+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F-ing LA Drivers

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Default F-ing LA Drivers

At least he has insurance and it is very clear that he changed lanes into me. But damn this sucks.

Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    103 times

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! seeing as how i live in the same area as you, and havea new car, i wouldve flipped my lid! where exactly did this happen?

Liked
    1 times

Burbank. The guy merged onto the road from the freeway on-ramp and cut across three lanes to the far left lane where I was at. Didn't look once.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    103 times

^real classy....what a idiot. what car was he driving?

Liked
    1477 times

I don't think it's L.A. drivers per se. 99.999% of drivers all over the USA have minus zero driving skills.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    103 times

^pretty much

Liked
    1 times

Yeah, I guess just about any body who is driving a corolla can be lumped into that category.

Good thing my insurance will let me take it to the BMW Dealership's body shop so I can be sure to get all original parts.

Liked
    97 times

Shet that sucks. Did he hit your wheel too or just fender?
    Last edited by pucsicsal; 08-18-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Liked
    1 times

yeah, wheel got a bit messed up as well. definitely getting an alignment and a new wheel out of it.

Liked
    299 times

aww man. You just got the car too if i remember correctly. Sorry to see this happen to you. Insurance and Dealer should take care of you no problem.

I too dislike LA drivers in particular. I see people tailgate too closesly during rushhour causing 3-4 car accident. One time i saw someone spin out 360 on the freeway by just locking up the brakes. Don't know how they didn't take out anyone else. People behind and side of him had to evasive maneuver. Saw a crash happen right in front of me twice. And then more people locking up brakes because not giving the front people enough room and misjudging their reaction time for stopped traffic. I make sure I give plenty of space in front of me. I know i can stop in time, im just worried about the people behind who don't have quick reactions, ****ty tires, ****ty brakes. I had to evasive maneuver twice in 1 week. One for someone suddenly stopping dead in their tracks on main road during traffic because they suddenly saw street parking. Another was for a freeway jam that i absolutely could not see and no indication whatsoever of traffic stopped on freeway. Only my lane was stopped. He swerved his porsche panamera at last possible second missing car in front by a few feet and i had 5 car lengths in back of him and had to react within 1s or else i would have had an impact. So we both dodged the van in our next lane, him front the front and me from behind. People are seriously testing me. -__-End rant. lol.
    Last edited by Pure EvoIX; 08-18-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    1 times

Yeah, we all have our battle stories to tell. My worst was being three cars back from a fatal accident and witnessing the whole thing. I was even almost called to court as a witness.

Good times on the crazy public roads. So much safer on the track.

Liked
    977 times

Since moving to the US and A, I have constantly been bewildered by the need for drivers to quickly beeline for the left lane then cruise at 50mph. In England we have a much stricter sense of 'far lane is for overtaking only'.

Sorry about the car AK

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Since moving to the US and A, I have constantly been bewildered by the need for drivers to quickly beeline for the left lane then cruise at 50mph. In England we have a much stricter sense of 'far lane is for overtaking only'.
    So true. In addition: "The difference between European drivers and American drivers is that European drivers don't care if their brakes squeal, just as long as they stop the car. American drivers don't care if the brakes stop the car, just as long as they don't squeal."

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    142 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I don't think it's L.A. drivers per se. 99.999% of drivers all over the USA have minus zero driving skills.
    OK of a population of 311,800,000 only 3118 know how to drive?
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    1477 times

You're right, it's an underestimate. 99.9999% can't drive.

Liked
    142 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    You're right, it's an underestimate. 99.9999% can't drive.
    LADOT says that there are 2499764 registered vehicles in LA and 1977308 are cars so that means that there are 19.7 people that can drive, no wonder my insurance is so high.

So if there are more than 20 THQ drivers in in LA someone can't drive.
    Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 08-18-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    641 times

I cant drive at all,but i got lucky all the time

Liked
    704 times

There is some lack of understanding as to who has the yield sign. I almost had the same thing happen to me today but was able to brake in time. When I honked, the guy gave me the "why ya honkin' at me?" look.

People pulling on the freeway often never look, they just hit the gas and expect others to get out of the way. This is particularly fun when towing.

Sorry you got hit. At least it's just cosmetic.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

+ Reply to Thread