+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Crash footage from Streets Of Willow sunday. Cartwheeling off the back straight

Liked
    2283 times

Quote Originally Posted by PeTeToTe View Post
    I've ran w/ NASA two times and both were crazy, the last time was about a yr ago at Sonama and 4+ cars hit walls
    NASA is a HPDE Nazi...I am surprised 4+ cars hit walls. I can just imagine Jerry go berzerk .........
    OJR likes this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2 times

I was in the track day when the incident happened. I agree that the one at fault was the driver. However there was a few issues during the entire event that could use some attention. The organizer offers free timing yet they don't use such to properly pre-grid the drivers to avoid massive traffic and a whole lot of unnecessary passing throughout the session. The pit worker would let cars into the track with lack of space. The first lap isn't yellow flagged allowing people to go flat out on a warm up lap causing issues such as this one.
    tq3z and JJ1 like this.

Liked
    2283 times

Quote Originally Posted by 48yota View Post
    What really gets me is all the video that I see in various car prep setups, I see various levels of clothing. I just dont get it, no gloves, short sleeves, shorts, in one video I saw a driver in thongs. Cars with cages and no padding, non snell rated helmets, drivers with suits but no gloves...I could go on with scenerios for ever. I am asking all drivers no matter of your skill level, atleast get some long pants, shirts, gloves, and a good SA rated hemlet to protect yourself. .
    if you go to Nurbergring. biggest "race car rental" shop are RSR and Rent4ring.

RSR's 95% rental cars are completely stock, other than pads and tires.

Rent4ring rental cars have cage. but they use swimming noodles for roll bar padding, 4 points belt (gasp !!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ring is a lot more dangerous than SOCAL tracks....and this is Germany. yet, they are so f*ing dangerous as track people.......
    Pure EvoIX likes this.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    You got the old part right but I see a reason that the sheriff is right too. Old guys come from a world of personal responsibility, not this progressive world of someone else is the cause of my plight. Where is personal responsibility? Why does the organizer need to babysit? Why do we need to lay blame for these incidents anywhere but on drivers? Everyone else can contribute in a form of vicarious liability but at the end of the day it is the driver's fault. Does anyone think that what happened to this guy was a good thing? He did not get hurt. He totalled/wrecked his car and probably will not be back Any time soon or ever. An idiot leaving makes the track safer for all. When he comes back he will be older, wiser, and smarter, which ups the safety of all. this lesson only cost him cash. I see a lot of wins with this incident. Let's mitigate high percentage risk while reinforcing the concept of personal responsibility.
    A great post Fat one. It makes me think back about 25 years ago I went to Big Bear with a date. She wanted to rent some horses and go for a ride. So up the mountain we went. We found a place that rented horses and would let us go on "free" rides wherever we wanted to go and not have to do those silly follow-the-leader deals. I paid the money to rent two horses and I was surprised I didn't need to sign any waivers.

The place was run by a grisseley old cowboy kind of guy almost as old as our Sheriff. I asked him, "Don't we need to sign a waiver?" He said, "Hell no. Everyone knows horses are dangerous!" I thought to myself we are in times of dying personal responsibility and this guy must be the last guy in the US to make that statement.
    MikeColangelo, cosmin and bawareca like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    226 times

Quote Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
    I honestly think that extreme speed has the best instructors and drivers out there on their staff.
    You can't be serious! I think you need to attend some other club events...
    hakeem and bawareca like this.
    Terry Watson
    AROSC Competition Director

Liked
    2283 times

Quote Originally Posted by Slaysman View Post
    I believe that's the post (about XS has best drivers) sheriff was referring to. as sheriff posted right after.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    226 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Ring is a lot more dangerous than SOCAL tracks....and this is Germany.
    Yes, and Germany is a law and order country. You screw up, they nail you. Sue the Ring or a car rental company there? Good luck!
    bawareca likes this.
    Terry Watson
    AROSC Competition Director

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    I believe that's the post (about XS has best drivers) sheriff was referring to. as sheriff posted right after.
    I was talking about this whole thread. The entire concept is idiotic.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    The entire concept is idiotic.
    Now you know who with whom you are sharing the track. And you thought I was the only one. :-)
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    299 times

Back to the crash. That was a crazy end over end over end crash. He must of just went in stupid hot and understeered straight off to the left...jumped the curb...airborne onto the hay bales and physics took over. Scary.

I had a scare at SOW my very first time at sow back in 2011...i went for some 90deg sideways action down the left side of chicane....that scared the **** out of me. Stupid time trials...make me push so hard. lol.

Since then, I have never beat that time and that was on street tires, 91oct (~380whp), and stock aero. Go figure. 1:24.0.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    366 times

^ That's probably just because you realized that SoW is to race tracks what cancer is to humanity. Can't fault you there, man.
    Richard EVO and robburgoon like this.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    11 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyrice View Post
    I was in the track day when the incident happened. I agree that the one at fault was the driver. However there was a few issues during the entire event that could use some attention. The organizer offers free timing yet they don't use such to properly pre-grid the drivers to avoid massive traffic and a whole lot of unnecessary passing throughout the session. The pit worker would let cars into the track with lack of space. The first lap isn't yellow flagged allowing people to go flat out on a warm up lap causing issues such as this one.
    This has been my experience with XS everytime I've ran with them, it works for them so I can't complain I just try to not run with them. The reason they get the younger crowd is because they have cheaper prices then SV. I have friends that run with XS just because of the cheap prices and if you buy in bulk they are paying 50-75 bucks a track day with timing for big willow, SOW, BW, CVR, and ACS. That being said I hope everyone that was in a wreck is ok and what turn is that for the corvette?
    Last edited by heypal; 05-14-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    GJTRacer likes this.

Liked
    116 times

I honestly think that extreme speed has the best instructors and drivers out there on their staff.

I have to agree with terry, being I have instructed with many clubs and have walked away from one because of the method of how they wanted me to instruct. But now I am interested, please help me understand your opinion on why they are the best out there?

What does extreme do to ensure they get quality instructors and how do they get to be an instructor?

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by tq3z View Post
    ^ That's probably just because you realized that SoW is to race tracks what cancer is to humanity. Can't fault you there, man.
    ^^^Unbelievable. The best post of the month here, inside the stupidest thread of the year. Good work tq3z . . .
    bawareca and thepass like this.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    366 times

lol!
    Do you understand?

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Works differently for the playstation generation.
    The playstation generation are a bunch of entitled pussies. I learned how to race in the trenches of RC Pro AM.

Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    3 times

I have, I run with a lot of the local groups POC, Speed Ventures, etc. I think Extreme Speed has some of the best instructors out there. The problem is the that people don't listen to them. Have you ever ridden with any of them? If not than I think you need to.

Liked
    1477 times

I have, I run with a lot of the local groups POC, Speed Ventures, etc. I think Extreme Speed has some of the best instructors out there. The problem is the that people don't listen to them. Have you ever ridden with any of them? If not than I think you need to.
    I rest my case . . .

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    The playstation generation are a bunch of entitled pussies. I learned how to race in the trenches of RC Pro AM.

Too challenging for me. I had to start with this.

2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    2283 times

Anyone knows what car is this ? This is a very safe car if it indeed is stock.

How about a picture of the wreck
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast