+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: Ford Flex

Liked
    456 times

Default Ford Flex

Anyone have any experiance with a Ford Flex? While I know it might be a candidate for Richards ugliest car poll, it looks like a better choice then a mini-van to haul grandkids around in.

craZee

Liked
    708 times

I like the looks of the Flex but it doesn't have sliding doors which makes loading kids in parking lots much easier. We bought an Odyssey when our second child was on the way. I think the Odyssey is a great vehicle for kids especially with the power sliding side doors. Down side is that it gets crappy mileage and can't tow much.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    2262 times

Others may differ, but I think they're very cool. I haven't driven one, but we looked at them at a show or showroom, I can't remember which. Nicely appointed, lots of room and different from everything else on the road. It's also a good candidate for customization.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Others may differ, but I think they're very cool.
    "We're the cool Moms!"
    ucfbrett and JJ1 like this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    557 times

I think they are cool but I'm struggling with the fact that by the time you tinker with it you end up awfully close to 40 grand...

Steve

Liked
    114 times

I'd done a partial road show with the Flex a few years back. Spent a good 6-weeks with the Flex driving to different cities throughout the country. I gotta say, me and the wifey came away very excited about the Flex, as we were starting a family and knew we'd need a vehicle that could do it all. At the time, it'd tow 5000+ lbs and had room for car seats and guest-and it would do it all comfortably.

I knew that the Eco-boost engine was on its way and I was expecting better gas mileage/higher towing capacity. Welp, Ford let us down, miserably! The tow and gas ratings drop was so substantial, it push itself out of our benchmarks.

Shame. They would have had another converted euro customer. Looks like I'm leaning towards a Cayenne.

+ Reply to Thread