+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: BRZ 2:07.6 at BW 13CW

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    thx Richard!!
    when will I get to see you drive that Formula Mazda in person??
    haven't gone on track with you for a while~
    Alex -

I took the NSX to and SV event recently at Buttonwillow 13-CW, and only stayed for one day because I wasn't really having that much fun. It was hot, the NSX is not well set up and understeers like crazy on that track. Plus after practicing and racing in the FM for 6 months, the NSX feels like a Hummer.

Still, depending on the weather, I may bring the NSX out to WSIR with SV on Sept. 1. Since the FM is stored there, I would definitely take it out on track too. But I'm waiting out the weather report for the predicted high temperature. There's no cool suit in the NSX and no place to put one in the FM. The event will empty, so you can just show up.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Alex -

I took the NSX to and SV event recently at Buttonwillow 13-CW, and only stayed for one day because I wasn't really having that much fun. It was hot, the NSX is not well set up and understeers like crazy on that track. Plus after practicing and racing in the FM for 6 months, the NSX feels like a Hummer.

Still, depending on the weather, I may bring the NSX out to WSIR with SV on Sept. 1. Since the FM is stored there, I would definitely take it out on track too. But I'm waiting out the weather report for the predicted high temperature. There's no cool suit in the NSX and no place to put one in the FM. The event will empty, so you can just show up.
    dammit I will be in NYC from 8/30~9/4!!
    or else I will definitely show up and look at you fly by in the FM!!!
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    977 times

Alex -

Why is there no room for a cool suit in the FM? Freon?

Liked
    41 times

no feedback or input on my driving?

Looking to get faster...
    pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

Liked
    366 times

Quote Originally Posted by psychoazn View Post

Looking to get faster...
    I thought you drove the car really well, FWIW. Not sure where you'd gain anything noticeable except for in colder weather. Maybe more camber would help too lol. Do you have a pyrometer Mike? How bad is the temp spread with stock bolts?
    Do you understand?

Liked
    32 times

how'd you do yesterday?? did you bring the brz and your cr??

Liked
    70 times

hey mike, its kevin, david's friend who was gonna be your backup driver for this past weekend. i also helped you get those RS3's too

hi.
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Liked
    41 times

Quote Originally Posted by azngotmilk View Post
    how'd you do yesterday?? did you bring the brz and your cr??
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchOven View Post
    hey mike, its kevin, david's friend who was gonna be your backup driver for this past weekend. i also helped you get those RS3's too

hi.
    S2000 CR Buttonwillow CW13 (2:03) - YouTube

Still editing the BRZ video
    pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

Liked
    1477 times

S2000 CR Buttonwillow CW13 (2:03) - YouTube

Still editing the BRZ video
    I have been asking myself what new car I would buy today, if I needed a new daily driver. I haven't been able to answer that question for several years, except GT-R or Z06, which are both a bit out of reach at the moment. BRZ/FRS. Maybe.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-27-2012 at 06:23 PM.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    41 times

I have been asking myself what new car I would buy today, if I needed a new daily driver. I haven't been able to answer that question for several years, except GT-R or Z06, which are both a bit out of reach at the moment. BRZ/FRS. Maybe.
    Are you able to live with what will likely be the least powerful car you've purchased in over a decade? Think a RX8 is slow? The BRZ/FRS is slower. Minivans and SUVs will laugh at you from stoplights. So will kids in their mommy's camrys.

Liked
    1477 times

Are you able to live with what will likely be the least powerful car you've purchased in over a decade? Think a RX8 is slow? The BRZ/FRS is slower. Minivans and SUVs will laugh at you from stoplights. So will kids in their mommy's camrys.
    Coming from one of the first owners in the country, and a fellow S2K-track hound, I will take your advice. BRZ off my list of potential new cars, unless Subaru puts a turbo in it.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Why dont you overlay your data on your video? Your lines could be just fine, but maybe youre lifting or not using the gas pedal enough. Thats where having your data, or at least your mph, on your videos comes in handy.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    41 times

I didn't have data at that time

On a side note, Aim Solo DL can't read ODBII data from the BRZ/FRS. Apparantly doesn't read Evo 8/9/X either.

Liked
    41 times

Coming from one of the first owners in the country, and a fellow S2K-track hound, I will take your advice. BRZ off my list of potential new cars, unless Subaru puts a turbo in it.
    The new Legacy has a turbo version of the BRZ/FRS engine (FA20DIT) that ditches the Toyota DI for their own, and drops compression to a "measly" 10.6:1. 296hp/295tq is the spec.

Rumor is that the updated WRX has been testing with this engine as well... Subaru traditionally has been on a 6 year cycle and the current Impreza debuted in 2008.

Liked
    2282 times

but faster than all my Miatas.......
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    but faster than all my Miatas.......
    And way faster than your X1/9 . . .

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2399 times

Looking to get faster...
    Get a better camera
    Overall, very good lap. I recognize the steering corrections from my lap in Matt's car before we put the AST's on.
    The rear sorta wandered around a bit and the car wants those big mid corner corrections to maintain the right slip angle.
    You got pretty much all of the speed available I think. Maybe only small changes to gain that last bit.

One generic observation is the engine pitch sort of surging. That's tire scrub and that slows the car's acceleration. Your inputs are a little bit too big/rough and corrections are all a teeny bit late/slow.
    Try to reduce those slides and when they do happen, anticipate and keep them minimized. In a word, more relaxed and smoother. Short quick corrections, not big slow ones. Combined for the whole lap we're only talking ~.15s or so but it's there.

Off Ramp .1s
    You could get on the power a tad earlier and hold a sightly tighter line when exiting. Less wheelspin, less tire scrub, shorter distance wins.

Cotton Corners .1s
    Slightly later apex on the left. That will allow you to use less of the kerb at the crest of the hill and carry more speed.

Bus Stop .15s
    Good but you can still turn in a bit quicker. Very late getting back on the power. You can also jump more of the apex kerb (a lot more). The time you lose here
    is on the sector including Riverside, not just Bus Stop itself.

Sweeper .1s
    I like to hold the inside a bit longer. Seems to be worth some time by driving the shorter distance. You were a bit rough on exit, not patient enough setting up.
    I see that a lot with many drivers.

Sunset .1s
    You can trail brake a bit longer to help the car continue rotating all the way down to the "pocket" at the apex. That allows you to keep the tires loaded right up until you get back on power
    just before the apex.
    psychoazn and Neocataboi like this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    15 times

^very spot on indeed!!

I also agree that improvements can be made on top of cotton, bus stop, and sweeper~
    perhaps magic mtn can be jumped at a higher speed too.. and that understeer at sunset gotta be costing a tenth or two..

now emillio when do I get my 1 on 1? =)
    Last edited by momofoolio; 08-28-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    72 times

straight line slow is only part of the story. it's also good for a 2:03 in the summer on street tires and dampers at buttonwillow. I haven't missed the straightline speed in mine. But I'm also not racing minivans light to light...
    Red_5 likes this.
    Turn your iphone into an action camera:
    www.igloocase.com
    www.facebook.com/igloocase.com

Liked
    977 times

I want one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast