+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Ferrari vs. Lambo, do pedigree or racing matters ?

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    As if . . .

Attachment 11361

I wasn't referring to your supermodel - I was talking about everyone else's supermodel experience.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    585 times

To be honest, if I have my druthers, I much prefer driving the classic GT's -- while I've never driven a Daytona, I've driven a 365GTC/4 (which is essentially a 2+2 Daytona hit with an ugly stick), and a 330, and lordy, if you've never driven an older carbed v12... do it.

Steve

Liked
    724 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    As if . . .

Attachment 11361
    Is this model only available at the Nevada location of Exotics?
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    764 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    Isn't the real point of supercars to drive something fast, powerful, loud, wild, wacky, and virtually out of this world?

I used to be all about performance and numbers. Heck, I went to school in Germany for a year. But as I got older I came to realize all these exotics are stupid fast for street cars, so what difference do the numbers make? It's the visceral feel, the sound, the smell, and the beauty.

Race cars are for going fast, supercars are for feeling fast

Steve
    I never saw the point to 'exotics'. They remind me of a peacock, beautiful in some aspects, useless in others. My genetics and occupation ingrained form>function. If you gave me a choice to drive a Ferrari and an a Lambo, I would take the Ferrari. I appreciate the styling and heritage. If you added a Porsche to the choices, I would take that.

I grew up in Detroit, around econobox rally cars, exotics weren't impressive to me. :shug:
    bawareca likes this.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    1583 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    I never saw the point to 'exotics'. They remind me of a peacock, beautiful in some aspects, useless in others. My genetics and occupation ingrained form>function. If you gave me a choice to drive a Ferrari and an a Lambo, I would take the Ferrari. I appreciate the styling and heritage. If you added a Porsche to the choices, I would take that.

I grew up in Detroit, around econobox rally cars, exotics weren't impressive to me. :shug:
    Ferrari never intended their cars to be exotics just superior cars and superior compromises to be a Ferrari. All the 275gtb's and 250 GTO multi-million dollars Ferraris of today in the 60's were just driven by guys willing or able to spend more cash. Unfortunately I'm old enough to know some of them. They drove the cars the way Enzo intended. There are many of us left who l use these tools as intended. I sold one of my 550's to a friend in Eastern Canada. He drove it from California to Canada in the winter not even thinking twice. I still have a Maranello and it goes on track as often as the Ex-sherrif of trackHQ. There is plenty of "function" in a Ferrari. It is the silly people that want to treat Ferrari's like super models.

IMG_20150112_093043.jpg
    bawareca, Schmoe Money and deng like this.

Liked
    2305 times

Richard's clown car comment is spot on. It seems to me Lambos are designed to be as "out there" as possible for the sole purpose of being out there. I think Ferrari makes much more beautiful cars. More organic, refined, flowing, shapely. My son seems to be drawn to the outlandishness of the Lambos.

Cars are a lot like women, for me, if it doesn't make me want to walk across the room and introduce myself, I'm not really interested.

I was lucky enough to drive a 458, too. Such a cool car and I'd own strictly for the noise it makes. Although, if I had made enough money to buy a supercar, I'd start with the Mercedes Benz AMG GT. Egads, what a car. My second supercar would be a Ferrari.

Liked
    585 times

So with all this talk, is anyone bored enough to break out their 12 cylinder car and take a poor old invalid for a drive? I've driven my Dad's SSR around a bit, but its main attribute is that it's....weird.

Steve
    Red_5 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2