+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Best story of the year : VW / Audi TDI tricks emission test

Liked
    73 times

Speaking of looking out your window, how common are persistent jet contrails that hang in the sky for hours where you people live? They are very common here in San Luis Obispo and I think they are something that people should be talking about more..

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    umm....didn't take that too seriously. Rx7 man talking about emission
    HEY!!!LOL! I'm doing my part by not tracking it in more than a year! HAHA! Seriously, yin and yang my man, yin and yang! Most of my time in LA, I spent drving a nice 1.8T Passat, SO THERE! Wait, UHOOOOH! ;-). Seriously, CRV family here.
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    239 times

Quote Originally Posted by slodrew View Post
    Speaking of looking out your window, how common are persistent jet contrails that hang in the sky for hours where you people live? They are very common here in San Luis Obispo and I think they are something that people should be talking about more..
    Most of what is in a condensation trail, or contrail, is water vapor.

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by slodrew View Post
    YOU PEOPLE?!! Who are, YOU PEOPLE?!!!LOL!Are you going all "Trump" on us? You're not gonna tell me to, "go back to Africa", are you? (You're supposed to chuckle at that, by the way)

Yeah, contrails are pretty scary when you find out what they're experimenting/using them for. Funny how the U.S. military is already prepping for the worst case scenario with regards to climate change.

Forbes Welcome

AND

U.S. Military Forges Ahead with Plans to Combat Climate Change - Scientific American

My biggest concerns right now;

1. Fires of Indonesia- Haze shrouds the region due to forest fires in Indonesia - Channel NewsAsia
    - This bothers me because the vegatation that's burning is 10x worse than auto emissions, cow farts, and refineries, combined! And all this for PALM OIL, which is in everything that, "tastes good"?!!

2. The blackening of the ice caps- Soot and Dirt Is Melting Snow and Ice Around the World
    - These fires are exacerbating the issue of sea-level rising, dramatically!

So, yeah, I do think about what's going on behind the scenes with such things as contrails. Like I said, I got kids to think about/ advocate for.
    bawareca and slodrew like this.

Liked
    144 times

Chen-trails? Hold on I need to get my aluminum foil hat and boxer shorts.
    bellwilliam and MikeColangelo like this.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    Agreed. It's important to improve air quality.
    Agreed. What we are doing is working.
    Disagree. Evidence that a policy is effective is not evidence that a policy is the best policy.
    1. COOL!
    2. Again, COOL!
    3. I agree with your disagreement. Evidence of a policy being effective is just that-proof of an effective policy, not the BEST policy to eradicate a problem. In my opinion, all policy is a compromise. If I didn't clearly state that, 'ma bad!
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 09-25-2015 at 07:09 AM. Reason: iz can't spellz!

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    ^^ I don't get. Do you mean "Chemtrails", or is this an inside joke from a movie, or something?

Liked
    144 times

Quote Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
    ^^ I don't get. Do you mean "Chemtrails", or is this an inside joke from a movie, or something?
    Oops chemtrails [fat fingers + iPhone 5]
    2GRX7 likes this.

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    Not long ago, I would have mocked anyone who said chemtrails are a government conspiracy. But now, I don't know what to think. The more information that get declassified or dug up through the FOIA, or exposed through Wikileaks or people like Snowden, the more I realize we've some ****ed up people in power who DO NOT have my or your interests in mind.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    73 times

Lets say it is mostly just water.. it is still affecting our climate and it is worth taking into consideration when talking about climate change. Isn't it? This woman was a USDA crops loss adjuster and she has done her home work..

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    Not long ago, I would have mocked anyone who said chemtrails are a government conspiracy. But now, I don't know what to think. The more information that get declassified or dug up through the FOIA, or exposed through Wikileaks or people like Snowden, the more I realize we've some ****ed up people in power who DO NOT have my or your interests in mind.
    Neo, if you take the blue pill, you'll go back to your normal everyday life. If you take the red pill.......

Liked
    258 times

Can't tell if this is the funniest current thread or the saddest,,,

BID

Liked
    73 times

nothing to see here.. move along.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2422 times

Quote Originally Posted by bikeindirt View Post
    Can't tell if this is the funniest current thread or the saddest,,,

BID
    Tragedy + time = comedy

both
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    226 times

Like so many things in history, the internet is a powerful tool that can cut many ways. Choose what you believe carefully.

Here is something some friends of mine in Milan Italy created one night in Turin this summer. Note how it gets spun up. They even admit they create these and have documented proof, but the "true believers" deny them. Crop Circle at Aeroporto Torino Aeritalia, Turin, Piedmont, Italy. Reported 23th June*** 2015

What if all our efforts to stem global warming are not sufficient to overcome the natural forces that are in play? Enjoy your track time while you can!
    2GRX7 and bawareca like this.
    Terry Watson
    AROSC Competition Director

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by Slaysman View Post
    Like so many things in history, the internet is a powerful tool that can cut many ways. Choose what you believe carefully.

Here is something some friends of mine in Milan Italy created one night in Turin this summer. Note how it gets spun up. They even admit they create these and have documented proof, but the "true believers" deny them. Crop Circle at Aeroporto Torino Aeritalia, Turin, Piedmont, Italy. Reported 23th June*** 2015

What if all our efforts to stem global warming are not sufficient to overcome the natural forces that are in play? Enjoy your track time while you can!
    DUDE (sniff, sniff)! You were supposed to add some levity to the conversation! Now I'm crying over here (crying while sitting in my RX7 - ah yeah baby)!

Seriously, I think they've (Scientists) said we've past that point already, no (that's with today technology)?

Liked
    258 times

so... boats are cool right?

BID

Liked
    466 times

Come on, I race a rotary. One of the dirtiest burning, fuel consuming cars on the planet. I don't think I like where this thread is going.

VW was "testing" a new concept and merely forgot to take the programing out.

There isn't any truth in global warming. I know it's been a little hot here in So Cal. But that's from El Nino. Not sure what El Nino is. But that's what's doing it. Now, Man Bear Pig is real and should not be taken lightly!

Oh, and the reason for the contrails in SLO is. All that SLO goodness is in the air. So when all those planes going from SF to LA and back. They dump their bathroom holding tanks in that area. Just because they are a little jelly.

See everything has an explanation.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    Come on, I race a rotary. One of the dirtiest burning, fuel consuming cars on the planet. I don't think I like where this thread is going.

VW was "testing" a new concept and merely forgot to take the programing out.

There isn't any truth in global warming. I know it's been a little hot here in So Cal. But that's from El Nino. Not sure what El Nino is. But that's what's doing it. Now, Man Bear Pig is real and should not be taken lightly!

Oh, and the reason for the contrails in SLO is. All that SLO goodness is in the air. So when all those planes going from SF to LA and back. They dump their bathroom holding tanks in that area. Just because they are a little jelly.

OOOHHH MY! I think the real problem going on right here and right now; YOU STILL WATCH SOUTH PARK?!!!! (HORRIFIC SCREAMING ENSUES) :-)
    Gian likes this.

Liked
    144 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post

So the so called chemtrails are really skid marks in the sky?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast