+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Formula 1 Teams break away from the FIA

Liked
    1 times

Default Formula 1 Teams break away from the FIA

"The crashes people remember, but drivers remember the near misses" -Mario Andretti

Liked
    0 times

God dammit! This is turning into a re-run of the whole IRL vs CART fiasco. The FIA is completely off base and absolutely retarded. If this is allowed to happen it will be the demise of formula one racing, which happens to be the OLDEST (and almost certainly most important) racing series in the world. Just pathetic...

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
    God dammit! This is turning into a re-run of the whole IRL vs CART fiasco. The FIA is completely off base and absolutely retarded. If this is allowed to happen it will be the demise of formula one racing, which happens to be the OLDEST (and almost certainly most important) racing series in the world. Just pathetic...

Just wait a few years for Bernie to die and everything will be back to normal. In the meantime, enjoy the new series

Liked
    72 times

honestly, if the series splits, in the near term, the people that will suffer is the fans. It will take time to get the right coverage, processes, and TRADITION that F1 has had. I hope thye figure it out. hell, half the fun of F1 is the court cases. :P

Liked
    0 times

lets just hope they can get this right as fast as speed world challenge got it wrong. I have to admit, the whole thing seems way too formulated and a new series sounds great

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
    lets just hope they can get this right as fast as speed world challenge got it wrong. I have to admit, the whole thing seems way too formulated and a new series sounds great
    It sounds great until there are two series running, both kind of half assed battling for tracks and schedules and making things miserable for each other. According to the release yesterday Williams, Force India and 8 other teams are going to be sticking with the old F1. No idea who the 8 other teams could be at this point, but it would definitely suck to have an IRL/CART type scenario going on.

Liked
    0 times

but without the FIA think of how many more tracks they would have the opportunity to run. I'm always hearing announcers speak about this or that track, saying "if only they could get the track up to FIA standards". Why would anyone want to watch a series with all new teams and past backrunners anyways?

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
    but without the FIA think of how many more tracks they would have the opportunity to run. I'm always hearing announcers speak about this or that track, saying "if only they could get the track up to FIA standards". Why would anyone want to watch a series with all new teams and past backrunners anyways?
    I don't know enough about the FIA regulations regarding tracks; my guess is it's probably as corrupt as everything else the FIA seems to be involved with and lots of dark parking garages, briefcases and handshakes are involved between Bernie and track owners.

The old F1 is definitely going to suck if this happens. Williams is a shadow of its former glorious self, Force India is well...Force India, and the other 8 mystery teams probably suck too.

Liked
    0 times

i sure hope those american teams that were going to join arent in the 8.

Liked
    114 times

If you're referring to the break a way "8", USF1 is not a part of that group, although I'm thinking right about now, they wish they were.

Max Mosley is truly the culprit in this fiasco. His lack of corporate operations knowledge has placed him in a $65 million budget bind he cannot back out of.

The new teams are expecting him to stick to that budget number-the manufacturers cannot legally agree to this budget as it would mean infringing on union rights (Germany & Toyota, France& Renault) regulating the percentage of employees that can be released on a yearly basis.

Bernie’s' up ****s' creek if, in fact, FOTA (Major Manufacturers, Ferrari) do create their own series. He bought the rights to F1 (2 billion for 100yrs)from the FIA mind you, sold it to another company (CVC) and is now CEO of that company in charge of recouping that 2billon+ he sold the rights for. That's why he's dumping traditional tracks (Imola, Silverstone)and looking for all of these gov't-backed races in the far-east willing to pay out the ass for the "privilege" to host a race.

Seriously, I see this as an awesome opportunity in which the pinnacle of racing (GP1 if you like) can take control of its own destiny-just like NASCAR. The tracks that they race on would be up to THEIR standards; the hosting fees would be SUBSTANTIALLY lower, which would translate to lower ticket prices. It would also mean the reinstatement of North American Grand Prix.

I just hope they don't cave.
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 06-20-2009 at 03:14 AM.

