+ Reply to Thread

Thread: California Speedway Settlement

Liked
    1 times

Default California Speedway Settlement

I wonder what kind of effect this will have on HPDEs.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/content/carrera

Liked
    0 times

Now they charge $5 per passenger, so it's starting.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    2 times

wow! was the porsche guy an idiot driver or was it something that was really uncontrollable?

Liked
    34 times

Organizers will probably start to implement more rigorous tech inspection. And like SpeedtrialUSA, no passengers allow on any track anymore. And the track days will cost more for us end users because of higher insurance cost for the track facilities and track organizers. That would suck!! So I think the only good thing that came out of this case was the redesigned pit out at CSW. Yeah, I feel sorry for the passenger and his family in the CGT. But $hit happens. And how much of that 4.5mill actually went to the family? I'm sure McClellan got a good chunk of it too. And people wonder why so many nice cars are not sold in the states. This is why, too many law suits. Also, now we all have another reason not to take passengers other than the extra weight.

Liked
    15 times

what I was told by a driver at that event. It was a poorly timed release by the flagger. ferrari pops out from behing the barrier onto the front straight right infront of the porsche at full tilt. Porsche swerved to miss the fcar and ended up in the wall. Very unfortunate.

Liked
    34 times

Yeah, pretty unfortunate. So many things have to be wrong for this traggedy to happen.

Liked
    15 times

ya but at the same time I find it rather asinine to sue the track and the driver and especially Porsche. This was participation in a dangerous event.

Liked
    2249 times

just want to be clear, it is the PASSENGER'S wife that got 4.5M. Driver's estate has to pay her 2.2M !!!

I will never give rides again.

Ferrari driver had to pay 2% also, for going too slow entering the track !!
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 10-24-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Liked
    0 times

Track driving invole risk... This type of lawsuit only happend in USA... cause stubid judge in USA cant judge any thing right... You hardly see any law suit at Nurburgring. and that is one of most dangerus track...

Money not = skill... That why I am looking for new GTR to come !! and took it to track day !!...

Lawsuit Lawsuit.. Is all about LAwsuit and so call human right..... That's why Average Joe Make so little money... and need to pay Such hight insurance..... Every thing is cover by different insurance special for lawsuit and human right....

A lot of thing just piss me off.... why they can get soo many money from those lawsuit ? For a some thing smaller scale. Two Kids ( under 5 years) were stay in motel with their mother... her mother was taking shower.. this kid start to turn on TV and Start looking... well the motel happend to have XXX Channel but not lock... so the kids see the XXX channel... The mother notice it afterward and suit the motel.. for 1m.. but end it out gettting 4.5K.... Man what is a big deal here.. ? simply dont understand.....

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by DiyMAN25 View Post
    Track driving invole risk... This type of lawsuit only happend in USA... cause stubid judge in USA cant judge any thing right... You hardly see any law suit at Nurburgring. and that is one of most dangerus track...

Money not = skill... That why I am looking for new GTR to come !! and took it to track day !!...

Lawsuit Lawsuit.. Is all about LAwsuit and so call human right..... That's why Average Joe Make so little money... and need to pay Such hight insurance..... Every thing is cover by different insurance special for lawsuit and human right....

A lot of thing just piss me off.... why they can get soo many money from those lawsuit ? For a some thing smaller scale. Two Kids ( under 5 years) were stay in motel with their mother... her mother was taking shower.. this kid start to turn on TV and Start looking... well the motel happend to have XXX Channel but not lock... so the kids see the XXX channel... The mother notice it afterward and suit the motel.. for 1m.. but end it out gettting 4.5K.... Man what is a big deal here.. ? simply dont understand.....
    this is america. it is full of rediculous nonsense politics. i'm pretty sure you can sue mcdonalds for 2 million $ when you ask for no pickles and find them in your bigmac.

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by DiyMAN25 View Post

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....0&last=3921752

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....1&last=3921818

GTR FTW

+ Reply to Thread