+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By craZee

Thread: Coronado Speedfest

Liked
    439 times

Default Coronado Speedfest

Had a blast this weekend at Coronado in my Datsun 510. Sunday was crazy hot however.

34 cars in my run group including BMW's, Alfa's, Porsche's, Datsun's, Triumph's and a few others.

First session out I was going side by side into turn 3 with another car when I looked in my drivers side mirror and saw a 3rd car coming inside. At first I was a little concerned about going 3 wide through the turn but when I saw the name Boris Said on the roof of the inside car I figured things would be fine LOL He was there driving a BMW 2002.

Pace wise my car is a mid-pack car, so I practiced my best Lynn St. James driving strategy and just made sure to stay out of trouble.

Had wheel to wheel contact at about 100 mph with a 5'-1" wide 911 that tried to drive through a 5'-0" gap at 100 mph. I escaped with a slightly bent tie rod and a brown stain on my drivers suit.

All in all a great weekend.

Headed to Spring Mt Oct 9-11 with VARA for a Tribute to Mr K. (the 240Z designer) event. Rumors of an all Datsun race group, which would be fun.

craZee
    thepass and ETK like this.

Liked
    2242 times

And here I thought vintage racing was gentlemanly.

+ Reply to Thread