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
    If you're referring to the break a way "8", USF1 is not a part of that group, although I'm thinking right about now, they wish they were.

Max Mosley is truly the culprit in this fiasco. His lack of corporate operations knowledge has placed him in a $65 million budget bind he cannot back out of.

The new teams are expecting him to stick to that budget number-the manufacturers cannot legally agree to this budget as it would mean infringing on union rights (Germany & Toyota, France& Renault) regulating the percentage of employees that can be released on a yearly basis.

Bernie’s' up ****s' creek if, in fact, FOTA (Major Manufacturers, Ferrari) do create their own series. He bought the rights to F1 (2 billion for 100yrs)from the FIA mind you, sold it to another company (CVC) and is now CEO of that company in charge of recouping that 2billon+ he sold the rights for. That's why he's dumping traditional tracks (Imola, Silverstone)and looking for all of these gov't-backed races in the far-east willing to pay out the ass for the "privilege" to host a race.

Seriously, I see this as an awesome opportunity in which the pinnacle of racing (GP1 if you like) can take control of its own destiny-just like NASCAR. The tracks that they race on would be up to THEIR standards; the hosting fees would be SUBSTANTIALLY lower, which would translate to lower ticket prices. It would also mean the reinstatement of North American Grand Prix.

+1

Working
    Liked
    29 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post

:agree:

Hopefully it doesn't go south :fingerscrossed:

Liked
    2283 times

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...399633,00.html
    looks like it is over. FOTA wins for now (I am sure Max or Bernie will find a way to screw them very soon).

The following teams have been accepted for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship according to FIA

Team (Constructor)
    Scuderia Ferrari Malboro (Ferrari)
    Vodafone McLaren Mercedes (McLaren Mercedes)
    BMW Sauber F1 Team (BMW Sauber)
    Renault F1 Team (Renault)
    Panasonic Toyota Racing (Toyota)
    Scuderia Toro Rosso (STR TBA)
    Red Bull Racing (RBR TBA)
    AT&T Williams (Williams Toyota)
    Force India F1 Team (Force India Mercedes)
    Brawn GP Formula One Team (Brawn TBA)
    Campos Meta Team (Campos Cosworth)
    Manor Grand Prix (Manor Cosworth)
    Team US F1 (Team US F1 Cosworth)
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    0 times

very nice

Liked
    20 times

Sweet!

As far as I'm concerned the teams were always going to get rid of me in October, well they still are.
    ahahah, just had to laugh at that!

Liked
    114 times

I hope FOTA got what they wanted. The FIA (Max Mosley) have valid points as to the direction F1 needs to follow-the execution is where he was completely off. That guys' ego is one of THE worst I've ever witnessed-musta' got it from his dad (If you don't know him wiki him for a shock)! Kinda have mixed emotions...while I would have LOVED to see where FOTA was planning to go, trackwise, overall for that matter, I'm glad to see the TEAMS of F1 staying together.

Speaking of teams, I wonder what's going through the minds at Prodrive and Lola.

Lola thought they were slick, withdrawing for the F1 championship and denouncing the FIA and siding with FOTA in anticipation of joining the breakaway series. They've been completely shut out, LOL!

I don't exactly know what Prodrive is thinking. A week and a half ago they were baffled by the team selection the FIA made, wondering why they where left out. Well with controlled budget caps off the table, I'm thinking they're happy to not be apart of the 2010 season. Funny, Richards and P.D. probably have THE best backers of every team, bar Ferrari.
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 06-25-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Liked
    114 times

Default Oh Noooooos!!!!

This guy just won't die!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76529

Here comes part two of the saga!

Liked
    20 times

Good Lord, Max just wont let it go! He is STILL letting his ego dictate his actions.

Furthermore, you have suggested to the media that I was a 'dictator', an accusation which is grossly insulting
    Nope just the son of a radical Fascist

Liked
    114 times

LOL!!! Nice, BOWERSdaAZIAN. I can't believe others in the media aren't jumpin all over this!

+ Reply to Thread