+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: East Coast Track Day Fees, CRAZY!!!

Liked
    744 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
    OOOH! OK, Mr. Fancy-pants-care to share?
    Friends-with-benefits. It's a lot more casual, atmosphere-wise, not safety. Look up Jzilla Trackdays. He's a good friend of mine and all-around good dude.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    744 times

OK, so I've been in Florida for a few weeks now, and as an addict, I had to search out my new "pushers". You know you can search them out on the interwebs now, so one nite, while I was having a hard time getting to sleep, I headed to my office and locked the door behind me.

I knew I shouldn't have been doing what I was about to do, but we as "addicts" can get that itch at any time. Well, don't you know, my wife ran in and broke the door down (she's German) worried to death that something horrible had happen to her man. Well, it did, and it went something like this...

Me sobbing, "They want $375 a DAY to run at Sebring, sniff, sniff!" "That's a two-day and gas money and a chicken sammich and MAYBE a Gatoraide at Buttonwillow-with SPEEDVENTURES, for crying out loud!"

Well, my wife, being the caring, thoughtful soul she is, simply nuzzled up to me and held me-just held me till' the crying stop. Guess it's back to rehab!

Yo, looks like the east coast is riddled with these high cost HPDEs (R.A., Birmingham, AMP). I'm thinking, there needs to be a revolution like the one that occurred a few years ago in Cali.

...AND NO, honey-that's just asbestos on my nose-nothing to worry about!
    Just my opinion, but $375 for Sebring is pretty stupid.

I have seen a day at VIR go for significantly less, using the Grand (full) course. Road Atlanta, too. Keep an eye on Roebling, Barber, Little Talladega, CMP. I have *heard* about track days at Charlotte, sort of similar to running Auto Club, but I haven't looked into it because there are more entertaining tracks available.

AMP is entertaining, but tight. It's still a 'country club', so HPDEs vary by cost and relationships between the HPDE stager and the track. I think the event I am running is $255 for everyone else. It has a set amount of people allowed, and you have to be somewhat vetted or referred to keep the level of douchebaggery to a minimum. Not braggin or being elitist, it's just how he runs his track days. I also have a close friend with an enormous house on the lake nearby, so my accommodations are cheap. I remember a couple of people from FL driving up there for the one I did last autumn. Orlando, IIRC.
    Last edited by Force McCocken; 08-16-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    2GRX7 likes this.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    744 times

As for VIR, hit up pyr0monkey (Andy). I think he and his family have bonding time at VIR. I swear he practically lives there.

RA, AMP, Roebling, and Barber are probably your best bets coming from FL because they are relatively close to I-95, I-85 or I-75.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    Friends-with-benefits. It's a lot more casual, atmosphere-wise, not safety. Look up Jzilla Trackdays. He's a good friend of mine and all-around good dude.
    Wow, oh WOW! OK, let's break this down....

- Friends-with-benefits
    - He's a good friend of mine
    - And the name; Force McCocken

I'm thinking, you're living up to the name! Then again, "with benefits", has me thinking your first name should be EASE! LOL! Sorry! TOO easy a set-up!

Seriously, I agree. $375 for a day at the bumpiest track in America is crazy-that's why I had to show this one to Track HQ.

Have you been to Roebling Rd? It's 30 min from the in-laws, so i have a place to stay.

I really want to get out to Barber. That just looks like a hoot to drive!
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 08-16-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Liked
    2243 times

Barber is, well, ****ing fantastic. I only got a couple of laps in with a rental Nissan Altima (wholly ill-suited to the task), but it's a bucket list track for sure. Great flow and lots of fun and challenging elevation change. Go, but don't go two or four off. The track charges drivers who tear up the Bermuda grass.

Liked
    744 times

Wow, oh WOW! OK, let's break this down....

- Friends-with-benefits
    - He's a good friend of mine
    - And the name; Force McCocken

I'm thinking, you're living up to the name! Then again, "with benefits", has me thinking your first name should be EASE! LOL! Sorry! TOO easy a set-up!

Seriously, I agree. $375 for a day at the bumpiest track in America is crazy-that's why I had to show this one to Track HQ.

Have you been to Roebling Rd? It's 30 min from the in-laws, so i have a place to stay.

I really want to get out to Barber. That just looks like a hoot to drive!
    How YOU doin'?

Haven't been to Roebling in a looong time, so I don't remember much of it. I like the area and it is a little closer that RA and AMP because of my proximity to I 40 and I 95.

Barber is VERY much on my list.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2243 times

Roebling looks like a very basic track, but I'm told it's lots of fun to drive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2