+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Driver meltdown

Liked
    1720 times

Default Driver meltdown

Well Im not on track. We work so hard to get our cars prepped. What sucks is when our bodies breakdown and we get stuff like the flu. Lame lame lame! What is worse is knowing the worst is yet to come with my early flu diagnosis. It too shall pass but what a hassle! Drink your vitamin C and stay away from sick people. We only got about 2 months more and the cold season will be dwindling.
    SteveLevin and bawareca like this.

Liked
    810 times

Just had it. Unusual symptoms, lasted 3-4 days. I can't remember the last time I had the flu, but this one wasn't so bad. I know others who were down a a week or more.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    765 times

That sucks. I've had better luck staying healthy taking vitamin D3. I usually take 4000IU daily during our fall and winter and drop down to 2000IU in spring and summer. The only time I've gotten more than a sniffle since starting this was in December when we evacuated and I forgot to bring my vitamins. We were living out of a hotel with lots of kids around, not eating well and drinking too much which lead to poor sleep. When I felt it coming on I ran to the store and bought more vitamin D and took about 15000 IU. I still got by something pretty hard but it only lasted 24 hours or so.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor nor do I do anything in the health field, just sharing my experience.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

likes to left foot brake. passmenow's Avatar
    Liked
    99 times

I was telling a physical trainer that it seemed I always got sick after going to the Gym for a month.
    He goes to Gym 5 days a week and dosent get sick.
    He said he thought pro-biotics helped him fight off the gym germs.

I got the flu shot this year but its only 10% effective.
    Drink all the water you can...
    74 911 RSR+.
    88 Imsa Camaro.
    93 Imsa Camaro.

Liked
    2358 times

I got clobbered twice in the last month and a half by what was either a powerful cold or an annoying flu. No fever or nausea or diarrhea, but egads, body aches to my very core, and a cough from deep within. And it hung on for three, four days.

I'm just now emerging from cold 2.0, and thinking we need to adopt the Japanese custom of bowing rather than shaking hands.

Liked
    887 times

And the face masks are not a bad idea.

Japanese-Pedestrians-Walking-Surgical-Masks.jpg

Liked
    810 times

What passmenow said. When the fever hit last Friday, I drank about 4-6 liters of water/day. I think it helped a LOT. My nephew in FL lost his school's Principal to one of the bugs last month.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    887 times

A horrible centennial.

100 years ago the whole world was paralyzed with abject fear as death stalked the planet.

Spanish Flu - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
    MikeColangelo likes this.

Liked
    278 times

There's more than just the flu going around right now. I came down with what I now think was just a bad cold a couple of weeks ago. Symptoms were more cold-like than flu-like. Lasted about 5 days and I missed two days of work because of it.

Liked
    609 times

I picked up that bad cold from a doctor during a hospital stay last week. The worst part for me is that it triggered some lond of asthma attack, which had led to me coughing to the point that not oly was it painful but I could not catch my breath (the liver cirrhosis altrady creates a scenario where my blood's ability to carry oxygen is vastly impaired).

So, of course, I end up back in the hospital -- but just for a few hours in the ER. But it definitely has been kicking the bejesus out of me... only just now feeling better. My wife is still suffering.

Steve

Liked
    74 times

The flu this season was exceptionally strong. 6 week course wasnt uncommon. Lots of people in the ER. Had some deaths in San Diego from it.

When you feel symptoms coming on slam a big dose of vitamin A and C, along with elderberry extract (good for any virus).
    Last edited by cosmin; 02-02-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Liked
    1720 times

Quote Originally Posted by cosmin View Post
    The flu this season was exceptionally strong. 6 week course wasnt uncommon. Lots of people in the ER. Had some deaths in San Diego from it.

Sorry to hear about all the TrackHQ'ers who had it worse than me. Perhaps I just dodged a bullet? I think I got lucky or only had the 2 day variety. Somehow I'm feeling 100% today. Hit hit me like a ton of bricks and now nothing. Still pounding Vit C. and scaling my racecar so I can beat up on Oli.

Liked
    2344 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    ...and scaling my racecar so I can beat up on Oli.

You should. Everyone else does....
    Loose Caboose likes this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    91 times

Man, I'm staying inside!!! Hope all of you are getting better!
    SteveLevin likes this.

Liked
    278 times

Quote Originally Posted by CoolTech View Post
    Man, I'm staying inside!!! Hope all of you are getting better!
    Tell your employees/coworkers to stay home if they're sick. One sick person in my place of work managed to spread her illness to at least 50% of my group.
    Loose Caboose and EricJoh like this.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    What passmenow said. When the fever hit last Friday, I drank about 4-6 liters of water/day. I think it helped a LOT. My nephew in FL lost his school's Principal to one of the bugs last month.
    As you said, you are not a doctor, so please don't give "medical" advice such as this. I understand you mean well, but this is not helpful to anyone, and may even be harmful.

Why not just follow the advice of doctors and other medical experts? They usually do know better than what some guy at the gym tells you. Get the flu shot every year. Keep it simple!

Liked
    810 times

LOL! Easy tiger, I offered no advice. Get the shot if it makes you feel better. This year's strain hasn't been as effective, as reported.
    MikeColangelo likes this.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2358 times

Force is not a doctor, but he plays one on TV, so you know you can trust his advice.

Liked
    23 times

I think the entire state of georgia had the flu this month. Hospitals full, ER booting people out. Weird. Thankfully, now that just about everyone's had it things are going back to normal.
    '09 rx8 sport

Liked
    278 times

One of my high school football coaches passed away last week from complications of the flu. Not sure if that means he contracted pneumonia. He was 64 and recently retired.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast