+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cal Club News Blast

Liked
    2165 times

Default Cal Club News Blast

Willow Springs Feb 21-22

We sure had fun at the National/Double Restricted Regional/Drivers School at Willow Springs. We welcomed back the CSR group that came out in mass to have a great time. We graduated 25 new racers at our school and the weather was pretty darn nice. Racing was safe and intense with some pretty close battles all weekend long. Can't ask for much more.

The new graduates will be able to join us at our next Regional and thanks to the Board of Governors of Cal Club they all have in hand a gift certificate to make their Regional a bit easier on the pocket book. Exciting to see these new cars and drivers, if you see one of them in the paddock offer that hearty Cal Club welcome.

Welcome Home to Buttonwillow

March 14 and 15 Cal Club returns "home" to Buttonwillow with the Turn 6 Machine Presents the March Madness Mazda Mania Double Regional.

All kinds of fun and educational events are planned for the weekend, as well as the usual great racing. Saturday March 14th at lunch time Tom Dragoun from 7'S Only will conduct a safety seminar free of charge. Everything you want to know about drivers suits, helmets, neck restraint systems and the like. Tom is an experienced driver and car builder and will be able to answer just about any question on safety you may have. The Seminar will be held in the classroom area above the lunch area.

Saturday night will be the second official Cal Club Saturday Night Drags. Run what you brung, anything goes, cars, pit cars, golf carts, skateboards, you think of it we will race it! Timing gear and lights are ready to go and have been checked by our own Drag racing expert Warren Smith. Don't miss it.

Don't want to drag? Well, join us for the Board of Governors reception drink and eat and watch the racing.

You Mazda Maniacs don't forget your group will have special prizes and give aways and for the rest of you... any group that bring 10 or more cars in your class you will have a free entry drawing, so call your friends and get those cars out! Sign up is open now at www.calclub.com or www.motorsportsreg. Late fee comes into effect on March 8, 2009 so get those entries in now!

Spring Time Nationals April 4-5

April 4-5, 2009 is our annual Double National at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. This year we have a new configuration.. 25 CCW, which is also the configuration being used in March for the Double Regional.

New Configuration, double the fun, double the race, one tow! Can't beat it. This is the best National event you can attend, don't be left out! Registration for the Double National will open March 2, 2009.

Formula Ford Birthday Party

Plans for the biggest Birthday Party at Buttonwilow are coming along. The Formula Ford 40th Birthday Party and Double Regional on May 16-17 will be a not to miss party. We have confirmed the attendance of the first Forumula Ford winner in Cal Club History. The car, will be there and from what we hear it looks better than ever. This event not only will have Formula Fords, but it will be the first time the Lotus Challenge Series will be running with us. Also, the ASC series with their thundering motors will be out.

Cars, Cakes, balloons and fun.... Be there!
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    1477 times

The March 14 & 15 Buttonwillow race weekend is being run on the # 25-CCW configuration, which is an absolute hoot. Especially for you high hp guys.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    The March 14 & 15 Buttonwillow race weekend is being run on the # 25-CCW configuration, which is an absolute hoot. Especially for you high hp guys.
    I won't be doing that race weekend unfortunately.

I will be taking Kristjan to AAA Speedway to race with LAKC that weekend!

Two weeks later I will be running the double national at BW on April 4-5.

Liked
    0 times

you track junkies!!!
    I gotta get in on this...
    www.facenbody.com
    2005 Elise: Ohlins DA, BWR sway bar, RAC monolites, Pagid blues, Larini SE exhaust, CF everything, BWR s/c...
    SRF #237

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
    you track junkies!!!
    I gotta get in on this...
    See my post for you here:
    http://www.trackhq.com/forums/showth...3903#post23903

Liked
    2283 times

hey, that's Oli's car in the news blast !!

Oli doing his parade lap !!!
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    hey, that's Oli's car in the news blast !!

Oli doing his parade lap !!!
    Actually it is called the Checkered Flag Lap.

You will be doing those soon, too, I am certain.

+ Reply to Thread