+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By ucfbrett
  • 1 Post By bellwilliam
  • 1 Post By Olitho
  • 1 Post By thepass

Thread: Fourth-Generation Miata to Debut via Simultaneous Global Events on Three Continents

Liked
    2243 times

Default Fourth-Generation Miata to Debut via Simultaneous Global Events on Three Continents

IRVINE, Calif., July 3, 2014 -- This fall, 25 years of storied MX-5 Miata history will turn the page to unveil the beginning of its fourth chapter as the next-generation roadster will be rumor no more during simultaneous global events in Japan, Spain and the United States. Officially confirmed as a 2016 model, the all-new MX-5 coyly made an initial debut at this year's New York International Auto Show in the form of an exposed SKYACTIV-CHASSIS. MX-5 historians eagerly scribbled notes, snapped photos and speculated on what the final product would be. On September 3, 2014 speculation will shift into revelation during an exclusive event to be held in Monterey, Calif.

"We're excited to make this official, to announce that the newest member of the MX-5 Miata family will be arriving soon," said Jim O'Sullivan, president and CEO, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO). "Along with our colleagues around the world, we continue to celebrate the MX-5's 25th anniversary and look forward to sharing even more news in the near future."

In addition to the global unveil of the 2016 MX-5 Miata, MNAO has partnered with the enthusiast-operated event eponymously known as Miatas at Mazda Raceway, which will be held on September 5-7. The next-generation roadster will be on display along with an array of heritage, concept and motorsports MX-5s. MNAO also will lead consumer discussion sessions covering history, motorsports, R&D and design as well as coordinate one of the largest gatherings of MX-5 Miatas in North America. Registration for the annual event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit Miatas at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Liked
    2283 times

Ha, Red_5 was right !! We will all be at Laguna for a Miata only weekend. Including over 1,000
    Hair dressers for a for a world Guinness record. And Mazda will debute the new car
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 07-03-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    Olitho likes this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2165 times

I predict the new 2016 Miata will weigh 4,000 lbs with seat heaters, backup cameras, electric folding mirrors, built in hair dryer, vanity cabinet and the like.

I predict I will come back with a new hair style that looks like this:
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by Olitho; 07-03-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    MikeColangelo likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    543 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    built in hair dryer:
    Please Mazda let it be so!

Looks like I'm taking more time off from work, past years I'd drive up Friday - there was just a big BBQ in the afternoon for those who were in town already, but now Friday is going to be a huge day all to it itself with the world record attempt and ND unveiling.

-Ryan
    Olitho likes this.
    Ryan Passey
    Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
    "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

Liked
    4 times

Sweetness

Liked
    115 times

You can definitely hear the turbo in the video