+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buttonwillow w/TCRA April 19th and 20th.

Liked
    0 times

Default Buttonwillow w/TCRA April 19th and 20th.

Hiya guys,

Hakeem and I are hitting up the event at BRP with TCRA this weekend.

I can't recall ever having run with them.

Anyone else planning to attend?

http://touringcarclub.net/events/view.aspx?eid=14

Liked
    0 times

Looks like there are exactly 23 people signed up for both days.

As of 2:20 pm April 14th, 2008.

WOOT!

Liked
    977 times

Track time at last!! Hopefully we can get some non-blackflagged sessions in for once.

Liked
    0 times

only 26 people registered as of April16 (Wednesday).

Liked
    2 times

looks like weather is going to be favorable too. i'm taking this weekend to work on the car for the next event.
    Follow me to the track!
    Team 5 Racing

Liked
    977 times

I guess it's just the two of us then!

Liked
    0 times

I love it. 26 people registered for saturday. 20 for sunday. It'll be like a private test event.

LOL!

Liked
    34 times

Wow, I guess everyone will be at the Long Beach GP, instead. Good for you guys. Report your experience with TCRA. I don't think the majority of us here run with them before. Wonder if their tech procedure is anything like STUSA.

Liked
    977 times

Just got back...tech was non-existent, but overall the event was run pretty smoothly. They have this stupid black flag rule if you put 2 wheels off, even in the 'advanced/open-passing' group. I say 'advanced' because there were some guys in the group literally cruising around the track!

The configuration was #1 CCW which neither of us has run before. Danny was fast and was putting in some solid laps, unfortunately I exploded my 3rd gear at the end of Saturdays sessions and didn't really feel like putting in the spare I brought with me so packed it up.

Power steering made a WORLD of difference, and having the correct master cylinders for my brakes was unbelievable too. I just need a valve on the PS line so I can adjust it (it's a little twitchy), some bigger rear tires so I can actually accelerate from the apex a corner instead of in a straight line, a splitter/undertray, and some more fine tuning of the brake bias and it's going to be a really fast car.

Liked
    0 times

Ok, so this event was interesting. Three groups came together, TCRA, NCRA and the Alfa Romeo club (yes there is one apparently).

Everyone there was older. There was one other evo (gray of course). Mostly porsches/ferraris/vipers/boxsters/bmws.

A very well run event. All the run groups ran on time, hardly anyone broke down and very few sessions were black flagged. Run groups were very small, not more than 10 cars a session. Generally the cars in the open passing group were a lot slower than what I was used to.

They also had a race, which was super cool to watch. These two vipers, a red one and a blue one (john dearing) were really dicing it up. At one point , both vipers were passing lapped traffic, one went one way, the other went the other and the red one ended up ahead. Then off the main straight dearing dive bombed the end really deep to take the lead. Pretty rockin.

I had one pretty massive off, you know, where clouds of dust envelop the inside of your car and you think its nighttime. But for the most part, I stayed on track the whole weekend. What I did was tinker with my suspension the whole time and adjusted tire pressures thanks to hotlapping from my GF.

I really wish I'd had time to do that during the time attack b/c I think I would have done better.

They ran config #1 CCW. My fastest time on the day was 2:08.67, no idea if thats good or bad since I'd never run this configuration before. I loved magic montain through riverside to the bus stop backwards. It flows beautifully.

Heres a clip I threw together, notice the difference between that and My RTA lap. I discovered a little thing called tire compliance. Its pretty useful

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpLk_d3BLb8[/YOUTUBE]

Liked
    34 times

Looks like you were the fastest in your run group.
    The section from sunset to Star mazda looks fun too. have to try that config one of these days.

Man I can't believe it takes 3 organizers to fill an event. Could that all be SV's fault?

Liked
    0 times

good question. The sense I got from it was that they didn't care they didn't fill it up. Like with CFRA or some of those groups from Norcal, they're more like driving clubs that limit membership and all and don't try to pack the courses.

If it hadn't been for richards list, I'd never even heard of TCRA.

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by gofaster View Post
    good question. The sense I got from it was that they didn't care they didn't fill it up. Like with CFRA or some of those groups from Norcal, they're more like driving clubs that limit membership and all and don't try to pack the courses.

If it hadn't been for richards list, I'd never even heard of TCRA.
    TCRA was formerly known as TCC (Touring Car Club) and were on of the first track day groups around.. I ran with them a lot in 1998 - 2000. Was good back then, I haven't been back for a while though...
    Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
    Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
    Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

+ Reply to Thread