+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Richard EVO
  • 1 Post By SteveLevin

Thread: College Basketball Halftime Score

Liked
    1477 times

Default College Basketball Halftime Score

OK, it has nothing to do with cars or racetracks. But this is unbelievable. At halftime in college basketball:

Kentucky 41
    UCLA 7

It looks like the Golden State Warriors playing Taft High School . .
    LagunaBlueS2k and granth like this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2243 times

I wouldn't have believed that was possible, but I'm not surprised Kentucky is on the winning end of that one.

Liked
    1477 times

Final score:

Kentucky 83
    UCLA 42

Kentucky scored the first 24 points in the game against UCLA's zippo . . .

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2243 times

They take round ball very seriously at UK. I used to work with a guy who went to school there. He was the definition of a rabid fan.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    They take round ball very seriously at UK. I used to work with a guy who went to school there. He was the definition of a rabid fan.
    Hahahaha!!! At first when I read your post, I couldn't figure out why they took basketball seriously in the United Kingdom. OOooooooohhh, you meant University of Kentucky. I really like basketball, but don't consider myself an expert in the game. Earlier this season, I watched another Kentucky game. The coaching is amazing. They have two 5-man squads. The "blue team" are the starters. The "white team" are the reserves. When the head coach does the substitutions, he takes all 5 of the blue team out, and puts all 5 of the white team in the game, at the same time. I had never seen this strategy before but is sure works, because Kentucky is #1, undefeated, and beating the crap out of all their opponents this year . . .

Liked
    744 times

Not a BB fan, but college BB is HUGE here. Duke, UNC, NCSU are all less than 20 miles from each other.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    1477 times

Some really crazy basketball games this past week. I just got done watching an NBA Development League game. The final score:

L.A. D-Fenders 175
    Reno Bighorns 152

All time D-League records for most points in a quarter, most points in a half, most points scored by the winning team in a game, most points of both teams combined in a game.

I never saw a D-League game before, but these guys are great shooters, L.A. with a 62% field goal percentage, but NO DEFENSE and lots of TURNOVERS. These are the guys hoping to get called up to the NBA.

The Lakers game against the Pacers last Monday. The Lakers only scored 23 points in the first half, and had only 17 points in the first half with about a minute to go, before hitting two 3-pointers at the end of the first half. Halftime score was Pacers 60 -- Lakers 23. Amazingly, the Lakers lost the game by "only" 19 points.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 12-21-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Liked
    546 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    These are the guys hoping to get called up to the NBA.
    Right behind you and me, Richard, right behind you and me

Steve
    Richard EVO likes this.

+ Reply to Thread