+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eight Killed, 12 Injured at California off-Road Race

Liked
    34 times

Default Eight Killed, 12 Injured at California off-Road Race

Liked
    708 times

Wow, that's horrible. I was just watching a show on the Baja 1000 and wondered how often spectators are killed/injured. It's like the same thing here, vehicles flying down a course lined with spectators with no protection. It's a shame it happened.

e

Liked
    15 times

Thats a bummer but I do believe there are lots of injuries and deaths that go unreported in offroad racing(mainly in the mexico races) due to vehicle crashes and drunk spectators that think it would be cool to try to race trucks on their quads.

On a more positive offroad note I do believe we should have our own trackhq member to root for in the Baja 1000 this year

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    Thats a bummer but I do believe there are lots of injuries and deaths that go unreported in offroad racing(mainly in the mexico races) due to vehicle crashes and drunk spectators that think it would be cool to try to race trucks on their quads.

On a more positive offroad note I do believe we should have our own trackhq member to root for in the Baja 1000 this year
    I volunteer all 70 horses of my Geo Prizm
    Hella Functional

Liked
    1477 times

My condolences to the families of the victims. So sad, and just a freak accident.

This kind of thing just encourages the authorities to clamp down on racing. The sooner this story goes away, the better.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1430 times

I love the notes at the end about illegal drag racing and all of the convictions. Spin much?

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    My condolences to the families of the victims. So sad, and just a freak accident.

This kind of thing just encourages the authorities to clamp down on racing. The sooner this story goes away, the better.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    I love the notes at the end about illegal drag racing and all of the convictions. Spin much?
    Isn't there always? I read an article eight or nine months ago about a chop shop who's front was a car tuning business. In the article a detective was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'most of these import car guys street race and have stolen parts.' Many people do their research of modern racing via the Fast and Furious franchise
    Hella Functional

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post

I ride motorcycles out in that whole Lucerne/Johnson Valley area several times a year with my boys. In September my son Kristjan will be riding in the 2010/2011 SCTA season opener.

I have watched all sorts of racing out there, too. All I can say is I always watch if from a safe distance, usually from atop one of the large protective rock outcroppings.

My condolences go out to those who got injured and killed, but the insanity of those people line the course so closely is foolish. Once the dust kicks up it is like trying to race our cars through the fog with lights on at night. You just can't see anything.

+ Reply to Thread