+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: FRS Toyota/ BRZ Spoon's thoughts

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    My race car has windshield wipers.
    Sorry E, maybe that is why the JDM kids don't like your race cars...
    Johnny_Se7en likes this.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2395 times

O my gosh. Spoon Sport Wiper Brade. How can I compete with that. I truly am USDM and not worthy.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

qax
    Liked
    20 times

I wanna see these guys campaigning the 86:
    Opera Performance Honda S2000 - Sport Compact Car Magazine

Liked
    15 times

Spoon?

What about forks and knifes!!?
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    704 times

I've always enjoyed a good spoon . . . wait, what are we talking about?
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    10 times

This thread made my day lol!
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    Spoon?

What about forks and knifes!!?
    Easily solved with a Spork.
    Last edited by FLZ_Boy; 01-10-2013 at 12:22 AM.
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE 2.7L 6AT (w/Convience Package + Preferred Package)
    2000 Ford Fucus ZX3 5MT (I want my MPG! American Style.)
    1994 Toyota Supra 5MT (SZ-R Project Status: Retired, 2012 Speed Ventures Time Trial CC9 Champion)

Liked
    72 times

O my gosh. Spoon Sport Wiper Brade. How can I compete with that. I truly am USDM and not worthy.
    to be fair, you do make 949 valve stem covers. :P
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Andrews View Post
    Touche . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2282 times

Hey, he even make 2 of them per wheel !!
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Working
    Liked
    29 times

I agree. None of my cars have had any spoon parts. They're over priced, and under perform. Again, from an engineering standpoint, I think he has a point, and his opinion shouldn't be dismissed as rubbish. Then again, I have never met the guy, so what do I know, let alone driven for him.

What other parts are there? for 2 years, I drove for / with Opak racing, spoon's soul distributor in the US. They were also the race shop that supported ichi's 25hr campaigns. I have endless hours in their civic, dc5, fit, and tsx. All right hand drive, all built by type one for campaigning the 25 and USTCC. I am very thankful for the opportunity provided by them to spend so much time I. Race cars under the council of some great coaches and team mates, but the cars were nothing special, in fact, the cars were held back by his "philosophy".

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Antonov View Post
    I agree. None of my cars have had any spoon parts. They're over priced, and under perform. Again, from an engineering standpoint, I think he has a point, and his opinion shouldn't be dismissed as rubbish. Then again, I have never met the guy, so what do I know, let alone driven for him.
    Hi Dino, mind to share why you consider him to have a point regarding the toyobaru as sporty but not a sports car? Just for discussion

Working
    Liked
    29 times

Well, thats not what I said. I don't agree with "his point" especially with regards to the cost, he's just not somebody who's opinion I would blindly dismiss.

With relation to the S2000 and why the BRZ is only sporty, I think he's basing his opinion on things like engine, power/weight, double wishbones vs. struts, and of course the fact that the S2000 is a no compromise roadster. For me, for what I'm looking for from a sports car, or track car, I still lean towards the antiquated S2000 for those reasons, and ultimately the way it drives.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for twitchy butts.

Quote Originally Posted by c32b View Post
    Hi Dino, mind to share why you consider him to have a point regarding the toyobaru as sporty but not a sports car? Just for discussion
    psychoazn and JJ1 like this.

Liked
    42 times

Wouldn't the S2000 have been more of a "no-compromise roadster" if it weighed less than 2700lbs on introduction? Wasn't the weight a compromise? Isn't the Elise a "no-compromise roadster" and the S2000 more like a "very good, well-engineered roadster?" This is more my hatred of modern cars weighing so damn much rather an indictment of what you're saying, Dino.

Also, the S2k came on market at the equivalent of ~$17k higher than the BRZ, and left at the equivalent of ~$12k higher. (Adjusted for inflation) Stock BRZ also has a lower cG than an S2k, albeit by something like .19"-.5". Stock for stock, the BRZ will post higher numbers on the skidpad, but that could be a wash due to increases in tire technology.

I'm no fanboy of the ZN6/ZC6, and am an outcast on the FT86 boards because I thought the steering felt dead and the ride was crap in the FR-S I drove, and I thought the S2k I drove had absolutely sublime steering and when it came on cam it was addictive but would be tiring on an all-day backroads blast, but let's be pragmatic about the arguments.

Also, I don't much care for Ichi-san- I understand the point of the video but I like my tuner shop guys to grab the cameraman and bring him over to the newest thing they're working on and be enthusiastic about innovation and the betterment of a craft.
    Last edited by SOneThreeCoupe; 01-12-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    hakeem likes this.

Working
    Liked
    29 times

The S2000 is a no compromise roadster built to a price, which was 32k, I agree, it would be nice if it were a bit lighter, but aside from aluminum construction, I don't really see how Honda could've accomplished that without making it much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post
    Wouldn't the S2000 have been more of a "no-compromise roadster" if it weighed less than 2700lbs on introduction? Wasn't the weight a compromise? Isn't the Elise a "no-compromise roadster" and the S2000 more like a "very good, well-engineered roadster?" This is more my hatred of modern cars weighing so damn much rather an indictment of what you're saying, Dino.

Also, the S2k came on market at the equivalent of ~$17k higher than the BRZ, and left at the equivalent of ~$12k higher. (Adjusted for inflation) Stock BRZ also has a lower cG than an S2k, albeit by something like .19"-.5". Stock for stock, the BRZ will post higher numbers on the skidpad, but that could be a wash due to increases in tire technology.

I'm no fanboy of the ZN6/ZC6, and am an outcast on the FT86 boards because I thought the steering felt dead and the ride was crap in the FR-S I drove, and I thought the S2k I drove had absolutely sublime steering and when it came on cam it was addictive but would be tiring on an all-day backroads blast, but let's be pragmatic about the arguments.

Also, I don't much care for Ichi-san- I understand the point of the video but I like my tuner shop guys to grab the cameraman and bring him over to the newest thing they're working on and be enthusiastic about innovation and the betterment of a craft.

Liked
    1477 times

Too bad Honda didn't make an S2K coupe . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2395 times

You mean we make aluminum valves which are required by some racing organizations like POC, NHRA, VARA, fit them with special high temp cores then yah, add 3whp by pasting our logo on? You bet

Matt Andrews and psychoazn like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    41 times

Quote Originally Posted by SOneThreeCoupe View Post

I have both. The FR-S/BRZ steering is more communicative than the S2k. By far. You can FEEL it in the steering when the front tires lose traction, although it's very muted when the car is stock.

At the bolt-on level, the FR-S/BRZ is almost universally faster. ACS is the only track I have left to test; it's been faster at every other track, including WSIR.

Notes: Both cars on Tein SRCs, Both cars with a (somewhat) proper alignment, both cars with RS3s (225 square on BRZ, 255 square on s2k).
    bellwilliam and Deepdish like this.
    pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

Liked
    72 times

You mean we make aluminum valves which are required by some racing organizations like POC, NHRA, VARA, fit them with special high temp cores then yah, add 3whp by pasting our logo on? You bet

you are too easy. :P
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by psychoazn View Post
    I have both. The FR-S/BRZ steering is more communicative than the S2k. By far. You can FEEL it in the steering when the front tires lose traction, although it's very muted when the car is stock.

At the bolt-on level, the FR-S/BRZ is almost universally faster. ACS is the only track I have left to test; it's been faster at every other track, including WSIR.

Notes: Both cars on Tein SRCs, Both cars with a (somewhat) proper alignment, both cars with RS3s (225 square on BRZ, 255 square on s2k).
    And that's with a 50hp advantage to the s2k even...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast