+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackbird
  • 1 Post By Johns_EvoIXSE
  • 2 Post By Chris@Xtremespeed
  • 1 Post By Chris@Xtremespeed

Thread: Extreme Timeattack at willow springs in October?

Liked
    72 times

Default Extreme Timeattack at willow springs in October?

I saw this on Facebook. Apparently there is another "time attack" organization trying to run events. Anyone know these guys? Mid October seems like a good time to take the fr-s with some changes to big willow, so I could be talke d into going if others I knew were going to be there.

Any thq'er going to be there? Or anyone know the organizers?

Extremetimeattack.com

On a completely diffent subject, why do all time attack groups have to have such cheesy titles? The time attack term has so jumped the shark to me. Extreme, battle, real, attack, redline (sorry Chris ), super, world , etc. My street car is not wheel to wheel,and TT groups with NASA don
    T get that much track time by comparison, so other than speedventures, which I love for being unassuming, where else can you go to compete if you don't want to carry a energy drink and wear a flat brimmed hat like Clint?
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1883 times

The answer to the second part of your post is "the speed of backwards"

Moti
    Matt Andrews likes this.

Liked
    704 times

These guys are different from Extremespeed?

Matt, aren't you a little young to be using the "jump the shark" metaphor?
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

JJ1
    Liked
    177 times

It seems to be affiliated with extreme speed. If you click to register, it prompts you to sign up at extremespeed. Maybe this is the new redline time attack?

Liked
    51 times

Yes, a series that is being run as part of an extreme speed event. No seperate sessions for time attack runs. Basically sign up and your best times from certain run sessions are used to determine a winner in each group.

Liked
    299 times

I have ran with extremespeed for 2 years. ETA is part of extreme speed. IT IS NOT the new Redline Time Attack. This is where it gets confusing. Basically same group having 2 different Time Attack Series. Not sure why its redundant. On the other hand RTA just got acquired and ETA has started this year. So its not like they intended all this time for 2 Time Attack Series. How ETA works is that there will be 2 sessions within the track day where you run your best laps to count for ETA. So there is seperate sessions. There will be 2 Street/ 2 Tuner / 2 Unlimited run groups within the extremespeed HPDE track day. Only times within those 2 sessions will count for your official ETA time in w/e class you are in.

Edit: The price to compete in ETA is the same exact price as you pay as if you were to register for a regular track day. So its absolutely FREE!! No strings attached. There is contingency prizes for 1st and 2nd if you run certain decals. More information is on their website. Or you can email them for more details.
    Last edited by Pure EvoIX; 09-05-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    1477 times

I think we need Chris Willard to post up and explaind this all. Chris?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    41 times

ETA is ETA, while RTA is RTA. They're functioning independently of each other. Chris is running RTA, and consulting for ETA which is run by Extreme Speed, is my understanding.
    pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Chris@Xtremespeed's Avatar
    Liked
    48 times

It's pretty simple. ETA is a part of Extreme Speed Track Events. ETA was created to add some competition to your otherwise normal HPDE event. We did have plans to move ETA into more of a stand alone Time Attack series. However, since I have acquired the Redline brand, ETA will not become a stand alone time attack series. RLTA will take over that position while ETA may still continue on next year as part of Extreme Speeds' normal HPDE events.

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ OK, so what's happening with RLTA? Where and when is the first event of the resurrection of RTLA?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    76 times

I got to admit the price point for ETA, contingencies, and trophies/medals are great! Good value and a overall fun competition. We need faster guys to come out though! The times for the some of the winners back for last month's event were a little on the slow side excluding AWD of course
    psychoazn likes this.

Liked
    48 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    ^^^ OK, so what's happening with RLTA? Where and when is the first event of the resurrection of RTLA?
    First RLTA event will be November 18 at Buttonwillow, but it's only an exhibition event. We don't even have the rules all worked out yet, and I'm still working on a new website as well. Lots of work to do... We'll start our 2013 season in March at Buttonwillow. We already have some great venues set up for next year. A full schedule will be announced next month, but look for AutoClub, Chuckwalla, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, and of course Willowsprings big track. We're even talking to Laguna Seca. Sorry, no east cost events planned yet for next year but we do plan to expand back out there as soon as possible.
    psychoazn and Pure EvoIX like this.

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

^ that sounds awesome!!
    Jairo "Hido" J

Gamble It Films!
    http://www.GambleItFilms.blogspot.com

Liked
    72 times

Thanks for the info. I didn't make the extreme speed connection. I won't hesitate to run Chris' events.

As a side note, the times for the extrtemetime attack are made during open track sessions, right? If so, I like this format better than the controlled release of cars like in the old rlta. More like qualifying. Assuming open passing and competent drivers on track, I'll take this format and the challenge of finding space to lay downtimes.

I'll try and have my fr-s updates done and make the big willow event. Anyone else here want to come out and make a strong thq showing?

Oh- and Chris, sorry about the comment on the naming conventions. didn't realize it was you behind the curtain.
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    48 times

Hey Matt, just to clarify; the time attack sessions are open passing sessions that we grid by lap times. We limit the amount of cars to around 15 or so per time attack session. It's a 15 min session and there are only two time attack session that count toward your final time. This next event will be a part of our normal HPDE event so please don't expect a stand alone time attack event. All in all, it's a great low priced event. It'd be awesome to have you out! And please don't apologize to me about how we name this stuff. Blame my wife Laura, she started it all when she came up with the name "Redline Track Events" over 10 years ago...LOL

'
    J. Tyler likes this.

Liked
    15 times

Yes we got matt andrews on board now =)
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Xtremespeed View Post
    First RLTA event will be November 18 at Buttonwillow, but it's only an exhibition event. We're even talking to Laguna Seca.
    Did they pass on my trophy from the finals in 2007?

Liked
    76 times

Ill be there on the 13th :-)

Liked
    6 times

Here is an easy way to stay up to day with it as well.

Extreme Time Attack | Facebook

+ Reply to Thread