+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gene Haas on His American F1 Debut

Liked
    854 times

Default Gene Haas on His American F1 Debut

Heard it on the web:

". . . Anyway, Haas admitted that a more pressing matter for the next few weeks is to decide whether he is organizing a team for 2015 or 2016. “I think 2015 is too close and 2016 is too far — that’s kind of where I see it,” he said. “If we wait until 2016 were are going to start delaying and spending even more money because we will be a neutral.” The likely plan, he said, is to pair with a chassis partner like Dallara and “arrive with a car” for the start of the first season.

“We are going to have to beg, borrow and steal to arrive at that first race so we can compete,” said Haas. “I would say we like 2015, but depending upon who we select as our partner, I don’t know if they can provide all of the infrastructure and technology that we need. I think it’s one of those things where we are going to have to find out in the next few weeks,” he added.

Haas said he is expanding his Nascar headquarters in Kannapolis, North Carolina*, to accommodate the F1 team, adding that a satellite base in Europe is also likely. . ."

* Close to Billy J. and Force M?

Liked
    2242 times

And I thought I thrashed to get ready in time for the first race. They face a monumental task.

Liked
    854 times

This could really be a great "story within the story". Good fodder for a budding automotive, non-fiction writer.

+ Reply to Thread