+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: DMV online reg

Liked
    466 times

Default DMV online reg

OMG!.. I just did my online registration. Talk about painful. In between each step. I looked over all the new posts on Track HQ. Then started this thread. Hell I even proof read my post.

There are only 4 steps before the check out cart. Are they just trying to make feel like we are at the DMV office taking a number and then fighting to get someone to understand, it's just a renewal?

opps sorry. 1 more step... now I've got to pay.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    466 times

oh wait... there are 2 steps to paying

Liked
    2265 times

Proofread is one word.

Liked
    466 times

I didn't say I knew what I was doing. Just that I did it.....geeezz
    and BTW Your not helping

Liked
    2265 times

Liked
    94 times

They must of changed it because I've used their online registration many times and found it really easy.

Liked
    70 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    I didn't say I knew what I was doing. Just that I did it.....geeezz
    and BTW Your not helping
    you're*
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    OMG!.. I just did my online registration. Talk about painful. In between each step. I looked over all the new posts on Track HQ. Then started this thread. Hell I even proof read my post.

There are only 4 steps before the check out cart. Are they just trying to make feel like we are at the DMV office taking a number and then fighting to get someone to understand, it's just a renewal?

opps sorry. 1 more step... now I've got to pay.

I can't wait for our government provided healthcare and single payer.

Why will our new healthcare be any different than the DMV and the Post Office, both of which are dismal failures at serving customers and both need subsidies to stay afloat even given their monopolies.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post

Why will our new healthcare be any different than the DMV and the Post Office, both of which are dismal failures at serving customers and both need subsidies to stay afloat even given their monopolies.
    Sending a letter for 46 cents, and having it arrive at its destination in about 2 days on the other side of this great nation, is something your exhaulted company cannot accmoplish.
    bawareca likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    708 times

You might want to do some research on the USPS before posting because you couldn't be more wrong. Of course your being wrong about the USPS also helps prove your point about government and it's business failures.

I gotta say, DMV website works fine for me.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Sending a letter for 46 cents, and having it arrive at its destination in about 2 days on the other side of this great nation, is something your exhaulted company cannot accmoplish.
    If the post office had to compete with FedEx and UPS they would be dead already. Even with $1,000,000,000 in annual subsidies they have a completely upside down pension plan ready to kill them. That pension plan will require a bail out, too. They have already been missing payments. The payment they missed last July is merely $5.5 billion in addition to the $1B they need to keep the doors open.
    The Post Office is Broke | Bad Money Advice

On top of that they have one of the worst customer satisfaction indexes of any company in any industry, but yet they survive because FedEx, UPS and the other carriers are not allowed to compete in the monopoly of letter carrying.

And Richard, your $0.46 cent cost per letter, did you figure in the real cost by adding the one billion dollar US taxpayer subsidy? The USPS may charge 46 cents, but they lose money on every letter delivered.

If you think healthcare is expensive now, just wait until the government runs it all.
    hakeem, LagunaBlueS2k and jimt like this.

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    You might want to do some research on the USPS before posting because you couldn't be more wrong. Of course your being wrong about the USPS also helps prove your point about government and it's business failures.
    So how do you wish to dispute my very well documented proof of the decades old problem of the Post Office being an operational failure. By any measure poor customer satisfaction and annual bailouts reflects upon a failed organization. Missing payments on pension plans is an insolvent company that if not for the backing of the US taxpayer being compelled to keep the organization afloat it would be in bankruptcy court and the assets sold to the likes of FedEx and UPS. Richard is a bankruptcy lawyer so while he may not like my statements he knows them to be true more than anyone else at TrackHQ.

Liked
    2216 times

Doing a Google search on the USPS failures measures in the hundreds and they all sound like this quote:

And the $11B the USPS will not be paying in the next few weeks is in some ways a distracting re-arranging of deck chairs. In the three months ended March 31, the USPS lost $3.2B. (It will not release results for the quarter ended June 30 until August.) Even without the onerous requirement that it pay for the retirement obligations it incurred during the quarter, it still lost $500M.

The brutal truth is that there is not enough money coming in to pay the USPSís bills on an ongoing basis. And that is not a situation that will get better if left alone. This default is indeed the first of many.

Here is another good one of many hundreds of news stories just in the past few months:
    The USPS lost over $16bn last year, and has lost about $41bn over the past five years, according to estimates.
    US Postal Service faces ruin without rescue from Congress, watchdog warns | Business | guardian.co.uk

The US Postal Service, which missed its last two payments into the benefit funds, has never made a single payment without having to borrow from the US Treasury. Ruth Goldway, chairman of the Postal Regulatory Commission, notes the irony: the USPS pension payment goes to the US Treasury, so for the past five years it has been borrowing from the Treasury to pay the Treasury.

Go ahead and find me some positive stories to refute the failure known as the USPS.

Liked
    977 times

My hatred for the USPS is deep on many levels. I am with the gold chain man on this one. Shut the pos down and let some competent businesses take its place.

Although, where would your beloved Corvette be if it wasn't for the trusty US taxpayer?
    bellwilliam and Pure EvoIX like this.

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post

Although, where would your beloved Corvette be if it wasn't for the trusty US taxpayer?

GM should not have gotten the bailout either. The shareholders and underfunded union pensions should have gotten screwed on that not the bondholders.

GM would not have been shut-down. It would have been reorganized just like they did 18 months later, but they would have have pissed away billions of US taxpayer dollars in the process. If they did that we would have a better and stronger GM today.
    hakeem, Pure EvoIX and bawareca like this.

Liked
    708 times

I'm no fan of the USPS either but it isn't able to run freely as a business yet isn't truly a government entity. It has government controls, which is why I mentioned earlier that it sort of proves your point but not in the way I think you intended.

When I get a chance, I get some links.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    I'm no fan of the USPS either but it isn't able to run freely as a business yet isn't truly a government entity. It has government controls, which is why I mentioned earlier that it sort of proves your point but not in the way I think you intended.

When I get a chance, I get some links.
    I think most people who are well read on the subject know about the pension funding requirements. I agree, they are dumb. But by any metric you would measure the success of a business by, USPS is a dismal failure. All you have to do is walk into any post office to understand why.
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    I think most people who are well read on the subject know about the pension funding requirements. I agree, they are dumb. But by any metric you would measure the success of a business by, USPS is a dismal failure. All you have to do is walk into any post office to understand why.
    There it is summarized quite succinctly.

I also hear people citing the pension funding requirements as the reason the USPS is not successful, but they still lose billions of dollars annually even if you remove the funding requirements. But then again, the funding requirements are because of the over-the-top defined benefits plan they negotiated at the burden of the letter sender and the US taxpayer. They deserve all the blame for being dumb at USPS management for all the same reasons generations of GM management deserves blame.

Liked
    1541 times

You and I do not have to worry. When it gets real bad you give Dr. Benne a weekend in your racecar and I'll supply the tires and he will fix our boo boos.

Liked
    708 times

Oli, how do you fund your employees' pensions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast