• 4 Post By craZee
  • 8 Post By Olitho
  • 2 Post By msmdude
  • 2 Post By Pure EvoIX

Thread: Carnage at ACSW

Liked
    456 times

Default Carnage at ACSW

Attended a Speedventure event at ACSW on Sat. and have never seen so many cars leave on tow trucks! All seemed to be single car incidents. I saw a McClaren (broke in the first 10 minutes), Porsche, Audi, Acura, Camaro and something else all leaving on flatbeds. No doubt there were others.

The schedule got all whacked out as there were delays of 15-45 minutes for track clean-up.

Not sure what was going on. Conditions were not bad.

I took a young friend for a ride along as a high school graduation gift. I figured if I gave him $25 he would forget in in 1 day. He will remember his ride for a lifetime! Good fun.

craZee

Kam
    Liked
    88 times

Quote Originally Posted by craZee View Post
    I saw a McClaren (broke in the first 10 minutes)
    McLarens aren't know for their reliability.

At a high end car meet last month, a 12C drove slowly thru, with a trail of coolant pouring behind it, until someone flagged the driver to park to allow the rest eject itself onto the parking lot.

Exotics Racing ran them for awhile, until their constant failure rate had them refuse to ever use them again. Add in the fact that there's no door handle, so having to show people how to open the door was just another annoyance....dead battery? sorry, you're not getting inside.
    ucfbrett and F@ck like this.
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Liked
    53 times

It wasn't that bad of a day. AFAIK the only major incident was a car that blew its engine in the banking, spilled oil/coolant and finally caught on fire. It took a while to clean up and that's what delayed the schedule for 25-30 min.

Liked
    144 times

Are the F1 team guys working on the street cars too?
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    2265 times

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    McLarens aren't know for their reliability.
    That's really disappointing given the price and status of that car. A supercar that's no more reliable than an old Triumph Spitfire.

Liked
    456 times

Quote Originally Posted by JulioG View Post
    It wasn't that bad of a day. AFAIK the only major incident was a car that blew its engine in the banking, spilled oil/coolant and finally caught on fire. It took a while to clean up and that's what delayed the schedule for 25-30 min.
    We must have been at different events LOL

Two of my four sessions were delayed by full course red flags in the session before mine.

I don't ever recall seeing so many flat beds hauling cars out of there. Maybe it's because Oli was instructing? He said he forgot his hair gel, and his viking chest hair was blowing up in his face all day. Even the gold chains could not over come the force!
    Olitho, Pure EvoIX, JulioG and 1 others like this.

Liked
    456 times

Too be clear, the Speedventure's crew did a great job keeping things rolling and letting people know what was going on to the best of their ability. No complaints here, just an observation.

Took 2 cars and my Datsun 510, with a 4:37 final gear, was spinning 6,000 RPM in 5th gear at the start finish line. I guess that's why there are no 510's in NASCAR LOL

Liked
    2216 times

Quote Originally Posted by craZee View Post
    I don't ever recall seeing so many flat beds hauling cars out of there. Maybe it's because Oli was instructing? He said he forgot his hair gel, and his viking chest hair was blowing up in his face all day. Even the gold chains could not over come the force!
    Sorry guys, I left my hair gel on top of my car and it fell off in Turn Two causing the following Porsche Cup Car to hit the wall.

I forgot to take my Regenix and lunch and I started losing a lot of chest hair and the got sucked into the McClaren intake and it clogged up the O2 sensor causing the engine to run lean and blow-up.

It was a bad day for me. I should have renewed my web subscription to Lumosity....
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    35 times

I ran on Sunday and noticed a lot of debris and car parts on the track at times. Hit something coming into infield turn which tore off one of my front aero aids on the front splitter. The car then turned faster lap times after that. If it works in F1 then it must work on my MX-5....
    Pure EvoIX and F@ck like this.

Liked
    299 times

Quote Originally Posted by JulioG View Post
    wasn't me this time.
    SDSUsnowboards and JulioG like this.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14