+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Coronado re-cap

Liked
    1720 times

J bittle maybe has a problem with his left arm. Many drivers are as old as the cars and have arthritis. My buddy calls Vintage "spirited parade laps"
    passmenow likes this.

likes to left foot brake. passmenow's Avatar
    Liked
    99 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    J bittle maybe has a problem with his left arm. Many drivers are as old as the cars and have arthritis. My buddy calls Vintage "spirited parade laps"
    I suppose that is an easy shot BillyBob, and thatís ok with me.
    Perhaps a Professional driver might say something similar about your level of amateur racing.

Many Historic race groups are filled with valuable cars that we are fortunate to see on track and not hidden away in a private collection.
    Iíve raced with valuable championship winning historic race cars that donít need another plastic trophy/checkered flag and bottle of bubbly to validate their worth.

Historic Awards are given for presentation, to cars that appear just as they were raced in the day. No awards are given for finishing order.
    A good race is one where everyone makes it to grid, no cars are damaged, and the spectators are entertained.
    In Historic racing you don't remember the name of the winning driver, but you might remember their name if they made contact or worse.
    In Historic racing the original car driverís name appears on the race car.
    The current owner/drivers name is best kept anonymous.

In a few years perhaps C5 Vettes and Miata may be eligible for vintage racing.
    But you will have to accept you are racing basically anonymously for fun and not a plastic trophy.
    No trophy and no glory not acceptable to many drivers that are still racing for accolades or validation.

If you had the 2001 LeMans winning C5R would you put your name on the roof and try to improve on its record?
    Plavan likes this.
    74 911 RSR+.
    88 Imsa Camaro.
    93 Imsa Camaro.

Liked
    89 times

Quote Originally Posted by Plavan View Post
    I was out there also. My little 2.5L Porsche 911ST was thrown in with the big boys. I had the smallest motor out there. I had a blast. Managed a Pole with a 1:12 and a tiny 2.5L. Watch the start..... I need more squirrels..... Last lap was the best. I broke on Sunday am- Maybe a rocker- Time to twin plug it.
    Small bore Porsche flat sixes up on the cams are still one of the sweetest sounds there are.

Liked
    66 times

That is a pretty ignorant and absurd statement. Not all the drivers are old out there. I'm 43 and I have been racing vintage 911's for almost 20 years. As for Spirited parade laps, yes maybe some guys- Not all. It's a more relaxed atmosphere, enjoying the cars, while being just as fun as racing an Elan NP01 Prototype.....
    Thanks,

Chad
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype #02 (Chassis #20)
    1969 911ST vintage racer
    1972 911T Numbers Matching under restoration in my garage

Liked
    1720 times

Note to self: My sense of humor = fail...
    passmenow and Gian like this.

Liked
    481 times

See, I always knew vett guy's didn't have a sense of humor..lol

Really though, I had a friend, Crag Angel, who had this monster (think it was a 66) Mustang. He drove with the same style, with the cigarette hanging off his lips. Fast as hell! Cracked me up.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

likes to left foot brake. passmenow's Avatar
    Liked
    99 times

Note to self: My sense of humor = fail...
    just here for the likes?
    good dry sarcasm still needs green font,
    who was holding your beer when you posted it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-K3fhkSjA

This thread is missing Duane.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0aSBTIXQPs
    Attached Images
    Gian likes this.
    74 911 RSR+.
    88 Imsa Camaro.
    93 Imsa Camaro.

Liked
    551 times

This thread is missing Duane.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0aSBTIXQPs[/QUOTE]

Ok, this post requires some details.

This was taken during a qualifier and we were trying to get a picture of the 6 Datsuns in our run group coming across the start/finish line side by side. We had a guy shooting photos from the bridge over the track. I am in the white 510 trying to get people to pull up alongside, but I was not aware that the front of the pack had already caught up to us as we intentionally all started in the back. We did get some good shots of 5 of us bunched up pretty good.

For those of you who do not know Duane, he broke his neck in a sprint car accident over 40 years ago, and has no use of his legs. He has a 3-speed Nissan automatic transmission with an over/under drive. The white button on the side of the shifter controls the over drive.

If you ever see Duane in the pits, stop and have a chat with him. You will leave a better person for it.

craZee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2