+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fatbillybob
  • 2 Post By redtopz

Thread: Do you need Track Day Insurance?

Liked
    2216 times

Default Do you need Track Day Insurance?

I saw this posted on the local Corvette Forum:

"I used WSIB Insurance Agency, LLC about 4 years ago. Price is good if you use it. I ended up only going a few time and they don't do it per event.

Theirs was annual for 10 events. It was around $1,800 for the year for a $60k car with $2,500 deductible."
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    144 times

I have always wanted track insurance but could never seem to find it.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    22 times

They have it here in Chicago and also by the event, but they do not allow timing.

I bet that is why you don't see it in California.

Life is like a race the best times win!
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    72 times

Liked
    1541 times

No liability coverage. Only people who specifically tell you they have liability coverage for participants is SCCA in their GCR as additional insurers.
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    982 times

I will insure anybody's car for hpde. Rates are as follows: 50% of the value of your car as payment for each event and a 50% deductible on any damages. No liability coverage. All work must be performed at my farm shop and my shop rates are $300 per hour. Corvette parts may be substituted in repair work regardless of what car you own. I will personally test all repair work by doing a full weekend in your car at the track to make sure it's running well before it's returned to you.

Red Top DE Insurance Inc.
    Bill Brinkop, CFO
    Olitho and hakeem like this.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    0 times

I've gone with ontrackinsurance.com for my last few events. Haven't had to make any claims, but their rates and deductibles are better than Lockton Affinity Motorsports policies.

Liked
    72 times

Quote Originally Posted by Spearfish25 View Post
    I've gone with ontrackinsurance.com for my last few events. Haven't had to make any claims, but their rates and deductibles are better than Lockton Affinity Motorsports policies.
    Would you mind sharing your premium/deductible info and agreed vehicle value? According to their web sites, Lockton's deductible is 5% ($1500 min) while On Track's is 10% ($2500 min). Did you compare to Lockton's quick quote rates or did you submit a full app for a quote?

Based on the quick quotes, it appears a single event policy is $175 through both brokers with a vehicle value of $26,250 (On Track has a min. rate of $150 + $25 admin fee, so I chose a vehicle value the generated an approximate rate of $150). Lockton doesn't indicate if that $175 includes admin fees or not, but On Track says it does. However, it seems like you can save a lot with Lockton's multi-event policies. It costs $140 per event for a 6 event policy, and $110 per event for a 12 event policy. With On Track, you can save 10% by signing up for 3 events at once, so it becomes $157 per event. On Track says the second day of an event is included free, but Lockton does not indicate if their event coverage is for only one day. I plan to call soon.

Is the above consistent with your experience/findings?
    Last edited by BEbengali; 04-10-2012 at 05:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread