+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Buttonwillow off, chain link fence outside Phil's Hill

Liked
    61 times

First video is my good friend, I think I posted it here before in a saftey device argum... ahem... conversation. There was apparently fluid down on the track that initiated the spin. he told me after the crash he was most concerned with straighting it out so it didnt dig in and flip, he remembers being on the brakes but they obviously did almost nothing. The passengers finger was gouged pretty badly by the fence as it went over the A pillar and had to recover out from work from a strained back (they are both techs at Acura).

The suspension pickups were tweaked and radiator cracked, but some JB weld and hammer-time later drove back to San Diego under its own steam. The car was donated to his younger brother as a track project and hes moved onto a later gen Integra. IIRC fence section was $500 to replace, BW wanted more but Aaron at SV took pity and was able to negotiate it down a bit.
    Last edited by illwillem; 09-10-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Liked
    0 times

Weird I came across this as I just lurk on this forum. The first video is mine. Will explained what happened pretty well above. I was actually on the brakes a lot earlier than it may seem but like Will said it didn't do much. I had no idea that fence was out there so it caught me by surprise, and so did the ditch. My jaw was a little sore but I was ok. Passenger did not have a HANS device so his neck and back were sore for a few days and he did cut his finger. It was a 93 Integra by the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2