked
    855 times

Quote Originally Posted by jnathan68 View Post
    Funny thing is that it is a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. I am not sure if it was a combination of being 2002 and an SUV or what. Only have 77,000 miles on it and it is in pretty good shape so not sure what was up but the system said it didn't qualify due to age of vehicle.
    I hear that the car must be less than 10 years old.

Liked
    855 times

I did my one "lyft" on thursday before the deadline and today I got my welcome kit from lyft. I think I might do some mode rides on sunday and see how it goes, lyft seems to be on the up and up. thanks again "loose" for posting this....
    My wife also got clearance and did her first drive yesterday. She acutally enjoyed it.

Coincidentally, Lyft's pink color scheme should appeal to the Miata guys.

Liked
    421 times

Can you imagine calling for a pick up and Grant shows up?
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter
    2016 KTM 690 Duke - parked at the dealer

Liked
    140 times

Quote Originally Posted by b3d3g1 View Post
    Can you imagine calling for a pick up and Grant shows up?
    Well I could change my name to Kumar and have a dirty smelly crown vic then I would fit right in....
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    31 times

I qualified for the extension...did my first ride on Tuesday. I did another just for fun last night and the guy actually tipped $5 on an $18 ride

bawareca likes this.
    01 Miata LS - VF Supercharged/6MT with 4.3 Torsen/15x9 6UL/XIDA-S/Sways/Bushings/GTC200 - Buttonwillow 13CW - 2:04.56
    09 WRX - 518whp on Rotated GTX3076R/17x9 DPT/RCE Tarmac 2/Sways/Bushings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3