+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By fatbillybob
  • 1 Post By robburgoon
  • 1 Post By MikeColangelo
  • 1 Post By MikeColangelo

Thread: Ford gt 350 owners are hot and bothered

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,003
    Liked
    887 times

    Default Ford gt 350 owners are hot and bothered

    Oh well. At least it's an easier fix than cooling the supercharged C7:

    2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 owners suing Ford, say 'track-ready' cars overheat too quickly

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    20 times

    Default

    Oh well, I thought it was only oil temp.
    Tranny and rear diff are overheating.
    Last edited by jqsti2015; 03-26-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    VA(15) STI/FRS

  3. #3
    Senior Member fatbillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    by the beach
    Posts
    2,087
    Liked
    1720 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Oh well. At least it's an easier fix than cooling the supercharged C7:

    2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 owners suing Ford, say 'track-ready' cars overheat too quickly
    Actually the corvette aftermarket has already again fixed GMs mistakes. As a vette racer since the c5 we all know what to expect and how gm works when it comes to the vette. With the c7 there was hope but no surprises at the faliure. Im sure the real mustang guys who would buy a gt350 know Ford too. The guys suing are probably whinners...
    bawareca likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,008
    Liked
    1495 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Actually the corvette aftermarket has already again fixed GMs mistakes. As a vette racer since the c5 we all know what to expect and how gm works when it comes to the vette. With the c7 there was hope but no surprises at the faliure. Im sure the real mustang guys who would buy a gt350 know Ford too. The guys suing are probably whinners...
    Meh. I think it's good thing. I hate shady marketing.

    Carl, don't you think the C5 was a good one?
    Loose Caboose likes this.

  5. #5
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,639
    Liked
    2356 times

    Default

    Proving yet again that ...

    Favorable
    Operation
    Requires
    Determination

    All in fun. I admire what Ford has done over the years. Track use is hard on a car, and limp mode is the company's way of keeping a car together. Better that than engine failure. I'm sure the aftermarket or Ford Performance can fix what ails the GT350, which is a wonderful machine when not in limp mode.

  6. #6
    Senior Member fatbillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    by the beach
    Posts
    2,087
    Liked
    1720 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post

    Carl, don't you think the C5 was a good one?
    It was a good start. It had its own issues with cooling, brakes, etc. The aftermarket fixed them all and key scca racers like buttermore had positive influence in gm too. Then low hanging fruit like me basically had a recipe for success with little testing. Mustang guys have a similar network.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    20 times

    Default

    Focus RS is overheating with RDU rear diff(only can run 10min) and no solution yet. Aftermarket cooler cannot cure the overheating.
    GT350 owner is lucky. What about focus RS owner?
    How hard could it be to fix "overheating" issue?
    Don't they find out the problem while testing the prototype since they usually hire pro drivers to test it?
    Last edited by jqsti2015; 03-27-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    VA(15) STI/FRS

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    836
    Liked
    277 times

    Default

    So you're saying that the value of my 2012 Mustang Boss 302 is now increasing?
    Olitho likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    836
    Liked
    277 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Proving yet again that ...

    Favorable
    Operation
    Requires
    Determination

    All in fun. I admire what Ford has done over the years. Track use is hard on a car, and limp mode is the company's way of keeping a car together. Better that than engine failure. I'm sure the aftermarket or Ford Performance can fix what ails the GT350, which is a wonderful machine when not in limp mode.
    I prefer:

    First
    On
    Race
    Day

    :-)
    Olitho likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts